Kaohsiung finally gets a Burger King!

To my fellow K-town residents:

Fear not! golfmade was on the hunt today and found a brand stinking new BK in Kaohsiung.

OK actually I was taking my wife to check out a new gym and we happened to pass by it, rubbed my eyes a few times to make sure it was really a BK and not a knock off restaurant and yes, really is a BK, huge line out the door as well.

It’s in Zuoying not far from Bo-Ai. It’s on Yu-Cheng road, if you’re coming from Bo-Ai heading east it’ll be on your right after about 2-3 blocks. If you’re coming from Min-Zu it’ll be a bit further, on your left hand side and again, about 2-3 blocks or so before Bo-Ai.

Will go check it out next week but since I just joined Fitness Factory with the intent to get back into shape after a few years of slacking off I’ll also be trying to eat healthier as well.

[quote=“golfmade”]
Will go check it out next week but since I just joined Fitness Factory with the intent to get back into shape after a few years of slacking off I’ll also be trying to eat healthier as well.[/quote]

I drive around the Fitness Factory (how much is the membership btw?) quite often to go to the HSR.

Lots of “new” places popping up. Haven’t seen the beautiful circle with BK in it yet.

Dying to tho.

Lucky you, guys … first 2 hours fitness, than straight to BK … at least it’s better then McD

Anybody knows if there is a Burger King restaurant in Taichung? How many branches and where?

I was in the States this summer and saw that people still gobble McD up like crazy. There was lines in every McD I went to (and there’s a McD at every block it seemed). Perhaps it’s the price or the large amount you get for the price, but business seems fantastic for the fast food business.

Don’t know about BK in the states. Saw only like a few once in a while. But McD was just a monster.

Maoman said, “I was disappointed to find out that Burger King in Taipei doesn’t always cook their meat on the spot, but “flame broils” them at some locations and then ships them over to other locations . . .”

Yes, I believe the location of flamebroiling is somewhere in the central valley of California.

Mer said, “Don’t get the chicken fingers at BK. They are pretty sad.”

Yes, that is sad. I thought people eating chicken butts and chicken’s feet was sad. Paying to eat chicken fingers (can we just call them claws?) is even sadder.

Mos Burger do Rice Burgers. Mmmmmmm…Rice burger…

There’s another place down the road called McDonald’s. And there just as disgustingly disgusting as Burger King. I suggest you try there. :wink:

Actually, I was tempted my a MaccyDs t’other day. I was only in there for the loo of course (isn’t everybody?), and I noticed how sparkling clean everything was, and how happy the people working there were (I usually bring a smile to people’s faces, but this time I’m sure it wasn’t me). For a split second I was tempted to eat there!

Haha makes me appreciate the walking distance to a BK for me here in the bay area :slight_smile:

Although I almost never buy anything there or eat there.

And its almost always empty, not like the Miky D that I buy at least something at everyday .

Southern Taiwan Burger King is in the news in the USA

No.