LASIK eye surgery in Taiwan (Taipei)

My Lasik surgery from year 2000 for $45,000 (both eyes) is still holding up. Getting older now so some aging is expected but this purchase remains one of the best things I’ve ever spent money on in my entire life.

5 Likes

Here is where the wife went. There are some prices for different procedures. Minus some referral discount they will give to anyone.

I would definitely get Lasik if I could be guaranteed there would be no side effects and if I qualified as a candidate. Did anybody here have any side effects? Dry eyes? Night vision?

I’ve had neither of those issues. Dr. did tell me that after 10+ years my reading vision would begin to slowly weaken. That appears to be happening. Reading glasses are on the horizon.

Hi can i have your referral pls

I had LASIK 3 years ago now, just over. And I’ve not had any side effects. My vision is still just as good as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I’m not sure if they still have this program as it’s been 3 years now. But if you DM me I can give you my Chinese name and stuff.

I’ve commented in this thread before. I had Lasik done over 20 years ago, best money I ever spent. Still holding strong, but that’s a matter of one’s eye health and not the surgery as you get older.
FWIW, there are no guarantees about the outcome of a Lasik procedure. Most of the time it works very well for people but of course there’s always those exceptions and those people do suffer ill-effects from having had the procedure done.

3 Likes

Realized I didn’t comment about this. I had almost not enough natural tearing (as in tears) ability when getting assessed for my my Lasik surgery and they will not recommend it (if they have integrity) if you don’t hit certain markers as such. I just got by. I’ve not had dry eyes issues since though, and the surgery didn’t make things any worse. I think with the older style Lasik procedures it was nearly impossible to not have some degree of night vision. I have a little, lights shimmer or glow a bit more than usual. But it’s far from a deal-breaker.

1 Like