Know The Secret To Men? - Getting A Man Hooked For Good

This title came up in my gmail account. It seems very scary. Not keen on being hooked like a fish then held in prison for good.

Is this really how women think?

[quote]

You just made this up, didn’t you?! :laughing:

IM -
This might come in very handy in prison.

Of course, not that you need to worry about going there.

No. I’d have published it on the net and probably made a forturne off it if I’d made it up like some slick marketing types must have done.

Nah dude, not all chicks are THAT psyco… :laughing:

Its obviously fraudulent…only 5 things that annoy men?

Let’s have them! Oh, this should be fun! :slight_smile:

Then we can compare it to our list of Annoying Things That Men Do that we have as a sticky in WF.

I hate those kind of books. Crap.

I saw a Taiwanese woman in Starbucks yesterday reading (in English) “Why Men Lie, and Women Cry.”

I think a lot of these books generate hatred of the male species. People think too much at times. :wink:

What are you talking about? They’re great! I’ve conducted ALL my relationships according to self-help books and Oprah.

It’s worked great for me :slight_smile:

Sometimes I spend whole days in Self-help sections of bookstores, I don’t even have time to date.

Currently I’m reading: “You’re stupid enough to buy this book? We’ll get you a date in no time!”

I don’t know why people buy most of these self-help books. I am sure some of them are indeed helpful. But, a lot of these books are good 100 percent horseshit and are about as helpful as going to a palm reader or talking with an astrologer.

That dude who wrote “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus” – lived as a monk for a decade, has been celibate for long periods, and got his degree from a unaccredited uni.

Dr. Phil, who couches people on losing weight, looks like a middle-aged couch potato with anger management issues.

What a load of crock.

My favourite is the one called something like
How to tell when he’s not that into you

Some of my female friends got it for Xmas last year and it was unbelievable. It had stuff like…

So you think he might like you, and he says he’ll call but instead you find out that he was boning your two best friends and your sister while you stayed home watching Oprah…he probably isn’t that into you.

Seriously every guy I know that has seen the contents can’t believe that it takes a book to spell this stuff out. Its like having a book called “How to tell when the dinner is burned” with chapters like, “Theres a strong smell of burning”, “your husband won’t eat it because its all black and tastes funny”, etc etc.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]My favourite is the one called something like
How to tell when he’s not that into you.[/quote]
Oh, yeah. That book is the bible. I’ve broken with at least TWO boyfriends and ONE husband thanks to that one.

Laugh all you want, but women don’t know this stuff until someone spells it out for them.

It’s like when we (women) say “It took you 4 months to put up that shelf in the kitchen?! It’s just a simple shelf!” We can’t believe it takes that much preparation, planning, execution, re-doing it, buying new power-tools, etc.

Dr. Phil actually does not hold a degree in Psychological Therapy/Counseling. He is a neurobiologist, a completely different field altogether than what you see he deals with on his show. Think about that next time you see him spilling his advice…

[quote=“Chewycorns”]

That dude who wrote “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus” – lived as a monk for a decade, has been celibate for long periods, and got his degree from a unaccredited uni.[/quote]

Yea and there’s more irony about him, his ex wife came out with a similar themed book.

Personally, I find this whole issue of trying to ‘understand’ or ‘know’ the other sex ludicrous in the extreme. When to think our understanding of the brain is infantile at best. Factor in a whole different set of manuals of wiring, lots of different hormones, and a whole socio-cultural mileu of role models, stereotypes, and approaches to child-rearing… and you’ve got one fine kettle of fish that looks like the dog’s breakfast…

Ah, the mixed metaphor that is male/female relations…

Call me old-fashioned, but I thought that getting a man hooked for good was as simple as getting knocked up. Does it need to be anymore complicated than that?

Disclaimer: jk guys!

[quote=“Erhu”]Call me old-fashioned, but I thought that getting a man hooked for good was as simple as getting knocked up. Does it need to be anymore complicated than that?

[/quote]

there ain’t nothin’ like a good old-fashioned shotgun weddin’…

Thousands of 13 year olds in the UK have found this not to be true, but they don’t care because they get a free house and money every week to buy ganja with… :laughing:

[quote=“Indiana”][quote=“Erhu”]Call me old-fashioned, but I thought that getting a man hooked for good was as simple as getting knocked up. Does it need to be anymore complicated than that?

[/quote]

there ain’t nothin’ like a good old-fashioned shotgun weddin’…[/quote]

Ah…brings back memories of my brother’s own wedding while my sister-in-law was 6 months (and visibly) pregnant. They had an outdoor barbecue for the reception…and they were married in Tennessee to boot. :wink: But they had been together for seven years before they tied the knot.

How to hook a guy? If it were as simple as reading a book, I would have accomplished it back in elementary school. Something tells me there’s a little bit more to it, though… :ponder:

While I’m not a big fan of Dr. Phil, I think your information is incorrect, nolza.

“He earned his Master’s degree at University of North Texas in experimental psychology and a Doctorate in clinical psychology in 1979.”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Phil

Whatever else he may be, Dr. Phil is definitely not a “neurobiologist.”