Let's talk about Trump

I agree with this to a point. That significant numbers of Republicans themselves are speaking up about it now is a pretty clear indication that that point has been passed :2cents:

What are the implications of a Trump presidency for Taiwan?

Considering Trumpsā€™s views:

1. ā€œweā€™re going to make our military so strong that nobody, Nobody, is going to mess with usā€
  2. Japan can go nuclear. Korea can go nuclearā€¦ At least they should reimburse the cost.
  3. ā€œweā€™re going to get along just fineā€ - referring to Putin and possibly Xi.
  4. ā€œI like himā€ - referring to Putin and possibly Xi.

When US economy goes kaput and engages in a civil war, China will embolden and swallow us up without a burp, then make all those who have slightened it in the past pay - there goes Japan, Korea, and the rest of the gang. China will need a war to keep a grip on its citizens when its economy sufferes from the global crank from the brakes in the US, and its investments in the US collapse one after another. It will be heavily in turmoil for starters from all the Chinese with homes and families and lives in US going back to China, inflation, real estate shooting up even more, etc. Taiwan will be a useful distraction and a welcome haven.

Damm Icon, I didnā€™t think we could get any more scary than Hillaryā€™s prediction of a president Hitler, nuclear war and another holocaust, but i think you may have taken fear to a whole new level.

No hay por donde.

Insecure people are the most dangerous. You have most people voting for Trump not because of his skills or accomplishments, but what he promises to do, which is a macho stance on foreign politics. When you have someone arguing why the country with the biggest army in the world has to go about pussyfooting in foreign affairs, and why donā€™t we bomb them to hell and solve thsi thing so our boys can come home, you have a problem. When you have that same person in control of the codes and with a happy trigger on the red button, you know your goose is cooked.

When you have a country divided in working poor and heavily in debt, with corporations running rampant and racial strife unsurmountable, but instead of pacifying you decide to add gasoline and nitro to the fire, you have a problem. It is typical of the US to go through periods of isolation. This time it might not be self imposed.

To be honest, with all the hate rethoric, I really thought Obama would have bought the farm a long time ago. The rest of the world looks at a place that consumes what is it, 70% of world resources, yet deposes rulers based on BJs and the color of their skin/birth debate, and shake our collective heads. With all those resources, it should be the best of us, the future where the rest is headed. If that is true, I think we should switch to a Google navigator because this Apple one is leading us stray.

People arenā€™t voting for Trump because they want America to project force. Trump is an isolationist at heart. Does anyone think that Trump would make a good leader for foreign affairs? Even his own base might have questions.
They are voting for him because they think heā€™ll stick it to the big parties domestically.

While I do understand the need to ā€œstick it to the manā€, and waking up the establishment, there is a limit. In that case, yes, Trump has fulfilled his role. Enough is enough. Th ejoke has gone too far. Letting this kind of man have so much power and letting him govern through temper tandrums like a spoiled 2 year old is way too dangerous. This is not spiting oneā€™s nose level of debauchery, it is rather jump off a cliff because you donā€™t buy me a Prada bag psycho xiaji level of not thinking about the consequences. And those would be dire. If having Trump in power is not bad enough, the number of puppeteers lining up for their turn at the helm sticking their hand up his ā€¦ derriere is long and scary. Equally bad is the number of wolves posing as lapdogs under the table. Bad, bad times ahead.

Why do you think he has fulfilled his role? Itā€™s true we see the corrupt political system more clearly than ever before, the republican elites interest are no different to the Democrat elites and yes we see republican leaders showing their colors by going after Trump giving Hillary a boost. We also see a biased media more clearly before as they desperately try every smear tactic they can to derail Trump. In fact not just Trump, Bernie got the same bullshit from the DNC to the media who were adding super delegate counts who called the race a day before the Californians got to vote.

