Let's talk about impeachment

Leave it up to conservative momma to not understand how things work and that he’s been impeached twice, and it’s forever. :joy:

1 Like

A must watch.
So much hypocrisy on BOTH sides.
What happened on BOTH sides was wrong. The country needs to heal. But the left is hell bent on getting vengeance. The right would be too if roles were reversed. Sad state of affairs.

1 Like

I don’t believe this is the case. I think most of the American left wants an end to COVID, the economy to rebound, and social justice measures. They want Trump held accountable for his criminal behavior but vengeance for that isn’t what’s motivating most people here.

Taking quotes out of context and cutting them in with footage of riots and a horror film sountrack background is really rhetorical dishonesty as far as videos go, cheap scare tactics.

1 Like

Agreed

But I think certain politicians and media outlets (Nancy and CNN, I’m looking at you) are hell bent on vengeance. And those big players are what keep appearing headline, after headline, after headline.

Nancy isn’t going to stop with the failed impeachment. She has plans to keep on marching with pitchfork in hand to get Trump and all those who voted to acquit.

BBC News - Independent commission to investigate Capitol riots

Ahem…Acquitted twice.

Especially ones married to women of color.

Not out of context at all, and like it or not, that all happened.

I actually heard several GOP members questioning why they didn’t have this instead of the impeachment. Who knows what will come of it. Personally I think it’s a waste of time and money.
I thought the GOP loved to investigate stuff, remember Bengazhi?

1 Like

She has to. They gonna get crushed in the midterms and they know it.

By Senators representing a third of the population.

1 Like

Right and in how many years will people forget those numbers just like they forgot algebra? 5? 8?

I remember algebra.

1 Like

Pelosi: I don’t know why there aren’t riots all over. (What context was this said in)?
Holder: When they go low, we kick ass! (context)?
Boooker: Go the Hill today, get in the face of some congresspeople (context)?
Pelosi: The domestic enemies to our voting system are not honoring our constituition are in
the white house (True)
Random photo of a black man beating a man in a department store with no context
Cuomo: Trump can’t walk down the street in NY, hed’ better have an Army (true)
Pol: Create a public gathering, tell them they’re not welcome (referring to domestic terrorists)
Some random lady holding a model of trumps head, no context.
Johnny Depp: When was the last time an actor assassinated a presdient
Snoop Dog with a fake gun at a fake model of Trump
Rapper talking about murdering Trump, in a rap where the term ‘murder’ is used figuratively often to represent defeating someone in a rap battle (he didn’t attempt to kill him at any point)
Clinton: Civility can start again when we win the senate because GOP only recongnize violence (True)
Peolosi: you have to be ready to take a punch (no context for quote)
DeNiro: Id like to punch Trump in the face (so would 85 mil americans so what)
Neighbors hung Trump in effigy (who?)
Madonna talking about fantasies of hurting Trump (again, this is pretty much how everyone felt, but they protested peacefully and didn’t attack the Capitol)
Some guy with a dream about punching Trump (so what)
A pol screaming no justice no peace (context? what’s the prob here)
A message to Trumpies: enough shenanigans, be in order, make domestic terrorists pay.
Biden: They asked me if id like to debate, they said if we were in HS i’d beat him

Out of all these quotes, all years old, all montaged kind out of context, with a cheesy scary soundtrack and video of riots spliced in also decontextualized…please show how this results to the ‘left’ wanting vengeance.

It shows hypocrisy.
By they way…

You don’t know who Kathy Griffin is?

In what sense?

No, I actually hadn’t heard of her. Did she attack the Capitol building?

In the most basic sense of the impeachment being about the left claiming Trump should be held accountable for his words…that that allegedly ”incited” violence. It is ironic and a hypocrisy when the left has also been using language that could be interpreted as a blatant call to arms / action / violence.

Both sides should be held accountable. Both sides should clean up their language / attacks.

2 Likes

It wasn’t alleged, it was real and all right on video for everyone to see for themselves live and unedited. Some here have a problem with the idea of Trump being accountable, but that is how our constitution works because we are ostensibly a nation of laws governed by a constitution.

Sure, if you cut and splice videos and paste them in random order with no context at all. This video shows a handful of really angry celebs (who didn’t feel like that?), a visual artist with a controversial project, and dem pols giving speeches (removed from context). These aren’t calls to arms, the Capitol attack was. The Dems didn’t attack the Capitol. Domestic terrorists egged on by a GOP president used violence to attack the US government.

Both sides is an accountability dodge by the GOP at this point. Again, one attacked the
Capitol, one did not. One was seditious and harbored domestic terrorists, the other did not. False equivalency.

There is no comparing MAGA domestic terrorism and what is presented here. And this montage is no proof of the ‘left’ having vengeance, unless you think a rapper, an aging pop idol, one actor and an obscure visual artist represent the entire US ‘left’.

I kinda wish the convo could shift away from ‘left/right’ at all. That’s gonna be my new goal. No mentions of sides or parties, just issues.

cheers

:rofl::rofl::rofl::roll_eyes:
Kathy Griffin a ”visual artist”?!
She is a quite famous celebrity / comedian / talk show cohost / etc.

who did a photo shoot of her holding the severed head of the President of the United States!

and to you…that’s nothing.
wow

Over the past 4 years the left has protested violently. Businesses were burned to the ground.

None of this ”needs” to happen. The left and the right and their constituents needs to work together in the spirit of peaceful compromise.

The violence at the Capital was unnecessary. Trump was reckless with his words. Those who broke the law should be held accountable.

We the people should hold our representatives more accountable…on BOTH sides.

1 Like

Whoever she is, you can tell how relevant she is to Americans. I hadn’t heard of her before today. Nobody cares about this person. So yeah, her art project to me is nothing.

Did she attack the Capitol?

Was that the ‘left’? Who burned businesses? The entire left? No they didn’t. That is false.

Remember, I was here during the entire summer at protests so I assure you what you consume as news/propaganda pieces and what went on are very different.

The ‘left’ does this, if you are referring to the Democrats. Another false equivalence. Can you name ‘left’ politicians that incited violence against the Capitol? (No.)

Agree, including Trump, who broke the law.

Show me where Dem politicians have not been held accountable in regards to the seditious Capitol riot?

There just isn’t a both sides argument to be made here. A few aging celebs don’t represent the entire ‘left’ and that video is no proof of some kind of vengeance seeking on the ‘lefts’ part. Again, unless you think the ‘left’ consists of Madonna, whoever Kathy Griffin is, Robert Deniro, and a rapper neither of us can name. And none of them attacked the Capitol, and that’s the bottom line.

One would have to be living under a rock to not know who she is.

But moving on…

No he didn’t.
He was reckless with words. But that isn’t breaking the law.

You are cherry picking.
There were a lot more people in that video, including well known Democrat politicians…including Pelosi.

I’m not saying the left is responsible in any way for the capital riots. I’m saying our politicians, celebrities (who carry a ton of political weight and public influence) as well as all media should report truth, not bias, and clean up the way we talk and engage with each other on opposite sides of the aisle. And yes, that includes the President.

This is how we piece our country together. Because all that both sides have done over the past decade is divide with hate and visiciousness.

2 Likes