Kaepernick, sacrifice, and freedom of speech

Has he donated more than Trump ? :joy:

I think the odds are very good that youā€™re right: heā€™s a prick.

Never ever has it been a good idea to make heroes out of pro American athletes. Theyā€™ll let you down time after time after time. Youā€™re on eminently safe territory by assuming heā€™s a prick who doesnā€™t give two shits about anything but his own ego.

I get that people wanna, and I get that some people need to, but I see no reason to think Kaep is an exception.

1 Like

Most likely yes.

Making judgements about people you have never met personally based on reports gathered from news sources online is not a good look.

Do you know him? How do you know he is genuine or not. Baseless assumption, and not a pretty one.

By the way did anyone pick up Antonio Brown off the wire when he went to the Pats?

His principles, or Nessa Diabā€™s principles? It seems like more than a coincidence that his vocal support for BLM began soon after he started dating his SJW girlfriend and now fiancee.

1 Like

My friend immediately cut him when the news broke out, heā€™s a principled sort. It worked out well as a competitor wasted a chunk of his waiver acquisition budget on him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too much net speak. I respect what the man did. Feel free to disagree. Id like to see a convo between you guys.

Whats the prob there exactly? He met a woman, she influenced his thinking and actions, he did what was right in his heart and mind, and ended up raising millions for charities.

There are a lot of villans in the NFL. Of all the people to harp onā€¦

Itā€™s just that Colin never espoused any of that ā€œsystematic oppressionā€ talk before he met Nessa, who is also very vocal about the same subject. Talk of systematic oppression also seems just a bit hollow coming from two Americans who are as successful as they both are.

Kind of like AOC and yourself homey ? :heart_eyes:. Missed you :blush:

Being an NFL starter is not easy to accomplish. He made like 54 mil i think.

Also @Dr_Milker why does his own financial success mean he cant be genuine about helping others. You are assuming his intentions are cynical. Maybe he and his wife are really nice people. Id be happy to meet them.

Ive been here a while now. What gives? She hasnt called me yet. I picked up a book on how to virtue signal and hang around Long Island City a lot but its not helping. Still gettting the cold shoulderā€¦

2 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m not the one doubting his sincerity, and of course thereā€™s nothing wrong with doing charity work. I take issue more with his support for BLM. They promote violence against police, and their false narrative that cops disproportionately murder African Americans only serves to deepen the racial divisions in our country.

Colin seems like a talented athlete and a nice enough guyā€¦his girlfriend (as far as I know they arenā€™t married yet) not so much.

1 Like

I dont think most in BLM would agree with your description of their group.

I think you need to be a little more proactive and make the first move. I hear she has a thing for geeky white guys. Maybe you can take some tips from this guy. :sunglasses:

I missed out. Oh well ā€¦

https://youtu.be/VvYIpa1Ulvw

Agree with any of these opinions ?

I know itā€™s not relevant exactly to CK actions but I wonder if he has expressed an opinion?

1 Like

I certainly believe what Thomas is saying.

Nobody here knows Kaepernick personally, so it seems safe to assume his public persona is all smoke and mirrors and instagram horseshit.

You can probably count the number of NFL players since 2010 who are also really good guys on one hand. Making positive judgments about NFL players you donā€™t know personally based on social media or MSM is not wise.

The BLM support also makes Kaepā€™s character suspect imo.

Why is it safe to assume that? You dont know him personally. His social media has nothing to do with it.

You are assuming hes not well intentioned. That is your own opinion, not corroborated by any life experience. As a media critic you should know better.

Heā€™s most annoyed me by crying over how tough heā€™s had it since he opted out of his contract. Iā€™d have more respect for him if heā€™d bit the bullet and faced up to the consequences of his choices. Then again, seems like he got a decent settlement out of the NFL.