Are you not sick of the lies, the corruption and bullshit. Even today after a tragic shooting at a gay nightclub, Obama/Clinton couldnā€™t say what everyone suspected 3 seconds after hearing the news, that it was related to radical Islam. It seems they just canā€™t seem to bring themselves to spit out some truths like Gay people are not liked by radical Islam, they have been throwing people off buildings for quite a while, Saudi Arabia has a law for killing gays and this ideology is spreading.

[quote=ā€œIconā€]
Letting this kind of man have so much power and letting him govern through temper tandrums like a spoiled 2 year old is way too dangerous. This is not spiting oneā€™s nose level of debauchery, it is rather jump off a cliff because you donā€™t buy me a Prada bag psycho xiaji level of not thinking about the consequences. And those would be dire.[/quote]

The whole middle east is in the worst mess I can remember, in no small part because of Clinton. Give Trump the nuclear football to wave around with one hand while he pounds on Hillarys reset button with the other, Im beyond caring about ā€œTrumps a big scary monsterā€ rhetoric. The Clintons and Bushes have fucked up the economy, fucked up peace and stability and hardly even to pretend to serve in the interests of the population they are supposed to care about and they lie, so blatantly, even to the faces of the relatives of loved ones killed while serving their country and you trust these guys? I wouldnā€™t trust them to boil an egg.

[quote=ā€œIconā€]
If having Trump in power is not bad enough, the number of puppeteers lining up for their turn at the helm sticking their hand up his ā€¦ derriere is long and scary. Equally bad is the number of wolves posing as lapdogs under the table. Bad, bad times ahead.[/quote]

Seriously? You worried about Trump peddling influence for what? Money? I think hes got plenty of that. Clinton on the other hand, Saudi Arabia and countries like Qatar got arms for donations to the Clinton Foundations (allegedly) Russian firms got uranium for donations to the Clinton Foundation (allegedly), Clinton is owned by corporations, She is as corrupt as they come. Sheā€™s proposing a no fly zone in Sryia, shes one bad idea after the next, and with the Russians flying around its not an exaggeration to say thatā€™s the sort of shit that starts WWIII.

Maybe they just see how unfit and dangerous he is, and are telling it like it is?

Which one is worse? President Obama who is too politically correct, or President Trump who is a racist hateful asshole? Sure Obama will likely be too pc about it and gloss over it. But at least he wonā€™t say Muslims are evil and should be banned from the US.

Not many people disagree with your take on the corruption of the Clintons and Bushes. Yes, itā€™s been bad on so many levels, and in some cases criminal. I guess the thing that you fail to see is, there are levels of worse. So while I agree with you Clinton is likely bad news for the country and I wish Bernie won, itā€™s not even a question in my mind that Trump is worse.

Why canā€™t there be worse? I know itā€™s super tired and cliche to mention this but it does have a practical parallel in 2016. Germany sucked before Hitler, and people at that time really did think how bad could this new revolutionary really be? Certainly not worse than what we have now right? Well, question answered. WORSE !

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
Maybe they just see how unfit and dangerous he is, and are telling it like it is?[/quote]

:laughing: No Brent. Another day and another time we can discuss the media.

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
Which one is worse? President Obama who is too politically correct, or President Trump who is a racist hateful asshole? Sure Obama will likely be too pc about it and gloss over it. But at least he wonā€™t say Muslims are evil and should be banned from the US.[/quote]

He didnā€™t say Muslims are evil, your position must be very weak if you need to make stuff up. He called for a temporary ban on Muslims until ā€œwe can figure out what the hell is going onā€. Obmama/Hillary on the other hand, ā€œnothing is going on, look over there a squirrel and transgender toiletsā€.

Yeah, Im pretty sure Trump is right, something is going on, what could it be?     

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
Not many people disagree with your take on the corruption of the Clintons and Bushes. Yes, itā€™s been bad on so many levels, and in some cases criminal. I guess the thing that you fail to see is, there are levels of worse. So while I agree with you Clinton is likely bad news for the country and I wish Bernie won, itā€™s not even a question in my mind that Trump is worse.

