Kymco Quannon

[quote=“MistaMike”]RK,
I was going to PM you, but it seems this might be relevant to some other peoples’ interests as well.

All of the Quannons I’ve seen on Ruten/Yahoo Auctions have been $68,000+. Do you have any pointers for finding one closer to the $50,000 mark you mentioned?
The oldest of these bikes are 2007, so I didn’t imagine I could find one that cheap at this point.

Also, I’ve checked out WRRP (wrrp.com.tw for those who are looking).
They list a few parts they make for the Quannon, but I didn’t see the loads of parts that you (and a couple of other people) have mentioned. Any idea where I could find them or buy them?

The minority of Quannon fans 'round here will appreciate the info. Thanks mate![/quote]

I have not seen any of them posted for that amount, it was just a cheap guess. I would think though you would be able to find some of the first gens for that cheap, but I could totally be wrong. I think there is a rider on my team that might want to sell his. I will ask him more about it. As for WRRP they will have anything you want for that bike. If you are looking for bolt-ons they make their own exhausts. They will have brake and suspension parts as well. WRRP would also be able to build up your engine too. I would trust them with Quannons because they have one of the fastest Quannons in Taiwan right now. Since you sound like you just are looking for a motorcycle to ride on the street for a daily commuter, you wont really need to do much to it. If you have extra cash and you feel like pumping some money into it, then I would do a nice rear RPM shock, a bigger Frando (Brembo if you have the money) caliper with a bigger disk and a stainless steel brake line. Get a WRRP exhaust, and maybe some nice rear sets. I wouldn’t even touch the engine if I was you. Yes I love the CBR 150cc, but I think the Quannon will suit you fine and you will enjoy riding it.

I’m pretty much in agreement with rk and the others. I own a CBR150, but if I had to replace it, I’d most likely go with a Quannon. The new Naked does look really good.

4 months to get fairings is a long time and not too heartening. J Motors (don’t know what it is in Chinese, but I can get a phone # if anyone needs it) is really the only place that sells CBR parts, and all I’ve had to get so far is a speedometer cable and footpeg rubbers. rk is right; there never were many sold, and there are very few aftermarket parts for them. The CBR150 was discontinued after 2007. Tires are also a bitch, unless you try to put on ones that don’t really fit the rims and the space behind the shock mount. Basically, the choices are Bridgestone BT39SS (less than 2000 km out of my last rear) or G558, which is a sport touring tire that seems to work fine for the little power the bike has (~20 HP). The CBR is not going to burn up the track anyway, but is a lot more reliable for what the OP seems to want to use it for than an NSR 150 :slight_smile:

There’s certainly nothing wrong with a Quannon. They are noticeably larger than the CBR, and they weigh 136 kg, compared to 115 for the CBR, with less power. But for Taiwanese roads and streets, I’m sure they’d be OK. I’d really like to ride one sometime, just to compare, but I don’t know any locals with anything other than scooters :bow:

I think the reason you can’t find a Quannon older than 2007 is that’s when they started making them. They weren’t available, as far as I knew, when I bought my CBR in Jan 2007, or else I would’ve looked at them, instead of just the KTR or the SYM Wolf (R or R2, whatever it’s called). One thing to note is that the earliest ones sold in Taiwan were 125cc (I think). The latest ones are FI 150cc. The parts availability would be a major consideration for me, and would definitely make the Kymco a good choice.

Looks like a new Quannon is around 95,000; They’ve come up in price; I thought they used to be about 85,000. Given the fact that locals don’t have much of a clue about maintaining real motorbikes, I’d go with a new one over used (seem to be asking around 70-75,000), but that’s me. I don’t think maintenance is a word in Chinese… Good luck with whatever you decide.

goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?11090710129484

goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?11091204214689

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction … 49?u=l9568

[quote=“rk1951”]
I have not seen any of them posted for that amount, it was just a cheap guess. I would think though you would be able to find some of the first gens for that cheap, but I could totally be wrong. I think there is a rider on my team that might want to sell his. I will ask him more about it. As for WRRP they will have anything you want for that bike. If you are looking for bolt-ons they make their own exhausts. They will have brake and suspension parts as well. WRRP would also be able to build up your engine too. I would trust them with Quannons because they have one of the fastest Quannons in Taiwan right now. Since you sound like you just are looking for a motorcycle to ride on the street for a daily commuter, you wont really need to do much to it. If you have extra cash and you feel like pumping some money into it, then I would do a nice rear RPM shock, a bigger Frando (Brembo if you have the money) caliper with a bigger disk and a stainless steel brake line. Get a WRRP exhaust, and maybe some nice rear sets. I wouldn’t even touch the engine if I was you. Yes I love the CBR 150cc, but I think the Quannon will suit you fine and you will enjoy riding it.[/quote]

Where did you get that from?.

Most of the brake kits are made by FRANDO, the bases are made by various other factorys.
Exhausts are made by the same OEM company that makes HBP and PHONGEER, i know the guy personally who runs the place!.
All the engine kits would come from SD or TD (other brands out there are just crap) theres nothing MADE by WRRP!.

Not having a rant at you, im just trying to make it clear what they actually do.
I would only trust myself and my supplier to touch an engine in taiwan!.

[quote=“Bokonon”]

Looks like a new Quannon is around 95,000; They’ve come up in price; I thought they used to be about 85,000. Given the fact that locals don’t have much of a clue about maintaining real motorbikes, I’d go with a new one over used (seem to be asking around 70-75,000), but that’s me. I don’t think maintenance is a word in Chinese… Good luck with whatever you decide.

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction … 49?u=l9568[/quote]

95k for a 150cc?

As much as i hate the CPI… its got alot more going for it than this does.

I would buy a CBR150 in a heatbeat, in fact im looking for one now…

I was about to buy a quannon, but the motorbike store sugested me to buy a wolf or KTR instead and save the money.
If I spend the 20 000 a quannon cost extra I would have a wolf that where performing bether he told me and it would be cheaper to fix if it had a acident.

He also had a NSR engine he would give me for free if I bought a NSR so that is how rk lost he’s other NSR :wink:

It’s cool looking and not to expensive, but the power potential put me off. Anyone tryed one? How is the handling and grip?

My major problem with the Wolf is that its seating position would put my knees up around my ears. Tall people beware.

[quote=“smellybumlove”][quote=“rk1951”]
I have not seen any of them posted for that amount, it was just a cheap guess. I would think though you would be able to find some of the first gens for that cheap, but I could totally be wrong. I think there is a rider on my team that might want to sell his. I will ask him more about it. As for WRRP they will have anything you want for that bike. If you are looking for bolt-ons they make their own exhausts. They will have brake and suspension parts as well. WRRP would also be able to build up your engine too. I would trust them with Quannons because they have one of the fastest Quannons in Taiwan right now. Since you sound like you just are looking for a motorcycle to ride on the street for a daily commuter, you wont really need to do much to it. If you have extra cash and you feel like pumping some money into it, then I would do a nice rear RPM shock, a bigger Frando (Brembo if you have the money) caliper with a bigger disk and a stainless steel brake line. Get a WRRP exhaust, and maybe some nice rear sets. I wouldn’t even touch the engine if I was you. Yes I love the CBR 150cc, but I think the Quannon will suit you fine and you will enjoy riding it.[/quote]

Most of the brake kits are made by FRANDO, the bases are made by various other factorys.
Exhausts are made by the same OEM company that makes HBP and PHONGEER, I know the guy personally who runs the place!.
All the engine kits would come from SD or TD (other brands out there are just crap) theres nothing MADE by WRRP!.

Not having a rant at you, im just trying to make it clear what they actually do.
I would only trust myself and my supplier to touch an engine in taiwan!.[/quote]

Wow, you seem to know a lot about the supplier situation in Taiwan. Actually, no one was saying Wu Tian produces the parts themselves… Its a bike shop/team, not a factory. They have their own brand, and quite a large selection of parts in stock. Theres only been a few times when I couldn’t find what I was looking for there. We’re just trying to be helpful and point out some places where you can get work done and find parts. They do have a machine room and do most of the work on the spot, but I have seen them send out some parts occasionally. You have quite high standards on who you’ll let touch your stuff. Unfortunately most of us don’t have the luxury to be so picky.

[quote=“Temple”]

Wow, you seem to know a lot about the supplier situation in Taiwan. Actually, no one was saying Wu Tian produces the parts themselves… Its a bike shop/team, not a factory. They have their own brand, and quite a large selection of parts in stock. Theres only been a few times when I couldn’t find what I was looking for there. We’re just trying to be helpful and point out some places where you can get work done and find parts. They do have a machine room and do most of the work on the spot, but I have seen them send out some parts occasionally. You have quite high standards on who you’ll let touch your stuff. Unfortunately most of us don’t have the luxury to be so picky.[/quote]

Didnt mean to come across all high and mighty, im in the business… so i know :wink:
Heres my company at the 2010 bike show in taipei 2 weeks ago:

I essentially do the same thing, only im a bit more involved with the factorys than others and export only… though for some reason local race teams are starting to use my pistons.
Maybe they are alright with engines… its just in my expeirence everybody i have ever met in this industry is a know-it-all without the skill to back it up, will happily take your money now and then make out as if its alright for your engine to explode :doh:

Theres a guy at WRRP who speaks good english, so i guess thats a bonus.

Anyway side tracking a bit here… the point was that the quannon is expensive, slow and a bit pointless.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]

Exhausts are made by the same OEM company that makes HBP and PHONGEER, I know the guy personally who runs the place!.

I would only trust myself and my supplier to touch an engine in taiwan!.[/quote]

Lets back up here. I totally know all of this. I was trying to say that WRRP can get you anything you want for that bike. I was not trying to imply that they make brake/ suspension and other parts for the Quannon. I think they only make an exhaust for the thing. Sorry if it sounded like that. I was also implying that he could get the Taiwanese knock-0ff Frando which is a little cheaper or he could pay a bit more and get the Brembo.

Also, if you knew me or anything about me, you would know that I don’t like WRRP one bit, actually my team is not a huge fan of them either. But I will tell you they do know what they are doing. They have been in the business here for a long time. Second if you knew me, you would also know that I don’t like the Quannon and I would never in my life buy one. But I am being very practical here and giving some decent advice to the OP. You are a motorcycle enthusiast like myself. The OP just wants a newer bike to cruise around town, and when it brakes down or he gets hit by that “blue truck” he wants something that can be fixed easily and not to expensive. So if that is the case, let the guy buy a Quannon he will be happy with it. Obviously you want a CBR, and to be honest that will probably be my next purchase too.

Why don’t you send me a link to your products. Tell me more about your pistons. Temple, Beast, and I are on a racing team here out of Yingge. He buys pistons like they are pieces of gum. Maybe we could try some of your products. Sorry to get a little off topic.

You have not met Ah Sen yet. Best mechanic I have ever met in Taiwan, and you can hold me to it. But he is slow!!

MIstaMIke, go buy a Quannon!!!

I guess if you put it like that, it makes sense.
Like the ‘buy an altis instead of a amg’ argument, makes sense in taiwan i suppose.
But i typed in CBR150 in yahoo and craploads of spares and tuning bits came up and they werent so expensive… just throwing the idea out there!.

Did you know frando are the oem for some of nissin and tokicos calipers, thats why they have the same molds :laughing:

Dont wanna delve to far into my business on here since it is a public forum, shoot me an email or check out my blog (www.samuraiscoot.blogspot.com)

Just wanted to drop a quick note to thank you guys for all the input and information.
I likely won’t have the Quannon for another month or two, but after I’ve got it I’ll do my best to come back here with some owner insight on the subject.

Cheers!