Kazakhstan Crumbles

The country burns and people are going to die and all the world thinks of is Borat???

1 Like

Yip

For all the petrodollars the resource-rich state has invested in image promotion, Kazakhstan is still dogged by Borat.

Many beyond its borders continue to associate the country with British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen’s 2006 outrageous hit mockumentary Borat.

He reared his head again in 2017 when Baron Cohen offered to pay fines for Czech tourists detained by Kazakh police after they posed for photos in the capital wearing Borat-style ‘mankinis’.

Why Kazakhstan uprising will strike fear in Putin | Daily Mail Online

Is that a missile launcher being loaded?

Bit overkill for a “peacekeeping” mission.

Maybe I need to do even bigger air quotes, Peacekeeping mission.

1 Like

Our riots are bush-league by comparison.

1 Like

It’s a little strange for sure, the Russians sent paratroopers to a 'stan to quell protesters.

Yet in Syria they send in MPs, from Chechnya.

I don’t get it. (my meaning being that paras win wars and kill, while military police know how to handle civilians without shooting them. Also, paras are Russians from anywhere, Chechnya MPs are Muslim, just like the Syrians, and just like people from the stans. )

wtf is going on? What are they expecting?

Shoot to kill? Fuckin cowboys.

Holy shit. That is what happens when mobs really want to do damage.

Why do things always get worse with Russian involvement?

It will delay Russias invasion of the Ukraine a little :slight_smile: I hope Borat is safe.

:laughing: :laughing:

Borat is fine, but his sister has seen a decline in business.

2 Likes

Shoot to kill, no questions asked.

Too bad that didn’t happen in the US during a few of those riots.

1 Like

like, January 6th, for example?

Speaking of the devil…

1 Like

Is that you Borat?

1 Like

Turns out the ‘foreign-trained terrorists’ were private militia from the former president Nazarbayev.
It was a power struggle between the old and the new president on top of the normal protests.

During that day, the first vestiges of a “counter-coup” emerged, as Nazarbayev’s clan quickly mobilised to block Tokayev’s power takeover. Well-organised and trained fighters facing almost no resistance were able to take control of the KNB building, the presidential palace, and the airport in Almaty.

1 Like

But that did happen on Jan. 6th.

Yeah, it was obvious someone was behind it, when it’s the people protesting like in France you can have 100’s of thousands protesting and they kind of stand around in the street not knowing what to do.

This was coordinated, they had walkie talkies and stormed strategic buildings in an effort to control power. Somebody was organizing this.

So, it turns out it was one faction of Kazakhstan vs another, that’s not as bad as some might have suspected.

1 Like