Let's talk about Trump

Those criticizing Trump here and AOC (laughable again as she critiqued him for having troops there recently), were you supporters of Bush and Obama blowing to shit out of countries for regime change where the ramifications are still reverberating and will be for decades to come.
The only reason there were US troops there was to prevent Syria occupying parts of its own country.
The goal of the likes of Lindsey Graham, Obama, Clinton et al was to turn Syria into a non-functioning state to allow regime change which would turn it into another 10 year civil war.
And note those criticizing Trump give a pass to Turkey.

1 Like

I just donā€™t give a shit about the Middle East anymore. US has enough oil supplies and should slowly come off oil anyways. Their culture is garbage, their religion is garbage, they have no industry and if they did religious zealots killed it, they donā€™t really want or have a democratic spirit from what Iā€™ve seen.

Let them kill each other for a while. Bring back the troops.

2 Likes

Yeah but part of that ā€˜let them kill each otherā€™ situation involves massive civilian populations being killed and a humanitarian crisis. We just sentenced our allies to death.

Has been happening long before US troops and will continue to happen when they leave. Nothings change besides American soldiers dying in a shit hole dessert. The ME does not want our help, I have zero reason to believe they even want democracy and freedom. Their culture is still primitive and stabilized by warlords and dictators. Us taking them out has made thing worse. They are tribal to the core. Nothing we can do to change that.

I have no problem with the idea of troop withdrawl and agree with you it is necessary. But the sudden withdrawal seems unhinged. McConnell and the GOP are furious for a reaaon.

Also, anyone from any culture can find something primitive in another culture. They may say the same about us. That doesnā€™t excuse poor leadership from the executive branch.

I picked a very specific aspect to why being there doesnā€™t work. They are tribal and weā€™ve seen evidence of how overthrowing dictators and warlords for democracy has failed. They donā€™t want it.

I donā€™t disagree with the ā€˜doesnā€™t workā€™ part. But you have to remember the reason we are there is that previous instability from US wars threw the whole region into turmoil, and the conflicts there lingered. We had an active role in making the problems they have over there, and promised the Kurds our support. They betrayed that word, knowing civilian populations would get bulldozed. We also just handed Putin, ISIS, and Assad a win. Not good.

All the more reason to leave. We canā€™t help them and we make things worse when we try.

How do you propose we defeat ISIS anyways? Kill one and two more become radicalized. Thereā€™s no hope with that religion. ISIS is closer to the teachings and actions of Mohammad and the original caliphate than anything else. Itā€™s Islam in the true form. Itā€™s not radical.

1 Like

If so, then why did we just abandon our allies fighting against Islamic terrorists in the region?

I agree we canā€™t win there. This was not the way to go about withdrawing our forces there. Trump is a weak leader, and Putin and Assad know it and are taking advantage of it.

G7 leaders swarm around him as much as they want to hate him on Twitter lol. Takes on China when everyone presidential candidate failed on that promise. So weak.

It just shows your personal bias against any decision he makes no matter what.

The same way I watch Democrats flip flop on war. Your orange man bad ideology is predictable now.

1 Like

ā€˜Orange man badā€™ is another cop out for his true believer fanboys that will defend his failed leadership no matter what. What good has this botched trade war done? It just hurts the American middle class and poor. Heā€™s a failure abroad and domestically, and unhinged.

I want to say orange man good. if orange man do good i say orange man good. Right now orange man very bad president, so we say orange man very bad. Capisci bene?

Did you just see how China tried to bully the NBA? Billions of dollars are lost due to IP theft to China. Fentanyl is killing the middle class and poor. So yeah, think bigger and long term. Short term pains are worth it.

So you donā€™t agree with AOC? On her website lol

Alexandria believes that we must end the ā€œforever warā€ by bringing our troops home, and ending the air strikes that perpetuate the cycle of terrorism throughout the world.

https://ocasio2018.com/issues

This is the only thing I agree with her basically and to see her flip flop because trump is doing it just shows me whatā€™s she and the Democrats are about now. Canā€™t think of a better time to vote republican for the first time.

I donā€™t pay much attention to AOC. Iā€™m in Jersey, not my district or state even.

Trumpā€™s bungled China the way heā€™s bungled everything else. Heā€™s incompetent. Do you think China fears him at all? Xi, Assad, Putin running circles around him. How far do you allow things to unravel before you acknowledge he is unfit? Is there a line when it isnā€™t everyone elseā€™s fault?

Yes. Seeing Chinese reports about him compared to Obama, thereā€™s a clear difference in how they talk about him as much as they hate him now.

Hate him but donā€™t fear him as a leader. Xi owns Trump and we all know it. So does Putin. Trump has weakened the US abroad and domestically.

The NBA thing is everything wrong with our political world, in a nutshell. Daryl Morey did the right thing. That whole thing is depressing.

:joy:

Doesnā€™t even make sense. What kind of mental twist do you do to believe this?

Tell me,

Youā€™re ok with Chinese pressure on US businesses and how unfair theyā€™re treated in the Chinese market.

Youā€™re ok with billions of IP theft that could be in the US economy and Beijingā€™s unwillingness to uphold any IP laws.

Youā€™re ok with current fentanyl crisis which is all coming from China and now Mexico became Chinese set up shop there now with customs tightening on Chinese shipments. I have first hand knowledge from people the Mexico thing is happening and will be a bigger problem with Chinese now trying to get their products in.

Iā€™m not ok with any of it.

3 Likes

Why do you assume Iā€™m ok with those things? Because Iā€™m not sold on Trumpā€™s effectiveness as a leader in stopping any of it? If youā€™re arguing Chinaā€™s govt is sucky, no argument there. They are.

Because you seem to be unwilling to put pressure on China to stop these things. The US already tried soft negotiations during Bush and Obama on IP issues and nothing has changed.

2 Likes

There are some problems you handle with military force and some you handle with diplomacy. The constant military tough talk is foolish. Taiwan, like the rest of the world, was far better off under Obama than it is now.

Weā€™ve tried diplomacy for the last 2 administrations and got nowhere soā€¦itā€™s insane.

And no, Taiwan is better off with Trump. Most Taiwanese seems to agree.

2 Likes