Leaning towers of Taipei Disaster (sad for home owners)

So your alternative is the one that guarantees loss of money every time. For what is essentially a pretty rare event.

In the adult world, when someone hurts you through their negligent actions, you demand compensation and go to the courts for a judgement if they don’t comply.

I know of no law that specifies homeowners are not allowed to leave.

3 Likes

Claiming a developer attempts to do this on purpose to get cheap land is just absurd. It would be far cheaper to make an offer than pay massive compensation. Its just an illogical statement if a person had any sense of reality at all.

10 Likes

Don’t see any shoring piles on the sides.

School nearby.

2 Likes

Because buying a house was totally in your agenda?

5 Likes

if you keep renting ypu wont have any issues. any problem will be the landlord problem.

1 Like

It would have a massive company to pay. Hard to see any project would buy so much insurance to cover the full loss

They’re obviously competent builders, I would have 100% confidence in them securing the building and putting it right.

2 Likes

Why are they even paying the mortgage? What’s the worst that can happen, foreclose on a house that doesn’t exist?

1 Like

Let the blame games begin

Once again Mayor Chiang is in a defensive posture, trying to deal with bad stuff happening.

Has there been a single positive proactive move during his mayorship? Yes I know he went and hung out in Shanghai for a while—sorry that one doesn’t count.

Guy

3 Likes

This incident is big enough to elicit a building code change. It’s not that hard to fix it. Just tightening the required shoring standard along with the occasional random checks should do it.

It’s the same with mrt trains being too hot. Just reactive measures and no proactive steps to correct something before it’s a problem.

But he does seem pretty quick to correct a problem if it becomes public though.

I’m not talking about just construction related issues. Seems like I am seeing random sink holes on the news more and more often. Seems like it would be impossible to proactively do something to prevent them from happening unless they are scanning all the roads/grounds for weak spots.

I would have thought the last one that happened in Yonghe a few years ago would have elicit a change…

This is nothing to do with building code. You can have very good building but a sinkhole doesn’t care.

The point is sinkhole caused by improper construction activity.

You don’t have the finances for it anyway you have claimed in the past.

No need to concern yourself over something you are not going to buy. Also you can buy a house that sits on land and not buy in an apartment building.

1 Like

I mean it’s good because this means DPP will be safer in the 2024 elections.

He’s still a better mayor than Ko though. At least he knows when to shut the fuck up.

Apparently they hired O’Reilly’s men to do the job.

I mean really. What is the point?

1 Like

Picture from CNA.

2 Likes

My SO told me that Kee Tai Properties Co. Ltd had/has construction problem issues in Taichung. It seems to follow them around the island.

1 Like