Let's talk about Trump

Why not? YOLO!

Indeed, we’ve known destroying Trump was what they intended to do since about 5 minutes after his 2016 victory over Hillary Clinton. FAFO indeed.

and destroy him they will, is a safe bet.

I’d bet against it. Money talks, and talks loudly in the justice system.

He’s the white Al Sharpton now. Off to where the poor white people need branded representation to raise money.

You’re suggesting his trip to East Palestine where he brought some supplies was done because of the color of the residents skin? It’s self promotional and since the Biden administration wasn’t doing anything brought attention to that, but that’s a pretty low blow.

Everything with that guy is.

“We’re going to have the best adoptions, all the colors from the best seed. Yer just going to run to them and give them a big smoocher.”

Tick tock, dickhead.

1 Like

Ha. :banana:

1 Like

Is his document appropriation worse/equal/not worse than sitting president’s document appropriation?

Trump getting indicted left and right and in NY and FL. Left must be running scared about his 2024 primary and then election chances.

It’d be funny if his poll numbers go up on this.

2 Likes

Why? There’s no reason to think January 6th etc. makes him more electable, and he lost the last election.

If anything, Trump winning the Republican nomination is good for the Democrats. The last thing they want is a challenger that the center might take seriously

Yes, very strange indeed, it would be. If that happens

96% approval rating inside his own party when he left office.
Election discourse being suffocated so that all conversations are about Trump.
Donald using the opportunity to soften the edges around DeSantis’ bid (construction boss VS war hero narrative).
Biden being accused of weaponising the DOJ to hobble his biggest rival.
Donald launching a fresh round of campaign donation requests off the back of the indictment.
A very very strong chance this won’t go to court until 2025.

I think Donald is probably quite happy with the way things are going right now.

How about now?

The classified documents Trump stored in his boxes included information regarding defense and weapons capabilities of both the United States and foreign countries; United States nuclear programs; potential vulnerabilities of the United States and its allies to military attack; and plans for possible retaliation in response to a foreign attack,” the indictment says.

I don’t listen to, or read American news. It’s too emotional. I prefer to get it translated into British. It makes more sense once it’s all been filtered through a British lense. Over here we think Donald is doing just fine.

It’s old doddery Joe we are worried about. Although I do approve of his green plans and how they are making Incy Wincey Rishi squirm in his tiny cowboy boots. Allow the free market to take the lead on tackling climate issues? Inconceivable to an old rat bastard like Sunak.

2 Likes

That may change real soon.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/4042968-five-major-revelations-from-trumps-federal-indictment/

Trump, like the rest of us who aren’t insiders, is in big trouble for merely being in possession of classified material. If he were a member of the Swamp he’d be okay though because for them merely being in possession of classified material is okay. They can even be extremely careless with them. It has to be proven that they acted with “criminal intent” for them to be prosecuted for being in possession of classified material.

“In July, FBI director James Comey announced that the FBI investigation had concluded that Clinton had been “extremely careless” but recommended that no charges be filed because Clinton did not act with criminal intent the historical standard for pursuing prosecution.”

“To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.” — former FBI Director James Comey

3 Likes

Bullshit. He was told to return the docs. He did to he asked his lawyers and aids to lose it for him. This is self inflicted.

1 Like

Trump broke the law. So did Clinton.

Trump’s legal defense will be along the lines that, as president, he had ultimate authority to classify and declassify information. That’s not “criminal intent.” That’s stupidity. What’s bogus is that he and Clinton are being held to different legal standards. He’s being held to the correct legal standard. The one we, the little people would be held to in similar circumstances. The made-up “criminal intent” standard Clinton was “held to” was insider trading.

I’m reading from some but they have yet to do a full analysis who are saying the case isn’t even about classified documents. At least it doesn’t rest on that, I will update later.

So, whether he could or couldn’t declassify may be irrelevant. Which would make sense, because if that is what their case was going to rest on, there’s a good chance they would lose.

1 Like