Why canā€™t there be worse? I know itā€™s super tired and cliche to mention this but it does have a practical parallel in 2016. Germany sucked before Hitler, and people at that time really did think how bad could this new revolutionary really be? Certainly not worse than what we have now right? Well, question answered. WORSE ![/quote]

Trump = Hitler again? Plus Trump is a racist. I hope the left have more than that, because thatā€™s not going to be enough to win the election, even if Hillary has a vagina.

Trump said in plain English, Mexicans in this country are rapists, murderers, and gun runners. And some, ā€œI assumeā€ are good people.

Trump said in plain English, a Mexican is not fit to preside over his case, BECAUSE heā€™s of Mexican heritage. Born in America of course, but Mexican heritage disqualifies him from being a judge.

No, heā€™s not racist. Heā€™s awesome right Mick?

[quote=ā€œMickā€]He didnā€™t say Muslims are evil, your position must be very weak if you need to make stuff up. He called for a temporary ban on Muslims until ā€œwe can figure out what the hell is going onā€. Obmama/Hillary on the other hand, ā€œnothing is going on, look over there a squirrel and transgender toiletsā€.

Yeah, Im pretty sure Trump is right, something is going on, what could it be? [/quote]

Itā€™s truly unbelievable that youā€™re ok with him saying that. Not only ok with it, repeating it as if it represents your views. Oh no he didnā€™t say anything hateful, he just said we should ban an entire religious group of one quarter of the worlds population until Mr Trump can have a real think on the subject. :astonished:

As you are well aware, Iā€™m as anti Islamist as anybody and have talked at length about my issues with Islamists and the problems that set of messed up religious beliefs continue to bring to the world. But just FYI Mick, Muslim doesnā€™t mean Islamist. A temporary ban on all Muslims? Youā€™re ok with a potential future President to call for a ban on a religion? Trump and his supporters truly are bringing shameful days on the country.

You donā€™t like my Hitler reference (which is quite fitting actually) fine, how about Japanese internment camps? Ringing a bell? Oh no we donā€™t hate Japanese people. Of course we canā€™t have them freely roaming the streets, but no we donā€™t hate them. Weā€™ll just gather them up and put them all up in a sweet little camp until we have a real think on the issues.

You know what they say about not learning from Historyā€¦

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
Trump said in plain English, Mexicans in this country are rapists, murderers, and gun runners. And some, ā€œI assumeā€ are good people.[/quote]

Heā€™s talking about illegal immigration, something you fail to note in youā€™re not very accurate but common representation of ā€œfactsā€.

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
Trump said in plain English, a Mexican is not fit to preside over his case, BECAUSE heā€™s of Mexican heritage. Born in America of course, but Mexican heritage disqualifies him from being a judge.[/quote]

Remember Michael Brown and the black community questioning if a white prosecutor could be fair and impartial, I donā€™t recall a peep out of anyone, and this was someone who had no instances or ties or any reason to suspect he was racist, but hey, itā€™s ok for the black community to suggest heā€™s racist because of the color of his skin. This judge, who sponsored illegal immigrants, had numerous ties to organisations which are Mexican including la Raza association of lawyers, not to be confused with the hate and supremisist group la raza which is linked to on their website. As usual you tend to leave out a lot of relevant information.

Never said heā€™s awesome, I donā€™t think hes a fraction the racist the left is portraying him to be either.

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
Itā€™s truly unbelievable that youā€™re ok with him saying that. Not only ok with it, repeating it as if it represents your views. Oh no he didnā€™t say anything hateful, he just said we should ban an entire religious group of one quarter of the worlds population until Mr Trump can have a real think on the subject. :astonished: [/quote]

What I do know is saying ā€œIslam is the religion of peaceā€ and claiming all these acts of terror have nothing to do with Islam is not working. Trump wants a conversation and all the left has provided thus far is ā€œraciiiiistā€ I expect more, especially when you look at travel advisories to many of these countries like Pakistan that basically say ā€œdont go there, you have a high risk of being killed or kidnapped because youre an Americanā€ but if you raise the question ā€œif itā€™s too dangerous for an American to go to Pakistan, should we worry about people of Pakistan coming to America?ā€ youā€™re a racist.

