KTV fire kills 5+ in Taipei

Heard some TV updates, very sad news indeed. Seems in Taipei other like businesses will be shut down for now. Seems fire started from renovations (construction) work being done at the time.

I’m curious. Who will be liable for the damage? The interior designers, renovation workers, the people who hired them, or all of the above?

2 Likes

I know it’s not relevant to the tragic event, but I find it bizarre that anyone feels inclined to belt out karaoke songs at 11 a.m. on a Sunday morning.

2 Likes

Mostly people still out from Saturday night.

3 Likes

Yes them and others too. It seems the fire alarm was not on. So it will be interesting to see at end how they figure this out.

I saw this reported as well. I was thinking that it’s to allow people to smoke inside? Just a guess. Why else would they turn them off? The reports seems to suggest the ktv turned them off

Edit. Add quote

“The fire alarm and sprinkler system was turned off at the time of the fire, and firefighters suspect that the operators of the KTV or the construction personnel had turned off the system.”
From

Just saw @BiggusDickus said the same thing on the other thread

Another reason to stay away from KTVs if the virus wasn’t enough…

"The fire alarm and sprinkler system was turned off at the time of the fire, and firefighters suspect that the operators of the KTV or the construction personnel had turned off the system.

Wang zheng-xiong ( 王正雄 ) of the Taipei City Fire Department said that the fire equipment including smoke exhaust system, sprinkler system, alarms and internal broadcasting system had all been shut down."

1 Like

Yes. Kind of wack took a picture 30 minutes before a fire.

Some were probably passed out or sleeping.

Partyworld
No. 312, Linsen N Rd, Zhongshan District, Taipei

I used to play a game with my buxiban students, it was called KTV and the objective of the game was to escape from a fire. :sunglasses:
I don’t know where I learned it , it’s just one of those waco things I picked up here.

2 Likes

That is freaky as fuck.

Why TF you want go to a KTV at 11:00 AM?

1 Like

Alarms and sprinkler systems are just health and safety gone mad.

FFS!

1 Like

Drugs?

1 Like

People being allowed to smoke illegally kept setting the alarms off, so it was more convenient to switch it off.

Any other bets?

8 Likes

It’s open 24h so why not? I don’t want to go there at 11am or 11pm for that matter

1 Like

Were KTVs not supposed to be closed down ?
How are they still operating ? The microphones and small rooms and act of singing are a covid spreading nightmare.

1 Like

My neighbour told me they had some work done on their elevators (I might be wrong) the workers turned the alarm off before doing welding. Don’t know if this is partly correct or not.

Wasn’t that only the gentleman clubs? This was a partyworld outlet.

2 Likes

I see. They should not be open IMHO as they are a virus spreading nightmare but money talks I guess .