Keep safe! Extremely Heavy Rain Advisory (it filled up our lakes!)

Looks still half full (many are very full) after a long dry winter. First few days of heavy rain in long time. (Seems Taichung did good job save water, Sun&Moon Lake is 97% full!)

1 Like

You must have been in another winter. This was one silly raining every couple of days winter jumping from winter straight into summer with like 2 nice spring weeks in between.

I don’t think Taichung saved any water. It’s been raining every couple of days. Last year didn’t see a cloud. This year hard to find stable days at all, felt like Taipei must feel normally.

In the south at Kaohsiung it was definitely better (usually winter should be just warmer down there but about as sunny). This can also easily be seen by the reservoirs down South that are below half full while I think they already let down water from deji to prepare for the rainy season…

Well here in South of Taiwan, winter was drier than summer.

1 Like

Winter is always dryer than summer in Taiwan. But this winter in the North and center was really wet.
And spring this year seems to be skipped, straight to rainy and hot summer weather.

Usually Taichung has loads of sunshine hours, this year not so. I would like to know if there are websites showing sunshine hours per day/week/month in Taiwan for weather stations

Oh and I think sun moon lake actually isn’t a reservoir for Taichung but area South of Taichung.
Taichung main water reservoir is Deji.

For today

2 Likes

Affecting: Tainan City, Kaohsiung City, Pingtung County Mountain Area, Taitung County Mountain Area

So please no river tracing today in the mountains in the south!

Guy

Yeah, weatherunderground said clear skies today, so i got ready for a hike, as soon as i hit the streets there was sprinkles and thunder. Never really rained, but still have had the odd peal

1 Like

“Dismiss Heavy Rain Advisory”
“Heavy Rain Advisory is cancelled from late this afternoon (04/23) through tonight (04/23)”

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Taiwan Weather Thread 2022

No water shortage to worry about recently, some good news!

6 Likes

Nice to have a normal spring, summer will be here soon.

2 Likes

Taipei had the coldest average temperatures in May in 68 years.

I don’t know if I would be ready to call this “normal” yet. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

I vote for normal! Enjoying milking every last bit of coolness before I bail out of this heattrap for the summer.

1 Like

Normal is not a synonym for pleasant or preferred!

It’d be nice though if these things intersected.

Guy

No, but this is a normal spring in a sense :slight_smile:

It’s not normal. My birthday is mid summers day. My birthday is eleven days away. My birthday should be sunny. And hot.

Did I mention it’s my birthday soon?

1 Like

Plum rains in progress!

I had one student writing that we’re done with plum rains, and it’s typhoon season now.

2 Likes

They’re trying, but they’re a bit wet behind the ears. This is the last wave.