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
As you are well aware, Iā€™m as anti Islamist as anybody and have talked at length about my issues with Islamists and the problems that set of messed up religious beliefs continue to bring to the world. But just FYI Mick, Muslim doesnā€™t mean Islamist. A temporary ban on all Muslims? Youā€™re ok with a potential future President to call for a ban on a religion? Trump and his supporters truly are bringing shameful days on the country. [/quote]

For the record Im not anti Islam or Muslim, people who wish to follow their faith and allow other people to do the same are fine by me. I draw the line when they espouse the idea that they can dictate what religion a person should choose or if they are not of the right sexuality they should be killed.

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€]
You donā€™t like my Hitler reference (which is quite fitting actually) fine, how about Japanese internment camps? Ringing a bell? Oh no we donā€™t hate Japanese people. Of course we canā€™t have them freely roaming the streets, but no we donā€™t hate them. Weā€™ll just gather them up and put them all up in a sweet little camp until we have a real think on the issues.

You know what they say about not learning from Historyā€¦[/quote]

I donā€™t mind your Hitler reference, it reflects more on you than anything else. Look, Im not going to be some apologist for Trump while you make up and distort facts, but talking about internment camps and Hitler is just nonsense. Trump has certainly made some comments I disagree with 100%. On climate change he seems to be a loon, on torture and terrorists families very wrong, yeah, banning Muslims entering the US is completely wrong, but a conversation regarding some places which have been increasingly moving to radical Islam and how to screen them properly is a conversation that is needed. How you do that when the left is saying ā€œitā€™s got nothing to do with Islamā€ I donā€™t know.

Well, weā€™re not completely off topic yet, but thereā€™s a risk of this devolving into a thread about Brentā€™s militant ignorance, and how he manages to make The Donald look good by comparison.

Thereā€™s a point of diminishing returns when debating someone whoā€™s in denial. Anyone who in this day and age thinks the government has our best interests at heart is a schmuck of the first order.

Yeah remember that other case involving literally nothing to do with anything weā€™re talking about? Remember those black people that said racist things once? So your point is that the Michael Brown case makes Donald Trumps racism acceptable? :roflmao:

Trump said that the judge canā€™t be impartial because heā€™s Mexican. Thereā€™s no nuance here. Even tea party Republicans across the board were like, woah, wait a second, even for us thatā€™s way out of line. You are the only person Iā€™ve heard that is trying to defend his statement. Just denounce the statement already, it was horrible. Nobody but you is attempting to find the nuance. It was blatantly racist and wrong, period.

It could be that you just havenā€™t paid much attention to the horrible things he says daily, or perhaps thereā€™s other reasons you canā€™t see his racism. But Mick, he is a racist, overt and in plain English. Heā€™s too racist for the tea party Republicans. But hey, Donald had a hard time denouncing David Duke so I guess youā€™re in good company.

Oh myā€¦ You think Trump is asking for a ā€œconversationā€ :roflmao: Heā€™s asking for a nation wide ban on Muslims, the religion. It ainā€™t splitting hairs Mick, thatā€™s radically different than a conversation.

Say it with me Mick, Islamists. ā€œSomeā€ Islamists do that, MUSLIMS do not. Asking for a nationwide ban on Muslims is fucking atrocious for a potential future President of the United States and is an absolutely disqualifying statement for the position of commander and chief and upholder of the constitution. You canā€™t ban a religion from the United States, period, full stop, end of conversation.

So wait, the guy whoā€™s a loon on climate change, torture, going after wives and children of terrorists, banning a religion from the US, talking shit about Mexicans (yes even American born educated judges) is bad, but good, but you disagree, but you kind of agree, but heā€™s horrible, but ainā€™t that bad, but it could be worse?

And for the record, a ban on Muslims is exactly like Japanese interment camps because even retarded Republicans who think snowballs disprove climate change are saying thereā€™s no way to logistically do it. Which means, internment camps until Mr. Trump has had a good think on the subject.

