KMT typhoon ignorance

What does this mean exactly?[/quote]

Exactly what I saw. While the DPP elected a president, the Legislative Yuan was always controlled by the Blues. As anyone who knows anything about Taiwan’s constitutional structure knows, the President is constitutionally very weak in Taiwan compared to other Presidential Democracies.[/quote]
Or perhaps the ROC system check and balances are preventing TI extremist from changing Status Quo, because it reflects the sentiments of the population, who for the most part support neither extremes of unification or independence.

[quote=“TNT”]I found this quote from the China Post interesting:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati … -local.htm

[quote]
Meanwhile, KMT Lawmaker Huang Chien-ting, elected from the eastern county of Taidong, also defended Magistrate Kwang Li-chen from criticisms, saying that as there was no major disaster caused by Typhoon Fung-Wong, one can hardly criticize Kwang as having committed dereliction of duty as a county magistrate.
[/quote]
Following on the tradition of its only illegal if you get caught doing it[/quote]

All this while she is taking a leisure trip in Europe at our expense.

What does this mean exactly?[/quote]

Exactly what I saw. While the DPP elected a president, the Legislative Yuan was always controlled by the Blues. As anyone who knows anything about Taiwan’s constitutional structure knows, the President is constitutionally very weak in Taiwan compared to other Presidential Democracies.[/quote]
Or perhaps the ROC system check and balances are preventing TI extremist from changing Status Quo, because it reflects the sentiments of the population, who for the most part support neither extremes of unification or independence.[/quote]

Checks and Balances. You make it sound like it is akin to the system in the UNited States. Who is able to check the criminal KMT legislature? Certainly not the President who does not have nearly the power that a president would have in most other presidential democracies. Ma is going to face the same problem if he doesn’t tow the party line.

[i]“Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm
At least you don’t see the DPP using Nazi/Hitler …”
[/i]

I invoke Godwins Law on this thread.

“Godwin’s Law is often cited in online discussions as a caution against the use of inflammatory rhetoric or exaggerated comparisons, and is often conflated with fallacious arguments of the reductio ad Hitlerum form.”

:laughing: “As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.” That’s pretty funny, TC. Never heard that one before

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][i]“Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm
[/i]

“Godwin’s Law is often cited in online discussions as a caution against the use of inflammatory rhetoric or exaggerated comparisons, and is often conflated with fallacious arguments of the reductio ad Hitlerum form.”[/quote]

Funny, but remember, this time it was based on the real instance of the KMT using Hitler, bin Laden, and Hussein in their anti-Chen ads four years ago.

[quote=“ludahai”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][i]“Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm
[/i]

“Godwin’s Law is often cited in online discussions as a caution against the use of inflammatory rhetoric or exaggerated comparisons, and is often conflated with fallacious arguments of the reductio ad Hitlerum form.”[/quote]

Funny, but remember, this time it was based on the real instance of the KMT using Hitler, bin Laden, and Hussein in their anti-Chen ads four years ago.[/quote]

Hmmm , remember this

[quote]Taiwan’s Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) has chosen a rather strange new icon in its campaign for the youth vote in legislative elections this December - Adolf Hitler.[/quote] atimes.com/china/CG19Ad04.html

Oh Mick, you big spoilsport. But you forget that the DPP obviously just did it because the KMT did it and so must be held as blameless.

He he ! No doubt they will both be doing it again too.

He he ! No doubt they will both be doing it again too.[/quote]
Not the DPP. They’re good. The KMT will because they’re evil.

[quote=“TNT”]I found this quote from the China Post interesting:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati … -local.htm

[quote]
Meanwhile, KMT Lawmaker Huang Chien-ting, elected from the eastern county of Taidong, also defended Magistrate Kwang Li-chen from criticisms, saying that as there was no major disaster caused by Typhoon Fung-Wong, one can hardly criticize Kwang as having committed dereliction of duty as a county magistrate.
[/quote]
Following on the tradition of its only illegal if you get caught doing it[/quote]

Ah, our beloved magistrate, endorsed by our dear leader Mr. Ma,
elected to fill out her husband’s term while he sits in jail for corruption, who has taken eight “fact-finding” trips overseas in her two years as county leader, and has two more booked in the next three months.

Thank you, KMT, for restoring honesty to the Taiwan political process.

Taidong- the Alabama of Taiwan.

[quote=“Mick”][quote=“ludahai”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][i]“Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm
[/i]

Funny, but remember, this time it was based on the real instance of the KMT using Hitler, bin Laden, and Hussein in their anti-Chen ads four years ago.[/quote]

Hmmm , remember this

Distasteful to be sure, but how was it used compared to what the KMT did?

He he ! No doubt they will both be doing it again too.[/quote]
Not the DPP. They’re good. The KMT will because they’re evil.[/quote]

Doubtful either of them will, because although the KMT may be evil, they are not electorally stupid.

Also, when one reads that article, the tone is hardly that of a neutral observer. I would actually like to see the context of how it was used rather than take the word of a poorly written, clearly biased article.

[quote=“MikeN”]
Thank you, KMT, for restoring honesty to the Taiwan political process.

Taidong- the Alabama of Taiwan.[/quote]

While our mayor was in the Marshall Islands enjoying the sun while we were getting whipped by the typhoon.

[quote=“ludahai”][quote=“Mick”][quote=“ludahai”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][i]“Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 pm
[/i]

Hmmm , remember this

Distasteful to be sure, but how was it used compared to what the KMT did?[/quote]

I’m confused, first in order to establish an argument, one of the claims you made was,

But now we see the DPP did just that. You were wrong, and were making erroneous claims, lets leave it at that.

No no, please continue – its very funny watching him twist in the wind. Of course, maybe he’s just pointing out yet another of the DPPs fantastic qualities – the subtle art of nuance. There’s Hitler, and then there’s Hitler, don’t you see?

I’m still slightly confused. Are we claiming that the KMT are not experts in typhoons and weather prediction? Or are we claiming the KMT didn’t manage the typhoon properly?

I just want to know how it was used, is that too much to ask? All we see is a very poorly written news article with no links or evidence of what we are talking about. It certainly doens’t seem to be any ATTACK like the ads I am referencing. I simply want to see what the fuss is all about, THEN make a judgement about it. Is that TRULY too much to ask?

The claim is an abrogation of leadership by blaming the CWB when no blame rests with them.

I just want to know how it was used, is that too much to ask? All we see is a very poorly written news article with no links or evidence of what we are talking about. It certainly doens’t seem to be any ATTACK like the ads I am referencing. I simply want to see what the fuss is all about, THEN make a judgement about it. Is that TRULY too much to ask?[/quote]

My god, a poorly written piece of garbage with no links or evidence, I think I know what you mean.