Lateral Thinking Puzzle

[quote]ImaniOU wrote:
Here’s one:
Anthony and Cleopatra have been discovered lying dead on the floor of a villa in Egypt. Nearby is a broken bowl. There is no mark on either of their bodies and they were not poisoned. How did they die?
[/quote]

They were both eating chicken legs and both choked on the chicken legs at the same time. What a coincidence. Bowl drops to the floor as they were choking and shatters.

For christsake, they lived 4,000 years ago. Of course they’re dead.

DOH! This is easy … Cleopatra was furious when she found out that Anthony was seen with another women! One night while she was coming back from the kitchen with her bowl of milk for her cat, she saw him in the hallway and with a hand of fiery she smashed bowl of milk on his head screaming “HOW COULD YOU!”. With a loud thump Anthony falls to the ground and dies instantly of fatal head injuries. Out runs the supposed mistress and cries Cousin Anthony!!! Cleopatra is so devastated that she killed her lover that she does the same fate by hitting herself with the bowl!

And that

Anthony abnd Cleopatra had just had an extremely bad curry. In fact this curry was so lethal that Anthony ‘broke the bowl’ at his first attempt to expel it. Having nowhere left to relieve themselves, they had to use the villa floor until they passed out in agony and suffocated to death in their own excerement. Eeewww :!:

Brian

Oh come now, Roseha, you need to consider the clues. He said there was no mark (such as the kind smashing a bowl on someone’s head would make) on the bodies. No, I’d say Anthony and Cleopatra were actually a prize pair of Nile Perch on display in a rather large bowl, which was dislodged from its stand by an explosion caused by a stray Skud missile during the first Gulf War. Upon landing, the bowl naturally shattered, leaving A and P to pathetically gasp out their last breaths on the floor while the residents of the home took shelter from the attack.

Close, Vay. Cleopatra and Anthony are goldfish and the cat has knocked their bowl on the floor where, without water, they suffocated and died. Of course, that’s better than when my sister and my goldfish, Mr. and Mrs. Bubbles made a suicide pact and jumped out of their bowl to be discovered by us when we came home from school (I was in fifth grade and my sister was in third).

Here’s another one:

A man was walking downstairs in a building when he suddenly realized that his wife had just died. How?

For the non-thinking man

Wouldn’t it be nice if none of us had google. :wink:

I’m a damn cheat :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

This is a sore subject for me right now…sigh…because my girlfriend good-intentionally dumped practically a whole bottle of fish food into my aquarium before we went away last weekend. You can imagine the results. I’m not sure which wiped out the ecosystem first, the anaerobic, soup-like environment created when the filter overloaded, or the fact that my fish probably ate until their bellies burst.

By the way, here’s a common but good one, as it’s actually fairly guessable without having to read my mind, and does in a sense involve lateral thinking:

A man enters a field and immediately dies. He is wearing a pack on his back. (Hint: He was not murdered.)

My sincere condolences on your sister’s tragic demise. She would have been a Bubbles by marriage, I suppose. I know a number of women who have married cold fish, although really, isn’t third grade a little young to tie the knot? I didn’t think that was even legal in Ohio.

Don’t worry, it wasn’t officially recorded in the books. Besides, she was Mr. Bubbles.

Sorry for taking a grammarian approach to my posting by putting the other person ahead of myself while missing basic grammar of making that first noun possessive.
This is something of which I hope to not repeat. :wink:

A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says ‘Thank you’ and walks out.

[quote]A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says ‘Thank you’ and walks out.
[/quote]

I think I know this one. The man needed to be frightened because he had the hiccups. The bartender pulled out the gun to scare the man. Am I correct?[/list]

Heard this from a friend of mine

A naked guy, dead in the desert with a straw in his hand. Behind him were a trail of his clothes and there is no foot step on the sand, how
did he died?

Did I do this right?? :unamused:

It’s George Bush, who’d just got out of the shower on Air Force one. "

A man lives on the 25th floor of an apartment building. Every morning he gets in the lift, pushes the button for the ground floor, and when the lift gets to the bottom he gets out and walks out of the building. Every evening he comes back, pushes the button for the 17th floor, gets off at the 17th floor, and walks up the stairs to the 25th floor. Why does he walk up the last 8 floors, instead of taking the lift every evening?

the man dead in the field had a defective parachute?

No, no, no. Hexuan was closest actually. Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney were flying in a hot air balloon (powered by their own speech) over Iran (casing it out as a target). Unfortunately they were running out of air and had already ditched all their ballast. As they were flying over an Iran-Iraq War era chemical wasteland (created by US chemicals in Saddam’s hands), they didn’t really want to land. As Hexie suggested, Bush went off the deep end and did a line of coke (that’s why he was holding the straw). Being so fired up, he hit upon the idea of throwing off his clothes too lose weight (or maybe he just wanted to have a little fun before certain death) - hence the trail of clothing. Cheney and Rumsfeld took one look at each other and promptly threw Bush out of the basket to save themselves (you could say Bush had drawn the short straw).

Brian

because the elevator only goes up to the 17th floor??

No, no, no. Hexuan was closest actually. Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney were flying in a hot air balloon (powered by their own speech) over Iran (casing it out as a target). Unfortunately they were running out of air and had already ditched all their ballast. As they were flying over an Iran-Iraq War era chemical wasteland (created by US chemicals in Saddam’s hands), they didn’t really want to land. As Hexie suggested, Bush went off the deep end and did a line of coke (that’s why he was holding the straw). Being so fired up, he hit upon the idea of throwing off his clothes too lose weight (or maybe he just wanted to have a little fun before certain death) - hence the trail of clothing. Cheney and Rumsfeld took one look at each other and promptly threw Bush out of the basket to save themselves (you could say Bush had drawn the short straw).

Brian[/quote]

Very good Bu Lai En, except the part about Bush (haha)

The man’s a dwarf, so he can’t reach the button for the 25th floor.