Agreed, itā€™s needed. Profiling is not a bad word in my opinion, itā€™s just wisdom. Using knowledge, experience, and intelligence to identify potential risks is not racism, itā€™s wisdom. So yes, obviously we need to do better at screening for potential threats. Is there anybody on planet earth who says we shouldnā€™t be better at screening? Who exactly are you talking about that is against this opinion? Iā€™ve not met anyone.

HOW we screen, thatā€™s a conversation. But doing better at screening for threats? You think thats controversial or disputed?

By intelligently pointing out their errors in ways they can understand. But you certainly shouldnā€™t combat regressive liberals by going the complete opposite direction and trying to out crazy them. Liberals in general are wrong about Islam. You are on the right side of that argument. But attacking it the way you do, and Trump attacking it the way he does, makes you look doubly wrong and twice as radical as the people you are against.

I listen to Obama and wonder, why canā€™t he just say it? But what I donā€™t do is say, why canā€™t Obama just ban Muslims. :astonished:

[quote=ā€œBrentGolfā€] Nobody but you is attempting to find the nuance. It was blatantly racist and wrong, period.
[/quote]

Thereā€™s plenty of people pointing out the hypocrisy of the left, but I suspect you only read articles or watch the stations that confirm your bias, good read from Scott Adams (Dilbert creator) The Robot Judge

Hereā€™s Monica Crowley presenting the facts. You seem to have a tendency to seem astonished there is an opinion that would disagree with you on just about any topic. A smiley here and there and OMG how can anyone disagree with what I said it s so obvious, is not a very convincing argument, especially when you bring up comments that Trump made about Mexicans leaving out the entire topic and reason he was discussing them in the first place. Thats not even making an attempt to engage in debate and frankly its too much work to even to get you to state the facts as they actually happen, let alone discuss merits or faults or nuance.

Playing the race card is what the democrats do, they would have played it no matter who was the Republican nominee and regardless of if it had merit or not. With Trump they get to play it a bit more than they usually do due to his incendiary remarks.

I said it before: Christie knows thereā€™s a truckload of indictments rolling down the Jersey Turnpike, and the only way he can see out of it is kissing Donaldā€™s butt enough to get appointed Attorney-General and try to build a roadblock.

[quote=ā€œMikeNā€]
I said it before: Christie knows thereā€™s a truckload of indictments rolling down the Jersey Turnpike, and the only way he can see out of it is kissing Donaldā€™s butt enough to get appointed Attorney-General and try to build a roadblock.[/quote]

By that logic, Bubbette should be doing the same.

[quote=ā€œrowlandā€][quote=ā€œMikeNā€]
I said it before: Christie knows thereā€™s a truckload of indictments rolling down the Jersey Turnpike, and the only way he can see out of it is kissing Donaldā€™s butt enough to get appointed Attorney-General and try to build a roadblock.[/quote]

By that logic, Bubbette should be doing the same.[/quote]

No need. Getting elected president is the ultimate get-out-jail-free card. Itā€™s so potent itā€™s possible to flout several cardinal rules for dealing with classified government data and still keep your top secret security clearance.

Iā€™m sorry, but that clip is completely void of substance. A judge born in the United States is not fit to preside over a Trump case? Why, because he donated money to democrats? Mick, so does Trump. Because heā€™s proud of his family heritage and helps out financially? I hope, so is Trump.

So heā€™s a Democrat of Mexican heritage and has donated money to both democrats and latino groups. So what? Oh I get it, Trumpā€™s special. His daddy was rich. Trumpā€™s allowed to donate to democrats and itā€™s meaningless and forgotten. But an American judge of Mexican heritage? Itā€™s a political witch hunt!

Trump is losing his case because he scammed people out of their money, not because the judge is of Mexican descent. Thereā€™s levels to how far you can defend racist comments before the old birds of a feather comes upā€¦

Pathetic, now you are implying Iā€™m racist. I have to mod this forum and canā€™t reply as I would like to, I donā€™t want to get into a flame war which I would have to self moderate either.