Keep safe! Extremely Heavy Rain Advisory (it filled up our lakes!)

Extrapolate your example to most of the west haha.

It is true taiwan has fairly decent (smooth) roads. As mentioned above Population density plays a huge part in that. The problem is they intentionally funnel truckloads of money to make work projects doing them…they can easily do better jobs in construction and funnel their corruption funds into other make work projects that actually further stimulate the society and economy further veenfiting taiwan and thus we all get richer and they can have bigger project funds for their buddies.

Every single year i have lived in this tiny village they have redone the roads here. They intentionally repave THEN decide to rip them to shreds to lay in new water pipes (that are also under sized, future make work project). Then repave. Then rip the roads to shit to redo the ditches and add barriers. Then repave. Now to put in undergound electrical lines, and now repaving. Next years project? Meanwhile we have no water reservoirs serving the beeds to locals. No government is that innept. Its clearly intentional.

1 Like

We should just claim the extra few meters of territory that we also paved for them.

Enter the Netherlands from Germany: full in the brakes, slowing from 150Kmh to 100Kmh exactly at the border.

Enter the Netherlands from Belgium: stop feeling carsick and feel better as you return home.

Enter the Netherlands from the UK: feel weird as you switch lanes to “normal” rolling off the ferry.

Do you know why? Because every other European needs to cross Belgium to go anywhere, I guess Belgium has the most trucks crossings in Europe. And no other country wanted to pay road taxes to cross.

That’s where all trucks go off before hitting NL.

Do they not have toll booths, scales or some other form of tax for road usage? If its like that, its like a panama and should be rich from it.

They recently introduced (a few years back) it.

Apparent tragedy in the mountains of Kaohsiung after the heavy rains:

Does anyone have more news about this woman?

Guy

2 Likes

EU roads vary a lot by location. I have to say even in Taitung roads are mostly good.

Worst I seen in modern nation was local area in portland oregon area, the road was full of holes so much so that the friend I visited said if your not careful you will get a easy flat tyre.

1 Like

Or worse, broken axle.

Yes, that would be terrible!

1 Like

Numbers look nice, going into the dry winter season. Big change from a year ago, many lakes at 100% full.

5 Likes

I hope people didnt forget last year come February/March.

And that in spite of no typhoon really hitting us this year…

1 Like

Yes, just a few normal summer rain storms

1 Like

Yeah but is it really over yet?

Who knows? But forecasters gave up.

1 Like

Doesn’t look too good!

白河水庫(台南)

53%

有效蓄水量:622.00萬立方公尺

昨日水量下降:0.98%

預測剩餘天數:30天-60天

Just a heads up in the Northern areas: 100% chance of rain forecast for tomorrow morning.

Get up early, get on the bus/MRT/taxi/car. Don’t ride and get soaked.

Looks good to me for Tainan , close to 90% full at the big lakes. The one you list is tiny . it is 1/80th the size of the main one in Tainan.

2 Likes

That’s half empty, not half full.

1 Like