LASIK eye surgery in Taiwan (Taipei)

Are there any activities you’re now unable to do?

No. There are not.

1 Like

Andrew only gained more powers.

4 Likes

When you can’t see for sh!t you don’t care, I would trade my eyes for a dead man’s on a heart bit!

Hey Andrew, I’m about to book my appointment with the place the recommended! Any tips for day of surgery?

Just relax and make sure you have something to do when you get home where you can rest your eyes and relax. It’s not painful in any way and it’s over rather quick.

And the dryness has gone away for me since then. I don’t have any lasting negative effects that I notice.

1 Like

Ok, that doesn’t sound too hard. Sounds like a time for podcasts and sleep. Do you mind if I use your name as my referrer?

Yes. I sent you a PM.

What was the price quote for you?

@Andrew0409 - I’ve asked around and a nurse who generally helps me out with such things suggested the same place you used. She did hers in the same place years back. You mentioned $115k? What was the difference between that and the less expensive options? It’s my eyes so price isn’t the consideration here but I’ve never heard of it costing as much as you paid.

The healing time. Something about my technique allows the healing time to be shorter. Let me know if you go for it, there was a 4K referral discount and I’ll give you my info. I assume it’s still available.

1 Like

Probably plan things out during CNY.

You’re all good with your eyes now?

Yeah. They’re perfect. Even the annoying astigmatism is gone which is what bothered me the most as it came and went randomly. No dryness anymore as well.

I’m opting for the SMILE method which costs 11.5k. I mentioned Andrew as my referrer, but apparently the SMILE method is ineligible for further discount…

Smile is newer from my understanding. But if you’re a better candidate for it price is no thing.

Has anyone used WishVision? I have a quote from them, but i was wondering if anyone knows if they have a discount for referrals, and if they’d be willing to give me a referral in exchange for a beer!

What’s the going rate recently for Lasik for one or two eyes?

How much does it cost?

SMILE both eyes 115,000ntd. Within the last couple weeks.

2 Likes

Really? I read 10K per eye, but that was many years ago. I was thinking again about doing this, but that’s off the table.

Thailand it’s US$4-5,000 for two eyes.

Heard USA is 3 or 4 times that.

It’s been more than 2 years and my eyes are perfect. I’m pretty sure I’ve saved more money at this point not having to pay per daily lenses and eye glasses.

I would definitely recommend. It’s made my life so much better

3 Likes