KMT upgrade plan blatently political

[quote=“sandman”]Man, ludahai, the man just be puttin’ DA PEEPLE down! Man! ANY MEANS NECCESSARY! Remember Malcolm X.
EVERYBODY wants this. Its a GOOD thing, as the DPP knew when they tried and failed, on account of they were a bunch of no-good no-hoper corrupt dickwads. Live with it!
SIT AT THE FRONT OF THE BUS![/quote]

Nope - they failed because of the “boycott everything” KMT-controlled LEgislative Yuan.

Of course, Bluebots are not concerned that the extension of Mayor Hu’s term may be unconstitutional and/or illegal and of course, Bluebots think it is GOOD that their loser magistrate gets another year in office instead of facing a thrashing at the hands of the DPP’s Su.

Of course, you ignore this. You also ignore the fact that this will result in LESS funds going to agricultural areas in the center and south. OF course, those are green-leaning areas, so that is ok in your book. Your posts are only more evidence of the blatent politics being played by the Blues and their Bluebot supporters.

That’s ok. The China Post made the same error.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati … estion.htm

If the Cabinet approves the committee’s decision, Chen, Chou and Taichung Mayor Jason Hu will have their tenures prolonged for another year until the heads of the newly formed special municipalities are elected in late 2010.

It depends on how the law is written, something that I will ask a friend of mine who works in the Judicial Yuan when I see her this evening.

God it’s boring isn’t it?

No wonder they can’t even organise collecting the bins.

Makes Northern Ireland politics look like a model of pragmatism.

Lord Lucan, you’re just jealous that you’re not a bluebot.
Ludahai, you should know by now that I hold both the greens, the blues, the reds, the purples, and whatever other colours these stupid benighted dunderheads have in place of actual real leading of the ship of state, in equal utter, utter contempt – a bunch of fucking dimwitted peasants desperately trying and failing to look like yer actual thinking people.
But in this case, I see an issue that has been striven for by BOTH sides of the “political” (HA! HA! HA!) fence for the longest of times. Now that it appears to be coming to fruition, the losers are doing a silly wee “boo hoo! It’s just NOT FAIR!” rigmarole. Bunch of complete dickheads.
Standard “politics” on this stupid little island, in other words. No wonder Taiwan is such a laughing stock – when people even know what it IS, of course.

Yes much better.

[quote]
And it isn’t A-Bian’s “horrible” Pinyin nor is Tongyong all that terrible.[/quote]

Tongyong is all that terrible, and A-Bian most certainly did promote it.

[quote=“sandman”]Lord Lucan, you’re just jealous that you’re not a bluebot.
Ludahai, you should know by now that I hold both the greens, the blues, the reds, the purples, and whatever other colours these stupid benighted dunderheads have in place of actual real leading of the ship of state, in equal utter, utter contempt – a bunch of fucking dimwitted peasants desperately trying and failing to look like yer actual thinking people. [/quote]

If you hold the people of this country in such contempt, why the %^@ are you here?

You can support the concept of something yet be against how something is carried out. I have long supported and strongly spoken in favor of a systematic adminstrative re-organization of the country. However, this is NOT the way to do it. Doing it in a way that blatently helps your party in electoral politics is NOT the way to go. That you can’t see that is evidence that either you are biased or blind to what is going on here.

Once again, if this is how you feel about the people and politics of this country, why the h%$l are you here? Actually, there is a lot to commend Taiwan in the political arena over the past two decades. It has had two transfer of powers in highly transparent, free, and fair elections. For a young democracy, that isn’t that bad. It is doing better in that regard than a number of longer-established “democratic”/“democratic republics”.

[quote=“Mawvellous”][quote=“ludahai”]
And Xinbei is any better?
[/quote]

Yes much better.[/quote]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

[quote]
And it isn’t A-Bian’s “horrible” Pinyin nor is Tongyong all that terrible.[/quote]

Tongyong is all that terrible, and A-Bian most certainly did promote it.[/quote]

He did promote, but that wasn’t your original statement, was it?

