KTV fire kills 5+ in Taipei

Agree! I think the argument is, that they are family friendly places and the people going there will meet together other places anyway.

What’s the difference?

At gentleman’s clubs you can pay a girl to sing in your hard “microphone”.

3 Likes

Still going party from Saturday night.

It’s the red light and party district.

1 Like

Social distancing parties!

Cheaper rates I suppose

3 Likes

Taiwan UP! So many fails. KTV’s are supposed to be shut down, not supposed to be construction on a Sunday, alarms and detectors turned off…Taiwan really lets itself down sometimes. So many rules, so many ignored.

Strange game, but with it seems past fires a common worry.

Yes it was from the spate of fires in the 90s. Imagine snakes and ladders but with the fire as the snake and the ladder as the escape. The exit is where you win. As you progress around the board the fire expands.

1 Like

And on Linsen North Rd, no less.

5 unnecessary deaths. The KTV shutdown the alarm and the sprinklers.

1 Like

Thread on this already

Darn, I liked my title better.

1 Like

oh no , Taiwan has drugs , but it is so safe here there is no crime :wink:

Lunch and snacks included. Lower rates mostly.

There are two people who will probably live on the rest of their lives in comas or worse, as their heartbeat stopped and they have inhalation smoke chocked lungs, meaning brain was oxygen deprived…

Actual reason behind will be always the curiosity. We can never run thinking there will no accidents or incidents coz it never happened yesterday! Biggest mistake we all normally do as an individual or entrepreneurs.
It’s really sad news to hear about this accident where the life has been lost ! RIP to the departed soul and deepest Condolences to the family. And, speedy recovery to those who are under treatment.

1 Like

Follow up

A primary investigation found that the fire broke out in a storage room in the northwest corner of the building, and that the building’s five fire protection systems, including the smoke extraction system, had been turned off, which is why many people suffered smoke inhalation.

Ko said that he visited some of the injured people in three hospitals on Sunday evening: One was on life support in intensive care, while seven were on tracheal intubation.

1 Like

It’s such a usual suspects response isn’t it? Let’s wait for people to die and then do a safety inspection sans :red_gift_envelope:

9 Likes

Four of the six Cashbox Partyworld locations in Taipei failed the inspection on Monday (April 27) and were ordered to suspend operations immediately.

1 Like