Lego unveils first LGBTQ set ahead of Pride Month

You’ve missed out progressives.

looks like @yyy is melting down!

that was about the extent of my point, so it seems you have joined the circle jerk

1 Like

It’s nice you fixed this, but you only fixed one misrepresentation. Let me further add to the chorus here. How is that comment “melting down”? Just saying what most kids would think IMO if they received this set of Lego–I’m sure most would prefer other sets. Who’s “melting down”? Oh, I see @TT has answered that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stop fighting, look how happy this two guys are.

3 Likes

Seriously, Temp? If buying a rainbow lego set makes your kids think you’re insane, you have some pretty odd family dynamics. :2cents:

(“Dad, why are you melting down?!”)

So, you weren’t being sarcastic about the racial segregation?

I wasn’t melting down about anything. But nice to see a few days later that you have recovered from yours. Speaking of a few days later… Racial segregation: I don’t remember bringing it up at all. Could you refresh my memory?

As for sarcasm, probably, it is my default mode.

1 Like

As a member of the queer community, I’m not too happy about this set. IMHO it’s just rainbow-washing and marketing.

8 Likes

ok, i’ll think about it and get back to you next week

Dad? The kids would be melting down! Legos don’t grow on trees you know. THINK OF ALL THE OTHER SETS

Literally all of them?

Sorry, my head just exploded. :exploding_head:

1 Like

7 Likes

Since this thread has been bumped, I was meaning to ask you: how is it rainbow-washing? When I hear X-washing I picture disingenuous PR by a business with a closet full of freaky skeletons, you know, like Monsanto or Dupont or VW or something. What crimes against nature or humanity did the lego people ever commit?

A pretty obvious crime against nature.

To put it short, Lego declares itself a company that is a cultivator of creative play and contributes to healthy child development and lives up to it’s environmental responsibility. I loved to play with Lego and I’m looking forward to play with it together with my son. But: cooperations with companies like shell does not fit into the image they paint of themselves. Apart from rising prices for sets that get smaller and smaller I really don’t like how Lego (Like other companies) think they need to make a big deal about how LGBTQ+ friendly they are suddenly. IMHO it’s unnecessary and does more harm than good.

3 Likes

It’s a softer version than Exxon telling you about all the green stuff they’re doing. More of a company jumping on a trend to get some good publicity rather than actually doing anything. Lego is probably pretty god about this. Others?

us-news/2021/jun/14/corporations-anti-lgbtq-politicians-donations-study

25 corporations marking Pride donated over $10m to anti-LGBTQ+ politicians – study

CVS Health, AT&T, Walmart and Comcast among companies that supported anti-LGBTQ+ candidates, Popular Information reports

The study found that CVS supported sponsors of anti-trans legislation in Texas, North Carolina and Tennessee, through its corporate political action committee.

The study found that CVS supported sponsors of anti-trans legislation in Texas, North Carolina and Tennessee, through its corporate political action committee. Photograph: Richard Drew/AP

Edward Helmore

Mon 14 Jun 2021 20.11 BST

June is Pride month, and many US corporations are advertising their support for the LGBTQ+ community. A new study, however, has found that 25 companies otherwise eager to wave the rainbow flag have donated more than $10m to anti-LGBTQ+ federal and state politicians over the past two years
The study, released on Monday by the Popular Information newsletter, found that alongside pronouncements of LGBTQ+ support, corporations including CVS, AT&T, Walmart and Comcast have supported candidates who seek to block or otherwise restrict equal rights based on gender or sexual orientation.

2 Likes

Gay Pride Used To Shield Rapacious Oligarchy, prompted about the one minute mark.

Reportedly now banned in China.

Doesn’t really amount to much unless other links are ruled out. Maybe unrelated issues are far too important for the company to ignore despite disagreement about the politician views on rainbow rights.