[quote=“ludahai”]

Of course, you ignore this. You also ignore the fact that this will result in LESS funds going to agricultural areas in the center and south. [/quote]

How about Taoyuan, Jilong, Xinzhu, Yilan, Hualian, Miaoli, Nantou, and Taidong which all lean blue-they will not benefit either.

Taizhong county which sometimes votes green, and Gaoxiong county which is very green will benefit.

edit: Xinbei City will also probably vote out Zhou Xiwei at the next election, so the new a new DPP mayor will also benefit from the change.

The DPP would have done the very same thing if they could have. For that matter, pretty much every political party in every democratic country in the world would do the same.

Sandman is right - the politicians of this country, no matter what party, are beyond pathetic.

Money. Family. Easy life.
You also seem to have the misguided notion that normal people born and bred here don’t share my views of the three-ring circus that passes for “politics” here. WRONG, yet again. Daft money-grubbing arseholes is what these people are. Completely and utterly amoral and apolitical, out ONLY for what they can grab to line their pockets. And the people that actually believe one side is any better than the other? Sorry, I’d better stop there before you gulp too much air. Take a deep breath, ludahai. Swallowing air like that only makes you fart in the elevator and contrary to what you might think, it doesn’t matter if you stare at the ceiling, whistle, or pretend to read important text messages on your phone, the others KNOW its you that dealt it. And you KNOW they’re thinking to themsleves: “Damn greenies! Can’t even control their own bowels!”
Dude, I’ve lived here for most of my adult life. My social circle is huge, including rice farmers, taxi drivers and media workers, up to upper-mid-level government officials. My views on Taiwanese politics are formed largely on the basis of the opinions of these people, ALL of whom are Taiwanese. So you can jump off your high horse of silly irrelevant nonsense about “loving Taiwan enough” or whatever it is you’re trying to imply. It doesn’t wash. Not with me, not with the thinking people who’ve lived all their lives here, either.

Yep, why not talk about the “Cing” dynasty while we are at it.
Tongyong pinyin is shit.

[quote]
He did promote, but that wasn’t your original statement, was it?[/quote]

Maybe Yu Bo-cyuan could use it to spell his own name. It is Chen Shuei-bian’s bastard tongyong pinyin, because without his support it would have been dead at birth.

Of course, you ignore this. You also ignore the fact that this will result in LESS funds going to agricultural areas in the center and south. [/quote]

How about Taoyuan, Jilong, Xinzhu, Yilan, Hualian, Miaoli, Nantou, and Taidong which all lean blue-they will not benefit either.[/quote]

Other than Taoyuan, did any of the others apply for the upgrade?

But Taichung County (quite possibly without Heping Township) will be balanced out voting wise by Taichung City, which is blue, especially in the northern parts of the city. It will make it harder for the DPP to win here in the future. It still gives Hu a ninth year in office.

But it will give him one more year than he otherwise would have had.

[quote=“cfimages”]
The DPP would have done the very same thing if they could have. For that matter, pretty much every political party in every democratic country in the world would do the same.

Sandman is right - the politicians of this country, no matter what party, are beyond pathetic.[/quote]

Would have - could have. Rubbish. DID the DPP engineer something like this? this KMT maneouver smacks of the same dirty partisanship the Georgia Democrats engaged in in 2001 when they redistricted the state’s Congressional districts.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
[/quote]

Yep, why not talk about the “Cing” dynasty while we are at it.
Tongyong Pinyin is shit.[/quote]

And spelling it with a “Q” is somehow better? :roflmao:

[quote][quote]

Maybe Yu Bo-cyuan could use it to spell his own name. It is Chen Shuei-bian’s bastard tongyong Pinyin, because without his support it would have been dead at birth.[/quote]

You know as well as I that most Taiwanese use the modified form of Wade-Giles that has been in use here for six decades.

Yes much better. Anyone who has read about Chinese history in English will recognize the word “Qing”, they probably won’t have a clue what “Cing” is.
Tongyong pinyin is not fit for purpose, Hanyu was perfectly adequate. Virtually no foreigners support tongyong, not even the pan-green supporters on this board.

[quote][quote]

Maybe Yu Bo-cyuan could use it to spell his own name. It is Chen Shuei-bian’s bastard tongyong Pinyin, because without his support it would have been dead at birth.[/quote]

You know as well as I that most Taiwanese use the modified form of Wade-Giles that has been in use here for six decades.[/quote]

The “modified” Wade-Giles would be Yu Po-chuan right?
But he spells it Yu Bor-chuan, must be some kind of random spelling. Using a common romanisation system would eliminate these kinds of inconsistencies.

[quote=“ludahai”][quote=“cfimages”]

Sandman is right - the politicians of this country, no matter what party, are beyond pathetic.[/quote]

Would have - could have. Rubbish. DID the DPP engineer something like this? [/quote]
Yes. But no matter. As always, the argument, such that it is, which isn’t much, has once again degenerated into a wankfest about how to fucking spell, for chrissakes.
A bunch of fucking inept clowns, no matter what colour of baggy pants they’re wearing. Taiwanese politics is an absolute fucking JOKE. Anyone taking it even remotely seriously needs their heads seeing to.
Make money, and let the loudmouthed ignorant arseholes who want to be on the evening news do their THANG. But never for even a second imagine that these pricks in ANY shape or form represent ANYTHING other than the desire to screw their taxpaying counterparts out of their hard-earned money.These are the views of an average Taiwanese.

Sandman, the DPP has never done anything that only benefits themselves, if you really loved Taiwan you would know this.

NO! NO! NO! It’s the KMT! THEY’RE the ones! THEY’RE the bad guys! The DPP would have made Taiwan into the new Paris of the east if only they’d had their way! Chen Shui-bian would be wearing a beret and goatee with Taiwanese characteristics had it not been for those pesky KMT-ers!
You… you… you… TAIWAN-HATER!

Who else applied?

But of the DPP places that applied, only Tainan had a serious case. Or are you seriously suggesting that Zhanghua and Yunlin should have been upgraded?
So far the 4 biggest cities/counties have been upgraded: Taipei City, Taipei Country, Gaoxiong City/Country, Taizhong City/County. The decision on the fifth largest (Tainan City/ County) has been deferred. What exactly is “unfair”.
Zhanghua/Yunlin metropolis should have been recognized? :roflmao:

Yes but merging Gaoxiong City and Country will make it almost impossible for the KMT to win there. The DPP should still have a chance in Taizhong if they get their shit together (still looking unlikely). Out of the 4 upgraded municipalities, only Taipei City looks unattainable for them.

So what, he will probably still loose. The KMT’s only hope is probably to find another candidate. They know that the chance of the DPP controlling Taipei County in the future is very high, but they still upgraded
The one extra year is necessary to bring the election dates into line, or do you think the government should go to the trouble and expense to hold supplementary elections? I’m sure the DPP would have done exactly the same thing.

[quote=“Mawvellous”] Or are you seriously suggesting that Zhanghua and Yunlin should have been upgraded?
So far the 4 biggest cities/counties have been upgraded: Taipei City, Taipei Country, Gaoxiong City/Country, Taizhong City/County. The decision on the fifth largest (Tainan City/ County) has been deferred. What exactly is “unfair”.
Zhanghua/Yunlin metropolis should have been recognized? :roflmao:

[/quote]

Actually Zhanghua’s case is not so out there. Yuanlin (the town in Zhanghua not the county, Yunlin) is the biggest town in Taiwan and is not that far short of having the population numbers to become a city on its own - it has almost as many as both Hualien and Taidong. It’d make more sense to merge it with Zhanghua city though - together they’d be about the same as Hsinchu.