Khan!

I’ve knocked Khan a lot, but I have to admit he’s something special. Wow!

Sorry to reply to my own post but I’m fucking excited. That was amazing. Khan is speical.

Training with Roach is obviously paying off, but I don’t think much of his opponent. Kevin Mitchell beat Prescott as well. I wonder if Mitchell will get a shot at Khan?

Power punches thrown from a really high guard, that’s really difficult and needs great technique. Roach has turned him into a really dangerous fighter. I think they’ll be more likely to look for an American opponent now, building up to a big payday in Vegas. Has to be a light hitter though, just in case they get through that guard.

The guy he fought is in negotiations with Eminem to make a movie of his life. I hope it is called ‘You got knocked the fuck out.’

NSFW… youtube.com/watch?v=q36uaSlf0ck

“Diaz and Pacquiao are great fighters, but I could beat them both” - Khan, June 2008

October 2008 - Khan starts training with Roach and Pacman

“As for fighting him (Pacquiao) in the future, I can’t really see that happening” - Khan, November 2008

Greatest Star Trek movie ev…wait… :blush: :blush:

I thought he had moved to The Philippines :ponder:

“Khan has spent that time remodelling his style. Endless sparring sessions with Pacquiao have helped turn him into a fighter who could go on and realise Roach’s predictions”

“Khan has spent that time remodelling his style. Endless sparring sessions with Pacquiao have helped turn him into a fighter who could go on and realise Roach’s predictions”[/quote]
A devastating loss can work wonders on a fighter. It happened with Haye when he got badly beaten, in MMA it happened with Bisping . Everyone of the aforementioned fighters has come back far stronger than before the loss Khan included. Khan is looking good lets give him just one more bout before we forumosan boxing jury vote him to possible superstar status. Actually Tom I do want him to go up against a big hitter just to see what happens. :thumbsup:

Great performance tonight. I reckon he could just about take Hatton now.

I’d imagine Roach will get some bigger guys in the gym to rough him up and see how he handles getting hit before risking him against a hitter. If Warren has his way he’ll never get in the ring with any American who can hit harder than Magliani, or Hatton if Warren’s 100% sure that Hatton is shot and he manages to shift 4 stone.

I was a little bit drunk and over-excited with my first two posts, but he did look very impressive. You’re right, Fenlander, once he’s beaten a really dangerous fighter (Urango would be a good start) we can start talking about possible superstar status.

[quote=“tomthorne”]I’d imagine Roach will get some bigger guys in the gym to rough him up and see how he handles getting hit before risking him against a hitter. If Warren has his way he’ll never get in the ring with any American who can hit harder than Magliani, or Hatton if Warren’s 100% sure that Hatton is shot and he manages to shift 4 stone.

I was a little bit drunk and over-excited with my first two posts, but he did look very impressive. You’re right, Fenlander, once he’s beaten a really dangerous fighter (Urango would be a good start) we can start talking about possible superstar status.[/quote]

yeah good point as I am also not 100% convinced Hatton is shot. Hatton gets slagged off a lot and very unfairly as his two loses came against perhaps the two greatest legends of the sport Mayweather and Pacman. Losing to those two in no way means anyone is shot. People think I am clueless when I say Hatton/Mayweather was not as one sided as they make out!! SO now i don’t say it. Hatton hits damn hard and should stay with his old style and not try to be something he isn’t as Mayweather senior tried to do with him. Where has all his body punching disappeared to? He was famous for that. A lot of Americans seem to believe Hattom was loved just because he was British yes that was a part of it but we also have a lot of self hate to many of our fighters, as the main reason Hattom was and still is loved is because he was a brawler. That is why Tyson was shocked at the adoration he received when he came to the UK, he was more loved in UK then even Lennox was. Haye is going to get a huge fan base if he beats Klit because he is both British and a slugger. Khan needs to beat a top brawler and heavy hitter then he will finally get the adoration of the home country he so desires. He went a long way to achieving that with this win but he needs to do more! There’s only one Ricky hatton win lose or draw we dont care, for now at least!!! He is Rocky Balboa lol I know one of the men that helped train him and he said “Ricky is a legend and a great great fighter but Pacman is just too good for him” that is true but still he is a great fighter. At the end of the day who isn’t Pac man better than !!! Ok my rant finshed. :discodance:

[quote=“fenlander”]Hatton gets slagged off a lot and very unfairly as his two loses came against perhaps the two greatest legends of the sport Mayweather and Pacman. Losing to those two in no way means anyone is shot.[/quote]Yeah. He beat Kostya Tszyu, and the circumstances surrounding his loss to Pacman were farcical.

[quote=“tomthorne”]Power punches thrown from a really high guard, that’s really difficult and needs great technique.
[/quote]It’s not such a difficult skill to acquire.

[quote=“tomthorne”]Power punches thrown from a really high guard, that’s really difficult and needs great technique.
[/quote]It’s not such a difficult skill to acquire.[/quote]

I can’t do it. If I throw a punch from head height I tend to just push it out with no snap. Maybe approaching 40 isn’t the best time to try to learn :slight_smile:

Pacquiao’s camp has mentioned several times that the preparations for the upcoming pacman / mayweather bout will be made more intense thanks to the great sparing partner abilities of khan

Yah Khan is very fast and must be a fantastic sparring partner. I still predict Mayweather will win though. However I am starting to doubt my conviction by the day. I have this annoying doubt that maybe Pac man will win it which goes against all my better judgement. As I would say that purely on the facts Mayweather should win this.

[quote=“tomthorne”]Maybe approaching 40 isn’t the best time to try to learn[/quote]Just practice needed, I think. Practise on the bag, relax arms and shoulders. Snap comes with the timing. I always get nagged for dropping my left.

I learned boxing at primary school in England as I am mid 40’s now ha! In England I was one of the last of a generation that could box in school as part of the sport’s curriculum with no helmets etc. I would imagine it would be fairly hard to learn when one is approaching 40 but the one thing I love about boxing is that compared to most other martial arts it is possible to get very efficient in self defense in a very very short period of time. I did MMA as well but boxing for me in king, I love it. Stick with it Tom as once it clicks in you never forget it. Gangster is right as with practice it will come and then you will never lose it.

I just watched the Ortiz Maidana fight, didn’t see it first time round. If Khan gets matched against either of them he’s going to get knocked out, regardless of the work Roach has done on his defence.

yah that was a great fight very entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6AEjLPlTc0