Johnny Depp trying to escape Taiwan?

theres no way i could stay silent for five months even for five million dollars

1 Like

well come on he isn’t guilty of anything that requires torture ??

just trying to climb onto a planes wheelwells which will likely ensure his death after the plane reaches cruise.

anyway what will/can they do with him as hes been sentenced to five months jail and hes one month away from completing that with time served.

Can they find out where he came from? He came in by air? Did he make it in by wheelwell and didn’t die? what?

Where can they deport him to? Maybe send his fingerprints and dna to interpol (oh forgot taiwan doesnt exist) to help?

But seriously what can they do with the guy?
keep him in “custody” or let him loose on the streets? But he needs housing and food and what if he just bums on the streets?

or becomes violent?

Expert opinion from @tommy525, please, what’s most likely going to kill him first up in the air, no oxygen or hypothermia (assuming he doesn’t get squished by the gear)?

Lack of Oxygen should get him first, the Hypothermia part depends on how rugged up he is.

1 Like

If I was up there I’d not really care what kills me first but I’d want it to be quick

Reinhold Messner climbed 29000 foot Everest without oxygen

So the cold could possibly get him first

Unless the aircraft cruised at 40000 feet

This is even weirder, according to the Taiwan News he wasn’t actually refusing to communicate

During the investigation, he received the assistance of an Orthodox priest, to whom he explained in drawings that he had wanted to travel to Palau

2 Likes

With all technology we have today, social media, facial recognition, etc, and they still can’t find this guys identity… incompetence much?

If Taiwan police takes 5 months to find out who someone is and still is unable to do so, I can only imagine the pain of the guy who flew from Canada looking for his brother who disappeared a few years ago.

Taiwan police investigation is top notch.

Incompetence not at all. How are you supposed to tell who a totally random person is? The only thing I’m wondering is, do they take your picture when you come in? I can’t remember.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Maybe he looks different? Still could be a bit of a needle in a haystack search. Not sure what they do know about him to narrow it down.

I agree. This sort of thing happens everywhere. I frequently read stories from the UK about people who nobody knows who they are. If you look up missing people stats from pretty much any country the figures are mind-blowing.

Assuming he came in legally they could only match his photo to his passport number. They don’t have the latter, so it would have to be a case of some kind of facial recognition. The technology isn’t developed enough yet, although the CCP are pushing it.

Just do facial recognition on the cheap.

Open up a social media account, publish his mug shots and the story of what he did and what personal possessions were found on him at the time of his arrest and flood the countries where Russian is spoken. Russian is the official language of Russia , Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan, and it’s considered an unofficial lingua franca in Ukraine and many former Soviet countries. These include Azerbaijan, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. Most likely someone will know who he is and make contact after seeing the news story.

How many times has social media assisted in long lost family members reconnecting? This doesn’t cost anything except time and you can get the media and populace of other countries to do the leg work on figuring out who he is. Can even put a heartfelt spin on it that we are desperately trying to help this guy out and we need other peoples’ assistance.

2 Likes