Karting track or road race track anywhere?

I used to hit the race track in California frequently with my 300ZX TwinTurbo. When I’m in Taiwan, I get itching for some track driving. I found a pretty good kart track south of Taipei, just outside the city limits. They have an indoor and outdoor track. Nice facility and well kept.

Anybody know of any other kart tracks?

In some of the local car tuning magazines, they show track footage of some races going on at a race track in Taiwan. Anybody know were this race track is? Anybody know of ANY race track in Taiwan?

Thanks!

That’s probably shot out at Longtan if it looks like a ‘real’ circuit. There are autox events held in various places also.

The Lungtan track is less than ten minutes from my house…PM me if you want directions.

It’s 800NT for 15 minutes on the high-performance carts. There are several expats from Taipei that come down for the weekend to drive. They own their own karts and keep them in a rental shed on-site. They also have the standard kiddie karts for the more faint-hearted.

The go-kart place in western Taichung is good. I wrote about it here;
[Rosso go-karting in Taichung

The owner, Rosso, is pretty safety conscious. If anyone drives like a complete idiot they get pulled over for a chat and if they continue their drive is terminated. That makes it a good place to take a mixed-ability group. You can still get a good competitive drive though.

They only rent out 270cc 4-stroke karts (Bowman), but they’re still faster than most rental karts in western countries, which typically are 150cc.

I think there are about 6 tracks in Taiwan for semi-pro karting. There’s a league and it’s on TV sometimes. I imagine Rosso’s is one of the places and maybe the Longtan one is as well. Don’t know about the others.

isn’t there one in Taipei as well? I’m not sure what was the name of it, but I recently saw it on the news. They were holding a drifting event there and it included all sorts of neat cars, including nissan silvias (I drive a 240sx, a US variant of that car.).

Anyways the only Karting Place I went to was the carting place in the basement of city jungle… the karts were slow and poorly maintained, so it was really no fun… I’d like to be able to drive on a track here in Taiwan one day. I attend Drift Days a lot in the US and I’ve attended 2 speedtrial events in the US.

Is the Longtan go cart place still open??

Tomorrow is adventure Tuesday for the boy and we’d like to do some cruising! :sunglasses:

[quote=“jdsmith”]Is the Longtan go cart place still open??

Tomorrow is adventure Tuesday for the boy and we’d like to do some cruising! :sunglasses:[/quote]

I’m sure the Longtan go-kart track is open. The Longtan race (cars) track is supposedly cosed for good though.

I talk about a go-kart track here with a link with directions at the bottom of the post: [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … nan#411904](Pocket bikes/minimotos in Taiwan

I went on a go-kart track in Zhunan a couple of weeks ago, it is right off the freeway #3. It was pretty good, I would estimate the top speeds of the karts at about 60 km/h. The track was a little rough at some corners, but still fun to race on. There were also some more experienced drivers. If you don’t want to have lap times, the charge is only NT$ 200 for 10 minutes of fun. Haven’t been in a kart for a while, my lower arms were a lttle sore after 20 minutes.

That’s the place I posted a link about in the post over yours ratlung. Hehe. I used to go there a lot. Andre (another forumosian) goes there as well. skylarkpuma and plasmatron say they will meet me there for a few laps, but they’ve been saying that for about 8 months now… :s . Anyway, the next you’re going on a Sunday…let us know.

Hmm, I guess I should have followed the link. It is a fun track tough, we were 11 on it one time. I would always be up for a race.

the gokart track in chungho/xindian is gone…dragged 6 friends up there last weekend to find the entire complex razed…all gone…truly unfortunate…i think they’re gonna build a housing complex there…just what we need…more housing in a country thats facing drastic negative population growth…

gotta hit zhunan soon…need to get the speed fix on the track so i can tone it down a bit with the aggresive riding on the streets…

I just moved to longtan because i wanted to get involved. It was great to see NSRs battle on weekends only 5 minutes from my new place. I had no idea that it was going to CLOSE FOR GOOD. I hear it was posted in a couple magazines announcing that the HK owner didn’t feel like losing anymore money and decided its closure… I feel scammed. In and around Longtan, there’s still a couple good tracks that hold some national scooter and cart championships, I guess that’ll have to do.

There’s also Taiwan’s first International raceway in Pintung. I hear it’s big, fast, and smooth… I can’t wait to check it out.

If anyone is going down there, let me know. I want to come!

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]

There’s also Taiwan’s first International raceway in Pintung. I hear it’s big, fast, and smooth… I can’t wait to check it out![/quote]

I also hear it’s half finished… as it has been for the last 5 years… story goes that the land was obtained, the track laid out (by whom is anyone’s guess, not anyone qualified to design a race track you can be sure) in dirt track form and the government were suppose to front the other half of the investment money to surface the track and build the infrastructure… it was apparently one of ChenShuiBian’s election campaign promises to bring investment and revenue to PingDong… he lied… big surprise… govt refuses to front the cash, the “track” remains in disrepair… It’s not far from the “Jian Hu Shan” amusement park in PingDong county…

I hear rumours from time to time, but they’ve all turned out to be false so far…

No. My mechanic invited me to come watch them race there… maybe NSRs run on a different part of the track. He said it was done.

Could just be another rumour… but I can’t see how, he’s no sucker.

Longtan track is NOT closed. I was at the track this weekend.

I thought I had been in Taiwan long enough to remember not to believe anything people on the street tell me. I wish people that didn’t know anything would just say “Sorry, I don’t know if the track is closed or not”, intead of telling lies.

I went go-karting in Jhunan (ju-nan) on Sunday. Had a blast…it’s a rush. I was even WOOHOOing while on the track. I don’t do that at other tracks…just the one in Jhunan ( that’s how they spell it on the road signs).