KMT typhoon ignorance

Once again, not a single refutation of the facts presented. :laughing:

[quote=“Toe Save”][quote=“ludahai”][quote=“sandman”]They’ve shown exactly the same leadership qualities as their predecessors. Which is hardly surprising, as they’re cut from exactly the same mediocre cloth.
What IS surprising is that you seem to be able to distinguish the KMT shitebirds from the DPP shitebirds. I certainly cannot. They’re one and the same – venal, grasping, slimy, dishonest, corrupt, amoral fuckbuckets.[/quote]

Add violent to the KMT list. The DPP are not saints, but they are a damn sight better than the KMT. At least you don’t see the DPP using Nazi/Hitler or 911/Osama imagry in their advertisements. You don’t see the DPP returning people convicted of violent election related violence to the Legislative Yuan, and you don’t see the DPP trashing the CEC office because they lost an election, do you? Cut from the same cloth - whatever.[/quote]

Wow. All of these allegations seem very damning. Could you back them up with links? I’d love to see the imagery you write of.[/quote]

Dug up this old thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ght=Hitler

Read and enjoy.

This is great! Keep it up!

This is great! Keep it up![/quote]

That is what I get for trying to multi-task. Still, no refutation of the truth presented. I love Bluebots.

Once again, not a single refutation of the facts presented. :laughing:[/quote]
What “facts” are these, then? As far as I can tell, you’re pretty much following the “DPP are bad, but not as bad as the KMT” line. My GOD, but that’s staunch praise indeed! :laughing:
I don’t split hairs in that manner, kid. They’re fucked-up sleazy shitebags, each and every one of them, out only for what they can get. You say one lot doesn’t smell quite so strongly of shite as the other lot. I say “keep the hell away from me, you stinking foetids, the whole damn lot of you.”

Once again, not a single refutation of the facts presented. :laughing:[/quote]
What “facts” are these, then? As far as I can tell, you’re pretty much following the “DPP are bad, but not as bad as the KMT” line. My GOD, but that’s staunch praise indeed! :laughing:
I don’t split hairs in that manner, kid. They’re fucked-up sleazy shitebags, each and every one of them, out only for what they can get. You say one lot doesn’t smell quite so strongly of shite as the other lot. I say “keep the hell away from me, you stinking foetids, the whole damn lot of you.”[/quote]

DPP is a heck of a lot better than the KMT. I said the DPP are not angels, but please tell me who IS in politics ANYWHERE! I would rather have the DPP in power than the KMT. The DPP has NEVER BEEN in power here in Taiwan due to the rules put in place in the KMT in addition to their continued hoarding of the stolen assets. If you can honestly defend the KMT’s performance, do it. Otherwise, admit that I am right about the KMT and their lousy performance. Remember, unlike the DPP, the KMT has complete control over both the Legislative and Executive branches of government. THEY are the government we have, and if they screw up, I am going to point it out. If the DPP comes and takes over in four years and screw up, I will expect you to duly comment on it.

NO WAY! You’re shitting me, right?

[quote=“ludahai”][quote=“Toe Save”][quote=“ludahai”][quote=“sandman”]They’ve shown exactly the same leadership qualities as their predecessors. Which is hardly surprising, as they’re cut from exactly the same mediocre cloth.
What IS surprising is that you seem to be able to distinguish the KMT shitebirds from the DPP shitebirds. I certainly cannot. They’re one and the same – venal, grasping, slimy, dishonest, corrupt, amoral fuckbuckets.[/quote]

Add violent to the KMT list. The DPP are not saints, but they are a damn sight better than the KMT. At least you don’t see the DPP using Nazi/Hitler or 911/Osama imagry in their advertisements. You don’t see the DPP returning people convicted of violent election related violence to the Legislative Yuan, and you don’t see the DPP trashing the CEC office because they lost an election, do you? Cut from the same cloth - whatever.[/quote]

Wow. All of these allegations seem very damning. Could you back them up with links? I’d love to see the imagery you write of.[/quote]

Dug up this old thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ght=Hitler

Read and enjoy.[/quote]

Thanks. FWIW, I only had to read the first page to see that both camps are guilty of these gaffs. I have to ask: By you so pointedly directing your ire blueway, are you not committing the same egregious act? Aren’t your polarized accusations exactly the same, albeit on a smaller scale, as what the big boys at the end of Ketagalen are doing?

Sorry, but I have to agree with the others when they more fairly distribute the assininniness to both sides of the (a)isle. The longer I live here, the more I realize that no one here cares for anything but their own. To find a truly philanthropic politician would harder than ordering a frozen daiquiri in hell. It’s all about the fishes and the satellite dishes.

What does this mean exactly?

Yes dear, you’re right. Pass the sangria please.

Well, one thing the new government did that was more enlightened than ignorant was that they took some care to keep people away from the beaches while the typhoon was happening. I tried to get down to Salun beach in Danshui to see the waves but was prevented by coast guard guys. Now, I am pretty well educated and experienced with beaches and the ocean, and I am a strong swimmer, so I would have been in no danger. But those less sea savvy might have taken foolish risks and been drowned by rogue waves. I think this was a good move and shows a positive approach.

Another point is about this thread in general. It’s pretty pathetic that you make a political point about the KMT based on these kind of verbal mistakes by a few of their number. You should target the individuals. There’s not enough examples of mismanagement yet to attack the whole party.

BJ, they always prevent people from going to the beaches. Just like they close the national parks and all the major trails to high mountains.

It seemed more thorough this time, and I read an article to that effect, but it may just have been business as usual and a “pat on the back” piece. They had guards posted at every entrance to Salun, and coast guard guys patrolling the beach.

Of course it was more thorough this time as the government was so heavily criticized for the last typhoon which was not even a few weeks earlier. Vigilance in response to a temporary public outcry is all this is. Do you really expect this will last for the entire term of horsey?

Do you plan on running on the beach and swimming against the rip tide during the next typhoon to make your point?

NO WAY! You’re shitting me, right?[/quote]

Looking at the way the KMT is screwing up with absolute power, YES!

What does this mean exactly?[/quote]

Exactly what I saw. While the DPP elected a president, the Legislative Yuan was always controlled by the Blues. As anyone who knows anything about Taiwan’s constitutional structure knows, the President is constitutionally very weak in Taiwan compared to other Presidential Democracies.

I think we can both agree that this would NOT be the most advisable course of action.

I found this quote from the China Post interesting:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati … -local.htm

[quote]
Meanwhile, KMT Lawmaker Huang Chien-ting, elected from the eastern county of Taitung, also defended Magistrate Kwang Li-chen from criticisms, saying that as there was no major disaster caused by Typhoon Fung-Wong, one can hardly criticize Kwang as having committed dereliction of duty as a county magistrate.
[/quote]
Following on the tradition of its only illegal if you get caught doing it

NO WAY! You’re shitting me, right?[/quote]

Looking at the way the KMT is screwing up with absolute power, YES![/quote]
I knew I should have used the sarcasm smiley face. :laughing: