Keep safe! Extremely Heavy Rain Advisory (it filled up our lakes!)

Keep safe, there was/is a Extremely Heavy Rain Advisory

Heavy Rain Advisory in effect from this morning (05/30) through late this afternoon (05/30)

Issue Time: 2021/05/30 08:20

1. Changhua County,

Heavy Rain Advisory or Extremely Heavy Rain Advisory in effect from this morning (05/30) through late this afternoon (05/30)

1. Taichung City, Nantou County, Yunlin County, Chiayi City, Chiayi County, Tainan City, Kaohsiung City, Penghu County,

Heavy Rain Advisory in effect from this morning (05/30) through late this afternoon (05/30)

4 Likes

Flooding already in Changhua.

2 Likes

Looks like a lot of rain already there.

4 Likes

any information on lifting of any water restrictions?

Kaohsiung is barely yellow. It will take more rain and more time.

1 Like

Taiwan is not alone here in facing water troubles.

Here’s an informative—if also depressing—report on the situation in the western United States:

Guy

1 Like

The rain is long overdue. Guess it all decided to come at once.

2 Likes

Hopefully some more plum rains to come. That will sort us

4 Likes

A tad premature, old chap.

3 Likes

Well there could be massive flooding and they still say there aren’t enough water. It never rains at reservoirs for some reason.

Fucking pissing it down now

How’s the river tracing coming along?

Guy

1 Like

We seem to get a 1 minute deluge about every 15 minutes, makes a hell of a noise, and a fair amount evaporates.

1 Like

I didn’t manage to get out that far this weekend. Shot some macro instead.

2 Likes

Given the amount of rain, I’d say this was a good call.

Take care Mr Bear!

Guy

1 Like

Better start picking up now…

2 Likes

Great link, with an easy to use map for the different reservoirs.

1 Like

I was woken up at like 5 this morning. Not #cool.

There’s also this one https://water.taiwanstat.com/

5 Likes

Yup, also good (albeit broken at the moment?), but I already had that one and I’ve seen it posted here a few times. A few minutes ago I was comparing the two links so I can finally figure out where some of these reservoirs are.

I’ve also taken a couple of screenshots from that one over the past few days, out of idle curiosity for how much difference this weekend of rain may make. (As of lunchtime today: not much at all.)