Leonardo the genius

I’m not a fan of him as a person, but he’s an excellent actor. You probably just don’t like him because he’s a white male.

6 Likes

Mr Man watched 8,000 full frontal movie scenes before compiling the revealing list

It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it.

3 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

He’s not an excellent actor. He has a take-no-prisoners acting style which screams “LOOK AT ME I’M ACTING” in every role he’s in, and that’s just exhausting to watch. His performances have no nuances, no subtleties nor naturism, except maybe Gilbert Grape in which he was like, 13. Shutter Island, The Aviator, The Departed, The Wolf of Wall Street are all classic examples.

Then there are even worse things like Blood Diamond, J. Edgar, Revolutionary Road, or Gangs of New York. All appallingly bad work. Gangs of New York was especially awful since he had to go vis-à-vis a majestic (white male, btw) actor (DDL) who blew him off the screen from beginning to end.

I do like The Revenant fine. He was extremely unconvincing with his native American son and his native American dead wife who could pass as his daughter, but it was pretty much the only time where his “commitment” actually worked for the role.

1 Like

I guess he lacks the acting chops of the cast of ‘Friends.’ :roll_eyes:

Martin Scorsese, one of the best directors of all time, must do so many collaborations with Leo because he’s such a terrible actor. Sure, that makes sense.

4 Likes

The cast of Friends has been nominated for countless Emmys. Lisa Kudrow alone had 7 back-to-back noms for Phoebe. She’s had a ton of other nominations for her other shows.

More like one of the most OVERRATED directors of all time. I’ve almost never liked his movies.

1 Like

And Leo won an Academy Award for Best Actor. But despite that, you said he’s a bad actor. So what do awards mean to you anyway? You can’t have it both ways.

Of course you’d think that. I’m not surprised. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And just because an acclaimed director has worked with someone multiple times doesn’t mean the actor is good. At least not to me.

:roll:

OK, this puts all your other comments in context. :grin:

4 Likes

Why would you date women over 25 if you had a plethora of women under 25 to choose from.

Emotional intelligence and maturity. Sexual experience. Love. There’s a plethora of reasons.

Still like I said before, I can’t blame Leo.

3 Likes

My saffer chum highly rated his accent in Blood Diamond. However, he was also under the assumption that Patsy Kensit was a South African actress, so maybe his judgement is questionable.

2 Likes

It wasn’t consistent enough.

My Saffa friend also said he did a spot on Rhodesian accent.

1 Like

You’re not South African. You probably don’t even have any Saffa chums. What do you know, bru?

You’ve never liked Scorsese’s movies? Seriously?

There or there abouts.

His normal accent slips from time to time.

I like The Age of Innocence.

I’m done justifying my dislike towards DiCaprio. I think he sucks. If you like him, fine, I don’t care.

But you can find all of those in women under 25, especially When you have a lot of options as Leo.

Just saying, if you can find all those attributes in 34 year old and a 24 year old. I would choose 24.

Ehhhhhhhhhh

2 Likes