Kaohsiung Pizza Wars

I don’t usually bother with loyalty programs. Besides, if I’m going to put on some pants and leave the house in this heat, I’m not going to Pizza Rock.

1 Like

Yes, I know it well. Pizzas are top notch, but they should be with the oven he has. He ferments the dough for a minimum of 48 hours so it’s super light and airy. Frankly speaking it’s the only pizza place worth visiting in Kaohsiung

2 Likes

Did you ever go?

Not yet

Nice at Pizza Bros, much better to eat at shop. Simple tables, fast hot pizza is much better than take away taste wise, two of us had two different ones

photos here

I just started a pizza stand called Ryan’s Pizza at 左營區富國路167號 in Kaohsiung. I’m making traditional Neapolitan pizza. If you are in the area, it would be my pleasure to make a pizza for you.

4 Likes

Have a menu we check out?

Is it pizza hut?

No

1 Like

Probably not the right one…?

Yes, I do. Thanks for asking. If you end up coming over for a pizza I would personally recommend a Margherita or a Pepperoni.

2 Likes

I don’t want to double post, but since I’m a new user I can only attach one picture per post, so I’ll post one more time. It’s not on the menu as of yet, but I also have a seafood pizza.

2 Likes

I notice the pizzas are very… affordable. What size are they? Are they meant for one person?

Also, for those of us who are lazy, will you be using UberEats?

Good luck on your new business! burns virtual ghost money

1 Like

Thanks for your questions. I’m glad to hear you think they are affordable. I just chose a price where I could make a little money and give my customers an extremely high-quality product. I use the best ingredients possible.

They are 10 inches generally speaking. The pizzas are hand-stretched, so the exact size can vary. I’m putting them in 10-inch boxes though and they just barely fit most of the time.

I would say one pizza is a meal for one person.

I’m looking into getting UberEats now. Hopefully, I will be signed up with them soon.

Thanks a lot for your blessing. It’s greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Ryan’s Pizza is the best pizza in Kaohsiung. I was going to leave a review here before but forgot.

One pizza is enough for one person to fill up on. They’re about 9 or 10 inches.

Anyway, I highly recommend giving it a try! You’ll stop eating all other pizzas.

1 Like

HongKonger thanks a lot for your kind words and positive review. It really means a lot to me, to say the least.

Sounds good! Might try it next time I make it down to Kaohsiung!

I just ate there tonight. As others said 10" pizza is enough to fill up on for one person. Similar to size of a small pizza at pizza rock.

I ordered a margarita and asked for it a bit burnt. The crust was crispy outside but moist inside.

The overall pizza was a very good ratio of sauce and cheese.

On the menu, it says they add salt, but I asked for no salt. Without it, it still had a really good flavor.

Ryan was also really nice. So overall, I would def recommend others to try it out for themselves.

One thing is, it seems there’s one oven, so if in a rush, maybe budget extra time.

4 Likes

Is there dine-in available?

Andrew, it would be my pleasure to have you stop by.

Bluew, thanks a lot for taking time out of your day to stop by. I really appreciate it. I’m glad you enjoyed the pizza. Your point about there only being one oven is 100% valid. I will look into ways to allow customers to order ahead of time and pick up the pizza to avoid waiting.

The menu needs to be updated, because I don’t actually add salt to the pizza directly. The salty component comes from the pecorino cheese, which I omitted in your case. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the lighter flavor.

On a side note, I heard you speaking Chinese with my wife and your Chinese is very good. Thanks for stopping by. It was our pleasure.

TT, yes you can dine-in. The pizza stand is in front of karaoke bar and there is indoor and outdoor seating available there which you are free to use. If you want to enjoy your pizza in peace I would recommend getting there before 10 or so, because if people come to sing karaoke it can be noisy.

Also there is a Family Mart about 60 meters to the right of the stand that also has many tables out front.

Thanks for everyone’s interest and support. It really lifts my spirits. I will continue to work hard to improve my pizza.

4 Likes