Let's talk about Trump

I’ve never thought of you as an optimist.

Think of it more as an open question, with potential future ironic humor. :grinning:

Trump interview talks economy as a way of gaining ground in ‘22.

1 Like

Rumble has roughly 30 million monthly users and has grown its user base by 10% month over month, said Rumble founder Chris Pavlovski last month. That’s up from 800,000 monthly visits in August, per the Wall Street Journal.

Rumble has sued Google for antitrust violations in federal court and recently scored a large undisclosed investment from a group including billionaire Peter Thiel and conservative author J.D. Vance. Mr. Thiel, founder of PayPal and Facebook’s first outside investor, supported Mr. Trump‘s first presidential bid and Mr. Vance is considering running for the Republican nomination for a U.S. Senate seat from Ohio.

That’s some solid backing.

1 Like

Trump is back and banging the same drum.

“If you had told me a year ago when this stuff was at the Supreme Court that this is what it would ultimately be about, I would have said, ‘Oh,” said Benjamin Wittes, who helms Lawfare, a legal website with ties to the Brookings Institution.

You mean, it could have simply been political tomfuckery?

Speaking of Vance:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/01/jd_vance_announces_run_republicans_dont_care_about_voters_they_think_theyre_bigoted_or_stupid.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/03/trump_the_left_wants_to_replace_jefferson_memorial_with_monument_of_al_sharpton.html

:roll:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/03/trump_exposing_the_media_as_corrupt_will_go_down_as_one_of_my_greatest_achievements.html

All from the Sarasota hooterall.

Can’t hardly tell what’s satire when people report on Trump. Sheesh.

The horse’s mouth doesn’t help.

A very interesting thread on the political shenanigans of the Trump years.

2 Likes

I read that earlier, I think that accurately describes the majority of Republican supporters.

Which is to say it doesn’t matter what the current GOP say or do now and it doesn’t matter what the media are saying, there is zero trust of either and as far as the entire intelligence agencies are concerned they are all absolutely corrupt. Plus there is no chance they ever go back to their previous thinking again, ever.

1 Like

I’d take this further to include a lot of other people of different political persuasions and affiliations (or no affiliations) as well. Basically anyone who had their eyes open (ideological blinders off) over the past four or five years. I know plenty of Democrats who have also become aware that the country’s political institutions and media are corrupt to the core. Not too many people with solutions though.

1 Like

None of that is news to me. I read Lee Smith’s book way back.

Ties things together nicely though.

The interesting thing is the preplanned “protests.” That’s so close to yelling fire…I mean, it was starting fires eventually, but…yeah.

Ongoing developments with regards to that.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if this should go in the media thread or here, but here I am, so

And he coulda been a contender… :grin:

2 Likes

Specifically, it is alleged that this settlement overture was made by the Fusion GPS lawyer before discovery allowed each side a look at the other’s “internals.”

That is very telling. But you have to know what “discovery” is to get it.

HODL!

We have a feeling that Fusion GPS (or its attorneys… or both) are feeling the heat. There are nearly 500 critically important documents that Fusion GPS has allegedly improperly kept from the other side.

All it takes is one.