Let's talk about Trump

Meh. Obama got Osama, Trump got Baghdadi. More people had heard of bin Laden, but politically it didn’t help Obama all that much; this will have even less effect.

1 Like

So you from W or E coast of Canada?

1 Like

Another “Devil” killed with no body.
In other words like the Osama killing it was complete utter bullshit.
This is the 7th time this one died.
I had hoped Trump was better than this.

1 Like

If these things are fake, then the so-called pullout of troops from Syria interfered with nothing.

If these things are real, then the so-called pullout of troops from Syria didn’t prevent something.

Again: it was a setup. And it worked.

LOL, c’mon. You seen Osama around lately? If this one’s alive he’ll pop up.

1 Like

:joy:

I mean, if his actions, ignoring his own advisors, help ISIS, how is he not aligned with them? Pentagon confirmed it already, old news.

> The report specifically said President Donald Trump’s decision to rapidly draw down troops in Syria and pull diplomatic staff from Iraq increased instability and allowed the militants to regroup.

Here we go again with your BS. Always stretching the truth lol. Another swing for the fence that whiffs. Trump getting our troops out is a bad thing now. Not just bad…it’s aligning himself with ISIS…do you listen to the ridiculousness of what comes out of your mouth? If Trump sent more troops you’d be on him as well.

But lets just get this clear. Do you want to send more American soldiers into Syria? Yes or No.

We are having more success using our intellegence services and special forces in operations to take out leaders of ISIS. There are always going to radicals if you haven’t noticed. Killing them costs lives and is never ending. Killing anyone who can lead them makes more sense. ISIS lives in shitholes, who cares if these inbred goat fuckers gather together. Easier to bomb.

It’s not a good look for you when I post a quote based on a Pentagon report and you call it a lie.

I’m not an expert on the middle east. Neither is Trump. He’s not even close. So if I were president, I’d defer to the advice of advisors who have a whole career of military service and expertise under their belts.

Kinda like how I don’t know much about plumbing so I don’t tell a plumber in my house which pipes to rip out. Common sense stuff.

2 Likes

You really don’t get it, do you? You said Trump has aligned himself with ISIS…that is clearly a ridiculous lie. I can’t tell if you’re dead serious or you are knowingly stretching the truth.

You still didn’t answer. DO you want to send more troops into Syria?

Nope, the Pentagon said it. If your actions help someone, that’s the exact same effect as aligning with them. Aligning just means helping.

I already answered, apparently you didn’t read. Military actions and effects are more nuanced than ‘war bad’. Experts know this, Trump chooses to ignore their advice.

mups is putting himself on the same side as the neocons

4 Likes

Do you want to send more troops to Syria. You have the report, read it. I’ll make it easier for you.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I have the ability to walk and chew gum at the same time. For example, I was strongly against the war in Iraq, after seeing the UN farce.

At the same time, I know it’s idiotic to throw the baby out with the bathwater and then discount the expertise of, I guess, everyone at the Pentagon. People who have served a lifetime with experience in regards to military scenarios, once again.

If those are the people you want to take a stand against, I wish you the bestest of luck. I’m sure you would totally walk into a bar with a room full of generals, listen to their takes, and laugh them off. Sounds totally plausible. :sweat_smile:

I wonder if he will say yes just because he hates Trump so much.

Answer a simple question. Do you believe we should send more troops into Syria.

How has these people done so far with the middle east? A fuck disaster at every turn. Every action lead to worse unintended consequences. Fake WMDs, fake reports on Saddam, etc. I really don’t trust the advice of them all that much after 2 fucking decades and a few dead friends and my best friend still there.

1 Like

Emotion, I’d argue, is not the best thing to lean on if you’re trying to make a logical argument for policy.

What can I tell you Andrew, I’m not a middle eastern, or military expert. So I choose not to sound like some arrogant, armchair clown. That is just me.

wait… I’ve heard this somewhere before…
oh yeah, “you’re either with us or against us”

Laughing off the opinion of military experts because someone in the past was incompetent, this is exactly the kind of binary thinking you’re referring to. Military decisions are not binary, they are not black and white, are not as simple as ‘with us or against us’.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with being vigilant and critical of actions that are taken. As I mentioned, I watched the UN Iraq presentation in full. I educated myself fully on that war. Which is why I formed an opinion on it, against it strongly.

But what you are arguing, what Trump I guess is thinking/arguing, is, someone not you in the past did x, so I shouldn’t listen to your idea y. That is patently absurd.

Would you argue that because some doctors perform malpractice, we should dismiss every other doctor and be advised on health by people who didn’t attend medical school? Of course you wouldn’t. Yet here you are, people like yourself and Andrew making the exact same argument for Trump regarding his military advisors in the Pentagon.

You guys are embarrassing yourselves, imo.

nahhh.
we just learn lessons well. you like being continually bit by military men with agendas (to fight, let boys get blown up by IEDs, and never seek peace)