KMT says A-Bian is Hitler/Osama/Saddam Hussein

Are you joking or are you really that ignorant? :noway: Hitler was a model politician? He got into power through the support of a bunch of thugs - he totally circumvented the democratic process through violence and intimidation.[/quote]
Whatever you want to say about him you cannot question his political acumen, though they were politics devoid of morality to be sure. Perhaps “model” was not the best choice of words though.[/quote]
What I objected to was the phrase “he got the German people to blindly accept his policies without alot of opposition”. That’s just not true. There WAS opposition. He quelled it with violence and intimidation.

The kind of quelling that Taiwan, too, was blighted by in the past, but which it has been largely free of since Lee Teng-hui’s good work began to hold sway, and completely free of during the past four years. However, those who are about to take up the baton of “leadership” (what an ill-fitting term that is in the circumstances!) were schooled in the old ways under the Chiang family dictatorship, and can be expected to revert to the same as soon as they have the apparatus of state power in their hands. What a dismal, dismal prospect for poor Taiwan, and a sad end to the brief flowering of its democracy. :cry:

[quote=“Maoman”]
What I objected to was the phrase “he got the German people to blindly accept his policies without alot of opposition”. That’s just not true. There WAS opposition. He quelled it with violence and intimidation.[/quote]

Point taken.

Guys, as the laws in most countries state, ignorance is no excuse, but western companies also make errors of judgement, it is not that many years ago one of the major drug / chemical companies had to rename one of their products as it was found out to be the same name as one the the chemicals used in the camps, think it was Zynitol or something similar, peoples memories these days do not necessarily go that far back anymore.

I do agree though, that for someone with a foreign PhD that it is inexcusable, my comments were more relating to the general public perception issue than one or two individuals.

I doubt Lien or Soong even saw the ad before it was printed. People can’t be that dumb. But this is Taiwan…

This is not a case of poor judgement or being ignorant of world history. The KMT doesn’t give a damn what foreigners think. By linking an image of Hitler to CSB they have energize their core supporters to get out the vote. Guess what? It has worked. To my mind, this ad is the turning point in the campaign and just might put the blues over the top. Let’s not forget that this is the same party that held the “Missing You CCK” celebration. Hmm, I wonder if they invited Henry Liu’s widow to that event?

liensoongpigs.tripod.com/

~yawn~ :snore:

~yawn~ :snore:[/quote]

Maybe americalovesabian.tripod.com/ will tickle ya in a better place!

~yawn~ :snore:[/quote]
Maybe americalovesabian.tripod.com/ will tickle ya in a better place![/quote]
No, that’s equally stupid and :offtopic:

i stumbled over an article which refers to a KMT-ad in a last weeks paper.
apparently KMT directly compared chen shui biens “dictatorship” with that of hitler, but read for yourself, its disgusting:
channelnewsasia.com/stories/ … 07/1/.html
has anyone seen the ad or knows where or how to find it?
i checked with taipei times who informed me it must have appeared on china times or the united daily. a fullpage ad that is. with pictures.
i’d really like to see this act of sheer stupidity! anyone?

I just got home and found the most disgusting ad I have ever seen.

One one side, Osama bin Laden is saying, “I am Osama bin Laden. I most admire Taiwan’s a-Bien.” That same side has images of the 9/11 attacks in New York. The other side has Hussein saying, “I am Hussein. You should all listen to me!” THis was apparently put out by the Lien-Soong Taichung Campaign headquarters!

Dispicable!!! Anyone who lives in the Taichung area want to go to their campaign headquarters to protest these guys???

This is over the line, WAY over it!

OK, but why start a thread just for this when there are half a dozen election-related threads to choose from?

Are you sure this was put out by the Lien-Soong Taichung (Taizhong) Campaign headquarters? If so try to get this information out FAST, as in TODAY. Contact the Taipei Times, CNN, whoever you can think of. I fully agree this is deplorable and is just like the Hitler ad last week. This one would stir up much more of a fracus if it is official.

I wish I was in Taichung, I would join you.

Please post scans.

Any update on this Ludahai?

I have sent emails to the Taipei Times and I have just sent an email in Chinese to the Liberty Times. Unfortunately, as my scanner is not working, I can’t get any scans for y’all to see!

[edit] I just found their fax number. I am attempting to send a fax now!

[quote=“Interlocutor”]Are you sure this was put out by the Lien-Soong Taichung (Taizhong) (Taizhong) Campaign headquarters? If so try to get this information out FAST, as in TODAY. Contact the Taipei Times, CNN, whoever you can think of. I fully agree this is deplorable and is just like the Hitler ad last week. This one would stir up much more of a fracus if it is official.

I wish I was in Taichung (Taizhong), I would join you.[/quote]

That is what it says on the flyer, and it is completely consistant with other flyers and ads they have put out in the past. This is not the first flyer with bin Laden’s photo on it released here in Taichung!

liensoongpigs.tripod.com/

:spam: