LASIK eye surgery in Taiwan (Taipei)

I paid $30000 10 years ago. It’s really gone up in price it seems. Good luck tomorrow.

1 Like

There is still a 30k option. I got the most “advanced” one that is supposed to have less recovery time. Don’t know the full details ok what else makes it better.

Yeah they didn’t have the newest technology when I had it done. That said it’s held up over the years but I’m starting to get poorer night vision now and was recommended glasses and the overall vision did deteriorate a bit too from original. Normal eye aging keeps going unfortunately. I could get it relasered but figured once was enough

I have some of that. Apparently it isn’t something cause by lasik or something they can fix. Just how someone’s eye is.

Just a quick post.

Eyesight is clearly improved. It’s blurry but not from near sightedness. Just like something blurry blocking my sight.

Really glad I got this done. Painless and quick. I’ll post the info of the places once I recover in case anyone wants it done as well.

4 Likes

The “no screen time” was just for reference then!?

https://images.app.goo.gl/i3d2Fq1odqiyUPsi8

1 Like

Mine was blurry too for a week. So don’t freak out if it lasts more than a few days :slight_smile: it’ll clear up

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks.

It’s actually really amazing. I can see pretty clearly in my 2nd day. Its suppose to improve continually and stabilize in about a month as I’m told. Really happy with it so hard.

1 Like

I’ll post the details of the place I got the surgery from. I believe you guys can get a 4000ntd discount if someone referred you.

1 Like

I though you were not in Taiwan!

I got back about a month ago. Leaving again in 2 weeks :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I went to this place 大學眼科診所

https://m.eyedoctor.com.tw/?utm_source=GoogleKword&utm_medium=eMobile&utm_campaign=indexMobile1

I’m still recovering but I’m pretty happy with my eyes so far. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will give you my name as reference. They will give you 4000ntd discount.

2 Likes

Funny! Scishow just uploaded a video on laser eye surgery.

Hmmm let me watch.

OH MY GOD! They cut the eye open before shooting lasers in it? That’s insane!

Thank god my natural eyesight is 20/10 (2.00) I never ever ever want to do that. eww eww eww eww. I ain’t lettin nobody or nothin get close to my eyes.

That looks traumatising!

1 Like

It goes completely black for a while and it’s like a crazy laser light show when they do it. Would have been cool if I was tripping.

1 Like

I can’t even imagine. I wouldn’t even be confident of myself putting in novelty contact lenses. I hate things near my eyes and it was an adjustment by itself to get used to facemasks.

I’m not used to things on my face outside of my sexy mug.

Boast well while you can! The scourge of longsightedness awaits you!

3 Likes

I had my laser eye surgery done in Taipei at DaXue YanKe almost 20 years ago. Best money I ever spent on ANYTHING. Still holding up real well as I get closer to 50 years-old. As long as you’re a suitable candidate for the surgery, which a professional and ethical clinic will make sure (I was close to being unsuitable due to less tearing, as in tears), there’s nothing to be worried or scared about. The procedure itself is painless. The recovery later that day is uncomfortable, but nothing outstanding.

2 Likes

I’m really glad I got lasik. Money well spent. My vision is great and much more stable now.

Still some dryness but I heard that will take a few months to go away.

6 Likes