Leaning towers of Taipei Disaster (sad for home owners)

In the south you got “unknown” chemical pipes exploding to add to the usual corruption and lack of professionalism in taiwans construction cluster fuck :joy: that fun incident also seems to have not had much of an impact on society moving forward, whuch is rwally sad!. It’s why I live in 1 floor houses without connected buildings and prefer to own the land, not only the building.

Can take the Taiwan out of China but can’t take the China out of Taiwan. So it seems :frowning:

Trailer park reference

1 Like

Oh those 2014 explosions in K-Town were bad . . . :slightly_frowning_face:

For forumosans unaware of this debacle, there’s a thread on it:

Guy

1 Like

Last night they sent one single lonely spokesperson for the building company. Identified himself as vice president. Dunno if it was the bad wig or the incomplete bow but he was not very convincing.

Honestly to make an 11 floor building sink because of construction next door should not be that easy to fix.

5 Likes

It’s why I refuse to invest in a condo/hi rise/connected building. Too many unknowns and too high a risk of issues in this country. Not that stand alone housing is usually quality construction either :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also a jungle reference.

Or

A pig with lipstick reference

The ones in front of cameras apologizing or lying through their teeth do indeed appear to be pigs with lipstick

Poor pigs.

2 Likes

So what is the latest on this case? Did Kee Tai Properties compensate the affected households?

I’m talking about the original case from 2023 in Dazhi (the newer posts in this thread are discussing a new leaning apartment block disaster in Sanchong).

I guess you already know this much, but just in case:

Lee I-chia and Central News Agency, " Kee Tai agrees to aid displaced residents," Taipei Times, September 11, 2023

*Taipei Deputy Mayor Lee Shu-chuan (李四川)

4 Likes

What a shame :frowning: could be worse I guess. The owner could of changed his name and just ghosted everyone. Still a shit deal! Hopefully people sue them.

3 Likes

You got me thinking. Yeah, I think they ought to get more than what the company offered.

1 Like

According to this recent report, it sounds like they aren’t paying out on time (at least for nearby buildings that were damaged, but did not collapse if I’m reading correctly) - 大直損鄰案169受災戶仍未見賠償 基泰:預計3月開始申請

2 Likes

Building collapse, looks to be abandoned.