Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

well, his caricature mannequin is still there inside the ride at Pirates of the Caribbean (always one of my favorite Disney rides, even as an adult)

Listened to two audio posted.

First thought – both are batshit crazy. Add to that privilege from fame and coupious amounts of drugs and good fucking and wa la this is what you have.

Second thought. Famous folks are just like us kiddies :wink:. They are just as conflicted and complicated with their personal relationships.

My two cents to them?

4 Likes
1 Like

Idk, she seems to be the aggressor and even severed his finger from throwing a bottle. It seems like if it was a man doing that, people would be on it. But for a woman, it’s “complicated”?

Not to mention she went to accuse him publicly and to try to gain sympathy speaking out against domestic and sexual violence; which probably progressed her career. While Johnny depps career basically died.

Yes. Because both of them are responsible for all that was involved before the public heard the tapes.

Not saying that Depp deserves any abuse but seems like he released the recordings and they start from a certain point that don’t give full context. This why speculating about folk’s marriage is a waste.

I don’t think it’s all that complicated. I don’t think it’s ok to hit some in a relationship for anything unless you’re defending yourself. If you’re saying they had a complicated marriage, sure. But i can’t see any reason for one to hit and throw things at another person in a relationship.

1 Like

No you’re right abuse has no place in any relationship.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I think Johnny Depp got himself into this mess. I talked to my sister who is in the industry and she said Amber Heard is a known psycho. He has some blame in picking a psycho and marrying her.

But hitting and throwing things is not ok for men or women.

That’s the point I was trying to make.

Depp has a history of messy relationships. I think with Winnona it was all messy as well but no public reports of abuse iirc.

Regardless of the victim blaming of Depp for choosing an abusive partner, we are all agreed that Heard lied?

I missed where she did. I probably had tuned out more than I should as I instinctively do when hearing folks argue.

And I was not trying to victim blame but rather say both are responsible for their actions in their marriage.

Prior to the audio being released Depp counter-claimed that she had been the abuser within their relationship. She denied this. Therefore she lied.

Of course people are responsible for their actions, but marrying an abuser isn’t uncommon. People don’t realise it until it’s too late.

Am I also understanding this correctly that she accused him of abuse, that he denied occurred?

Yes, she became a spokesperson for domestic abuse and sexual abuse while doing so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ive-seen-how-institutions-protect-men-accused-of-abuse-heres-what-we-can-do/2018/12/18/71fd876a-02ed-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html

No, I am not.

I blame Depp for choosing a bad relationship and marrying. But I do not blame him for the physical abuse. I think what Heard did what scummy and was all about advancing her career while killing Depps career willingly. She became a spokes person for domestic violence and gained a lot of sympathy and support all knowing she was the abuser in the relationship.

I don’t agree that it’s acceptable to blame someone for choosing a bad relationship. Abusers can be very charming at first.

1 Like

I guess that is true. They can also prey on people who are more vulnerable. But I still think a person has some personal responsibility for their decisions they can control. I think most people can see signs but they ignore it and justify it.

1 Like

Oh okay. You’re right I forgot the prior stuff. Thx.

His legal team accidentally shared all his text messages with the Sun’s lawyers. Doh!

“I’m gonna properly stop the booze thing, darling … Drank all night before I picked Amber up to fly to LA, this past Sunday … Ugly, mate …. No food for days … powders … half a bottle of whiskey, a thousand red bull and vodkas, pills, 2 bottles of Champers on plane and what do you get??? … An angry, aggro Injun in a f–kin’ blackout, screaming obscenities and insulting any f–k who got near …I’m done … I am admittedly too f–ked in the head to spray my rage at the one I love … For little reason, as well I’m too old to be that guy. But, pills are fine!!!”

yeah maybe it’s time

1 Like