Let's talk about impeachment

They had this amazing piece on insipid left wing nefarious plots, it was right after the piece on zen gardens did you see it? Amazeballs!

I would refer you to a comment you made in another thread.

What we don’t do is start with a desired outcome and then try to find facts to support our desired outcome, then if the evidence doesn’t support the desired outcome keep shifting the goal posts trying to claim it does.

Yours is good advice, it is the proper way to examine something, if the media is caught telling a lie in order to promote an outcome, that would be a bad thing, unless you are confident it was n honest mistake.

I’m fairly confident 4 years of watching our national nightmare is enough of an empirical sample size and has given enough data to reach reasonable conclusions based upon evidence.

You keep talking about this desired outcome. My desired outcome was Trump suddenly pulled off his mask, was actually a pretty decent guy, and built my country and HSR and some better schools. Guess what, it didn’t happen.

I don’t know why Trump being a crook would be a desired outcome. It’s a disgrace to my nation, nobody wanted that.

1 Like

Must have missed that one. Delivery has been a little spotty lately.

And no or little effort is ever made to correct the mistake once it is apparent.

1 Like

It’s possible for many conclusions to be reached, to believe you have reached the definitive only allowable set of conclusions that should be allowed or considered is incorrect I am afraid.

It is quite possible for others to draw quite a different set of conclusion, ones that may have a much more profound importance for the rest of society than the ones you have.

But you do you, we are all aware of what conclusions you have drawn you repeat then 10 times a day, we get it.

1 Like

2 Likes

What conclusion have I reached?

This is vague.

Maybe you could get the fact that 5 people I know are dead of COVID, another several people I know are missing, everyone I know has lost several jobs and/or knows someone that died from this, our nation’s government was paralyzed for four years causing our entire communities economic and personal grief, and nobody here needs to be told by someone 10,000 miles away reading it from blogs what ‘really’ happened.

Regarding the capitol riots you took the position immediately that Trump was responsible for the insurrection.

The whole thing about an open mind is you consider all of it first, and in its proper context.

This is good advice, from you. We should look at everything with an open mind, we should ask for answers, it should be troubling that Pelosi is stonewalling requests for information. I have quite a few unanswered questions. It should trouble you, but apparently it doesn’t.

Who decided it would be a good idea to open barricades and let people in? Do you know? Who were the people acting like organizers and waving people in? Shouldn’t people ask questions? Why do you get upset when it is pointed out the media reporting was poor? Are you protecting a narrative and don’t like it called into question?

It was deliberately vague because you don’t possess the foundation required for the conversation.

This aged well.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday that Congress will establish an independent, Sept. 11-style commission to look into the deadly insurrection that took place at the U.S. Capitol.

Pelosi said the commission will “investigate and report on the facts and causes relating to the January 6, 2021, domestic terrorist attack upon the United States Capitol Complex … and relating to the interference with the peaceful transfer of power.”

In a letter to Democratic colleagues, Pelosi said the House will also put forth supplemental spending to boost security at the Capitol.

2 Likes

He is.

No. But I know the barricades had people flying flags that said “Trump” next to Confederate flags, and guys in sweatshirts with Nazi emblems on them and a giant mob stormed the Capitol after Trump gave an inflammatory speech encouraging them to do it. That’s not case closed for you?

What troubles me is the way people keep making excuses for a treasonous political movement that attacked my country.

These are fine questions. Do they detract from the point that Trump was the leader of a seditious insurrection done in his name? No, they dont.

Because that is being extrapolated into causing doubt about the nature of the event and is a ruse to let Trump off the hook for breaking the law.

i think you are projecting here. I have eyes and ears and was alive for the last four years, and this questioning of others perception is just such tired tactic.

No sir, YOU do not–the thing required is experience and first hand knowledge and an open mind, and williingness to be consistent.

It’s not everyone else’s perception.

I’m aware of that, the person she put in charge of it was hand picked by Pelosi, let’s hope it is fair and impartial, but it’s DC and politics will play a part in that. If we are being honest.

Nearly all Senate and House investigations are a way of trying to tell the public they are looking into things they just eventually bury.

Where are the answers? No, not those answers that haven’t come out yet, they’re rigged! :sweat_smile:

10-4, over and out!

1 Like

:cricket:

I think Parler is back up and running if you’re into this kind of posting. Take a walk.

1 Like

:grinning: I had a neighbour bring around her child recently, her daughters grades in math were falling and she was worried she had a learning problem.

Sat with her for 10 or 15 minutes while she did her homework, turns out the math was fine, her reasoning was fine, just was in too much of a hurry to finish the problem she mae silly mistakes along the way, common sense ones which she should have caught if she took just a couple of seconds longer.

Told the mother her daughters math was fine, just get her a notebook to do the working out (they only provided a tiny space in the workbook an the teacher had said all they want was the answer not the working out) and to double check her work each step of the way and she would be fine.

Whoa, you guys have open schools? Sounds like your country is on the ball.

Had several parties over the Chinese new year with a dozen or so people over, no one was wearing a mask.

We wear a mask on public transport though, or public buildings, most of the time.

That’s cool. Over here 450,000 people have died of Covid (40% preventable) and we still don’t have open schools yet, and everyone is waiting on vaccine distribution. Nobody can go to a party or a bar. So you can maybe understand that the gripes here arent’ first and foremost with the NYT editing staff.

Know what I’m saying?

If Parler is for people who post about crickets, just remember:

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. Brains are funny. I used to play a lot of chess with a PhD classmate and he was slightly better, sometimes he got annoyed that I took my time even though he won more often than not. One night I was tired of being rushed so I downloaded a speed chess app and proceeded to whoop him every game. We never played with it again, he never rushed me again. It works for impeachments and online arguments as well, if we rush too fast we might end up hurting our own causes…

1 Like