Learning Chinese in Taoyuan

Has anyone got any experience with this place? Are they even still there?

They moved a block or two over. I’d say PM Truant for his experiences. I found them a couple years ago. They seem best as a source for tutors as they hardly had any group classes when I visited them-- and the group classes they had consisted of a couple students only and only beginners. Didn’t bother to use their service in the end. If I were in Yinge, I’d go in the other direction and go to a language school near the Taipei train station. Almost the same amount of time required to go in either direction, but you’ll find group classes that suit various levels and at better rates in Taipei.

I’ll ask T, but it only takes me 15 minutes to get to the train station in Taoyuan. I’m looking for a one on one anyway.

thanks for the quick reply. :slight_smile:

Ive used them a bit (6 months), had to stop for other reasons. I am seriousily looking to go back. NIce people and willing to work with you.

Just spotted this. Yes, until recently I was in a 2 on 1 class at “Teacher Chungs” and was pretty happy with it. I ended up takign a break due to work and other commitments, but intend resuming soon.

One thing I would thoroughly recommend is to find yourself a tutor that enables you to have as little travelling time as possible. If you are going 1 on 1, then there should be a SWAG of eligible tutors out there meaning you should be able to find someone who is very close to you, or who is willing to travel.
The reason I stress this is for a while I was spending upto 90 mins travelling time per night of class, which eventually takes it’s toll.

I think it would be great to do perhaps 1hr a day 1 on 1, with minimal travelling time, and if you can find a private tutor who is open to this you should be able to get a good deal too.

HTH.

I went there today. The place is still there but there was no sign of nobody inside. The security guy (bah…feet up, half asleep watching TV) said she’s usually there, but not today?

you might need to try in the evenings. I believe most classes are around 6-10pm.

I finally got there when someone was there. One on one classes are 400 clams. Seem like friendly people.

Hello,

I’ve been searching through the forum these past few days , but I can’t seem to find the information I need particular need. Please help me out.

I am currently studying in an university in Chungli, Taoyuan.

I am looking for a place to improve my Chinese skill.

Can you guys help me find school that have classes available after 5pm (6pm would be great), Mon-Friday, in Chungli ?

Thank you so much!

Didn’t your university open a class just for foreign students learning Chinese ?
Try this : tealit.com
If you want to join a class teaching Chinese professionly,I think you can find some universities that have department of Chinese literature.They will open a class for teaching Mandarin .

Looks like I’m staying in Taoyuan for the time being, so I thought it might be nice to start taking Chinese courses. The Chinese Language Program at NCU was recommended to me by a few of my Taiwanese friends, and it does appear to be a good option. Has anyone else taken classes through this program? If so, do they teach primarily in pinyin or zhuyin? Any other info regarding the class structure, professors, etc. would be appreciated.

I just lost my Chinese teacher, she got married and moved to Canada. Does anyone know of any 1 on 1 teachers or classes in Jongli (Zhongli) besides the Universities? I’m really busy at the moment and can’t make university classes.

There are a lot of foreign students(外籍學生Wàijí xuéshēng)of Vietnam or Korea in Minghsin University of Science and Technology School (明新科大Míng xīn kē dà).

There is a Chinese Language Center (華語中心Huáyǔ zhōngxīn) in the school.And some students are trained to become Volunteers of teaching chinese(中文 Zhōngwén).

There are foreign teachers of English and Japanese . And a teacher of Taiwanese of teaching German.

If you want, You might be a visiting student of chinese lesson.Or I can teaching you.I’m the one of Volunteer.

Chinese Language Center TEL:(03)5593142 ext 2194
acade.must.edu.tw/index.aspx?UnitID=30564

by Train
[106 Taoyuan]–>[113 Xinfeng(Hsinfeng)]=> NT 57-…it is spend time about 40 minutes.
service.tra.gov.tw/tw/ticketprice/Excel.aspx

Hi,

I live in Taoyuan on Daxing xi lu, er duan.
I would like to find a language exchange partner to practice Chinese and teach them English. I have studied Chinese at university previously but it has been 4 years since I have formally studied it.

I am currently teaching kindergarten and HLS 7-15 olds for a company in Taoyuan city. I have a Bachelor of Arts with majors in Chinese and International Relations and a Bachelor of Business Management.

Look forward to hearing from you.

jds20_84@hotmail.com

I have a good Chinese tutor by the name of Bo-bo in Taoyuan.

She has been tutoring foreigners for a few years. She’s very flexible in terms of what you want to be taught, from conversational Chinese to preparation for Chinese language exams.

She meets in cafes and only charges 300NT an hour, she can do pairs/groups no problem.

She has also been extremely helpful and generous when it comes to helping with issues you may have in Taiwan. She has helped a friend of mine out with taxes, I know of another instance where she helped one of her customers fill an English summer school class with her friend’s children, quite an asset and a friend.

You can contact her on:
0910 891 389 or you can email wen_wen6@hotmail.com

I have a good Chinese tutor by the name of Bo-bo in Taoyuan.

She has been tutoring foreigners for a few years. She’s very flexible in terms of what you want to be taught, from conversational Chinese to preparation for Chinese language exams.

She meets in cafes and only charges 300NT an hour, she can do pairs/groups no problem.

She has also been extremely helpful and generous when it comes to helping with issues you may have in Taiwan. She has helped a friend of mine out with taxes, I know of another instance where she helped one of her customers fill an English summer school class with her friend’s children, quite an asset and a friend.

You can contact her on:
0910 891 389 or you can email wen_wen6@hotmail.com