KGB Kiwi Gourmet Burgers

Hi,
the beverage menu is getting there.
We’ve got banana and apple & avocado yoghurt smoothies (mango when they’re cheaper) and milkshakes (caramel, chocolate, strawberry, banana).

We’ve also got Rooibos tea - iced, hot and fruit tea.

cheers

[quote=“Rascal”]Went for a second visit there last night - first time I had the “Little Piggy” (with bacon) and last night the Kiwi Burger, both time with fries. The burgers taste great and are definetely not expensive if you consider their size, as well soft-drinks are very reasonable at NT35 for a can (comes with a glass of ice). In my opinion. :wink:

As to the furniture - it might not be brandnew but so what? The decor is simple but again I don’t see the problem here.

I shall be back, and lot’s of success to Antoni and Matt with their new business. :beer:[/quote]

I have to agree with Rascal, above.

My wife and I just returned from our first visit to KGB and the place is very nice, indeed. She had the beet root and pineapple and egg burger and I had the cranberry and Camembert burger… both quite good… but I liked the CC burger better. My wife liked the ice tea, which was apparently Saffie style and I enjoyed a micro-brewed Kiwi ale.

I’ve already advised my boy that he should try this place.

Good luck to KGB!

I went there last week and also had the CC Burger.
And some cherry rooibos tea.
Delish.
Good luck, guys!

I was there last night. The #2 burger was good, the bun was the best part. They had wifi but weren’t giving out the password. All in all, not bad.

Um, doesn’t that sort of defeat the purpose? :s

I guess it was just for staff to use, not customers.

Great review in the Taipei Times yesterday :hungry: Best of luck for the future guys, I’ll bring the rugby team down to eat.

Here is the link.

I checked out KGB with a buddy for lunch today. Very tasty burgers indeed. I had the Double Happy with salad instead of fries. Very satisfied. I will be back.

The place isn’t very big. I’m curious on busy days if it fills up quickly or not?

hi,
We just put in a second AC so now it’s cool and comfy. Thanks for to everyone who came back despite the fact our AC wasn’t handling the heat as well as we’ve hoped.
Cheers
Ants

i just ate there. it was really good. had the camebert and cranberry, gf had the bacon and avocado. that avocado and whatever drink was really nice. neil wade’s photos on the wall were nice too.

can you guys make some take out flyers so we can order and pick up? it was definitely a place i’ll be returning too.

and foreigners who complain about the price of things in taipei… nubs

I was there a couple of weeks ago and had the caemembert cranberry one, which worked well despite the sweetness. Wife had the bacon avocado which was also delicious. Shared a rocket salad which was nice and large, with olives and a really nice balsamic vinegar dressing, not a hint of iceberg lettuce.
Mothieth’s Ale was very good.
All in all, an excellent meal that left me stuffed, but without the bloated feeling I get when I have too much grease.
They’re really doing something right over there and I’ll definitely be back.
It gets the sandman five Sam rating.

I had my first KGB burger today. Great stuff, and it felt “healthy” too. I’ll be back for more.

Stopped in for the first time today and assuredly it will not be the last. The satay burger and side salad were delicious as was the Taiwan microbrew. And as Maoman mentioned, it had a nice healthy taste. It was two in the afternoon and the place was pretty packed. Expect them to doing well for awhile.

Reading this review is making me homesick… I can smell the Monteith’s brewery as I write, as we could as we walked past it everyday afterschool on the way to town, or playing in the school yard at Intermediate.

Anyway, do you have a “down-time” when it would most suit having families in to smear the furniture with tomato sauce whilst mums enjoy a taste of home?

I just came back from my first visit. It was delicious. So good! Mmm… easily one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. :slight_smile: Yum!

For the visually curious, here’s a photo of my lunch:

http://flickr.com/photos/aep/2745050387/

Man, I love that ginger/lime aioli. I had that one last Sunday, and I did hear tell from a tall pleasant Kiwi that he’s thinking about introducing a lamb burger at some point in the future. I can’t wait for that.

The wife and I hit this place again earlier this evening and I have to say again that the burger with the egg, beet root and pineapple is really good.

thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate it.

We just filled out the menu to 23 odd burgers from 15. Now you an the full range of sauces and toppings on the veg (now 8 burgers), chicken(7) and beef (10).

We also added “The Classic” which is essentially an american style burger.
It’s our basic range and new burgers are coming quite soon.
Cheers again

Oh we have South African beer and cider now too. We have Savanna and hunters Gold in the ciders.
Cheers
Ants

Is there a menu online?