KMT says A-Bian is Hitler/Osama/Saddam Hussein

Would someone please send a link to the ad and a translation to the Drudge Report?
www.drudgereport.com

I agree! Once I tell a taxi-driver I am German, they might give me a thumbs up and tell me, how strong Germany and Hitler is… (That is, taxi drivers on both sides of the Taiwan straight.)

As for the distastefull KMT-ad: let’s hope that some influential Jewish organisation in the States gets the information … they will be probably outraged about it and make a lot of noise.

The last “clash of cultures”, that is Hitler/Nazis vs. Asian understanding happened last summer in Hong Kong. A chain of fashion shops decorated their outlets with all sorts of Nazi-signs … which was big news all over Europe.

I agree! Once I tell a taxi-driver I am German, they might give me a thumbs up and tell me, how strong Germany and Hitler is… (That is, taxi drivers on both sides of the Taiwan straight.)

As for the distastefull KMT-ad: let’s hope that some influential Jewish organisation in the States gets the information … they will be probably outraged about it and make a lot of noise.

The last “clash of cultures”, that is Hitler/Nazis vs. Asian understanding happened last summer in Hong Kong. A chain of fashion shops decorated their outlets with all sorts of Nazi-signs … which was big news all over Europe.[/quote]

That’s funny. THe Japanese were strong too. How come there are no posters of Yammamoto or Meiji and stores flying the Rising Sun.

[quote]That’s funny. THe Japanese were strong too. How come there are no posters of Yammamoto or Meiji and stores flying the Rising Sun.
[/quote]

Because the Japanese got their arses well and truly kicked by the Allies.
Wait a minute, so did Hitler, AND he died in a puddle of his own piss and shit after shooting himself and beggaring his country.
Strange role model.

How embarrassing! I guess someone over at KMT HQ forgot all about these. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh no!!! There are even more!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s because people here do have knowledge about the crimes committed by the Japanese during the 2nd world war (Nanjing massacre, comfort women, etc.) … so they are more sensible about it.

I often thing that what the Germans are in Europe (during the past and at present) is very similar to what the Japanese are in Asia.

From my personal point of view: the Germans are dealing with their history in a better way than the Japanese.

A German teenager will tell you that he feels sorry about the 2nd world war because it killed so many people.
A Japanese might tell you that he feels sorry because Japan lost it.

Good pics. Where the heck did you find those? I must say you really find the most interesting photos to post, including your wife :smiley:

but technically speaking, the US also adopted the German helmet, because the design was functionally very sound.

and also, the helmet comes from the previous reich minus the spike (ok, not that they were such great role models too)

Seems that Godwin’s law applies here. Pity they don’t automatically lose for invoking it.

sorry i was being sarcastic.

nuke them a few more times and they’ll really be sorry. (damn it, I blame BF’s and Fred’s influences)

My goodness!!! Who is this handsome devil wearing the eagle and swastika on his chest? I’ll give you a hint. He was in the 98th Gebirgsjaeger Regiment and served during the Anschluss.*

*“On the morning of 12th March 1938, troops of the German Wehrmacht and the SS crossed the German-Austrian border. On 13th March 1938, Hitler announced in Linz the legislation on the “Anschluss” (Annexation) of Austria into the German Reich.”
linz.at/archiv/nationalsoz/ekapitel3.html

Why it’s none other than Wego Chiang, the dashing son of President Chiang Kai-shek. Ah…the good old days, ja?

But were the two boys his boys?

chinainformed.com/Archive/x9710/971002.html

[quote=“blueface666”]My goodness!!! Who is this handsome devil wearing the eagle and swastika on his chest? I’ll give you a hint. He was in the 98th Gebirgsjaeger Regiment and served during the Anschluss.*
[/quote]

Will there be an Anschluss for China and Taiwan?

that ad has made the bbc website, its gotten a little attention. aparrently apologies were issues and ads were withdrawn as a result of the small jewish community in taiwan

[quote]Taiwan opposition pulls Hitler ad
The opposition advertisement appeared in three newspapers
Taiwan’s opposition has apologised for an election advertisement which compared President Chen Shui-bian to the German dictator, Adolf Hitler.

Hitler’s picture appeared in a series of newspaper advertisements for the Kuomintang-led opposition. [/quote]

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3504580.stm

Taiwan opposition pulls Hitler ads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote]It was not the first incident in Taiwan involving Nazi imagery and Taiwan officials have acknowledged a lack of sensitivity and knowledge on the island over the Holocaust.

In 2001, Chen’s own Democratic Progressive Party withdrew a television commercial featuring film footage of Hitler.

A trendy Taiwan bistro with a prison camp theme had to remove pictures of Holocaust victims and other decor that had upset Jewish groups.

German and Israeli representatives in Taiwan also complained when a firm used a cartoon image of Hitler in advertisements promoting German space heaters.

The commercials were withdrawn.[/quote]

CNN calling Taiwan on lack of sensitivity and knowledge regarding the Holocaust. I remember the DPP ad, which is why i’m unclear why the KMT decided to use the same trick.

Why do they keep pushing it? Are they all bloody retarded?
Will international humiliation make them finally wise the hell up on this matter?

:noway:

My experience has been that people in both Taiwan and China just don’t get what Hitler means to people from Western countries. The usual attitude I get from them is that Hitler was a strong leader, and attacked other countries, so therefore he is a great man and deserves to be respected. News flash, kids, he didn’t win.
I was so angry once when arguing with my boyfriend in China that I gave him the following analogy. How would he like it if Western people came to China and started saying how wonderful Japan was, because such a small country, with a population one tenth of China’s, was able to invade and take over the country? That Hirohito - how like the sun; his generals - how like gods during the rape of Nanjing.
My boyfriend actually had tears in his eyes, and insisted that it wasn’t the same at all. Of course, it’s exactly the same, it’s just that if it’s not Chinese people dying, then they don’t really care.
As for ignorance about the Second World War, don’t even get me started. OK, one example: the other students in my Chinese class are all Japanese. One guy mentioned that his grandfather had died in the war. My Chinese teacher, who is not a young woman, by the way, actually asked him who the Japanese were fighting during World War 2. You mean it actually involved countries other than China and Japan?

Sounds familiar. Kind of like, “If it’s not Americans being attacked by terrorists, who the hell cares?”

I can certainly see the similarities between Chen and Hitler… :unamused:

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/taiwan.hitler.reut/index.html