Joe Rogan

And (not aiming this at you), who cares? I don’t agree with myself all the time and listen to a lot of commentators that I rarely agree with but appreciate them for their consistency or their insight.

Who cares if anybody watches a particular program? However, people that will clutch their fake pearls over an eight-second sound bite with no context are probably not the kind of people who were sitting through two and three hour discussions to begin with.

1 Like

:38 was enough. Well, had enough of Rogan.

1 Like

Joe Rogan has consumed too many hallucinogens LSD and mushrooms and spent too much time in sensory deprivation tank.

I don’t like him he’s kind of an asshole stupid but I like his guests.

And he has a huge platform with one of the most popular podcast in the world may be number one.

So when he speaks, a lot of people heAr that and a lot of people follow that.

I’m a big fan of the JRE show. Rogan himself too. So, while I don’t like his stance on the recent Biden commentary, that isn’t enough to change my opinion of him in a meaningful way, or my interest in continuing to watch his show. I realize it’s a YMMV scenario. But I just wanted to add this.

3 Likes

I only watch about 5% of his videos, but I’ve never seen him act as an asshole. And I think his point here is fairly obvious and undeniable, even if you disagree with the hyperbolic way in which he delivers it.

1 Like

I’ve listened to nearly all of his podcasts.

I think he does a good job of keeping his assholeness in wraps.

I’m not saying he’s a super ass just a little ass.

Somehow he’s just fell into to the sweet spot of being with the UFC and also the podcast thing and so right place right time not because he’s anyone special.

Do you have some examples of his assholeness? I typically only watch when I know the interviewee and am interested in what they have to say.

Hmm, in what way is he an asshole? My only knock on him is sometimes he speaks and is just completely wrong and ignorant on the subject. But to be fair, his guests are some of the most knowledgeable people in their field so Joe is going to let some stupid stuff slip on so many hours of talking about complex stuff.

To me, he’s really polite as a host and lets his guests speak.

3 Likes

Well apparently Taiwanese people just walk through 10 year olds and its just a way of life here. Got too many people. :man_facepalming: Around the 10 minutes mark:

Isn’t he talking about China? It’s kind of true in China. People will push you and shove you out the way. The most aggressive are those old ladies lol

He doesn’t know what he is talking about. It was all over the place. But he did say it happened in THE airport :roll_eyes: in Taiwan.

1 Like

Yeah, he seems to be talking about China, and what he said is absolutely true about China (and still a bit true about Taiwan too).

Yeah. He really doesn’t.

I haven’t really noticed it in Taiwan. But maybe people aren’t going to be pushing me.

I don’t get a lot of pushing through, but I get a lot of bumping and invasion of personal space. Or I did before February, anyway.

Hmm. I never really noticed in Taiwan. But I guess I fly in a different airspace in Taiwan :joy: People do bump into me on accident for this reason.

I use a backpack as my computer/work bag. The number of people who run into the backpack in a line is just crazy. Again, I’ve not experienced pushing through much, and line etiquette largely seems good, but goddamnit stop bumping into me! Well, they have since February or so, so…I’ll stop whining.

20 years ago I got the same impression as his while waiting for a connecting flight through Taipei. I think he was talking about this thing happening on an airplane so his impression on the situation could be of someone from another place.

Good talk, interesting guy.