Lian Zhan: Murder the President

Okay if these guys are really from the Old KMT cadres. What’s CSB still doing alive? Aren’t these the guys who ran White Terror on Taiwan?

If Lien gave the hidden message to the Old White Terror crew don’t you think CSB and his family would be gone by now on Taiwan. Even a mainland illegal immigrant can graze CSB on Taiwan, you think the White Terror crew would be less effective?

I guess when Lien uses vague or veiled speech, his supporters can make whatever they want out of it… no matter how calm or rational they may be.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
If Lien gave the hidden message to the Old White Terror crew don’t you think CSB and his family would be gone by now on Taiwan. Even a mainland illegal immigrant can graze CSB on Taiwan, you think the White Terror crew would be less effective?[/quote]

Lian Zhan is a male Anette Lu… Want him for president? :astonished:.

If you really want to know, the term - as stated by a few other posters above - does indeed mean “Kill”.

Also, a true blue I asked told me that he had actually mangled it a little bit. It becomes even funnier, as she - once she found out that it was Lian who had said it - denied that it meant kill, even though she has been very sure less than 5 minutes before.

I’ve asked about a dozen people to read the words and they all said it means “anyone can kill him”.

Predictably, those who support pan-blues became highly interpretive once the speaker was revealed.

God Taiwan is driving me :loco: !!! No Truth, No Logic!

In other news, Soong is fear-mongering telling supporters that there will defintely be a war with China if the Pan-Greens win the year end legislative elections.

His proof?

taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003210137

60 year cycles…

Pearl Harbour - 1941
9/11 attacks - 2001

Taiwan Sovereignty - 1945
China Attacks - 2005

At least Taipei Times gave it a good spin:

[quote=“Mr He”]At least Taipei Times gave it a good spin:

Yes, I laughed heartily when I read that! :laughing: :bravo:

I still maintain Old Man Lienchan meant “get rid of the bastid,” not “kill the bastid.” i think it’s pretty evident by now, a week later, that he did not mean MURDER or ASSASSINATE, although it sure sounded like it.

Still, what he said he said was stupid, inane, assi9 and unprecedented. Dumb.

Then again, as 101 various PMs since last week have said, “you are wrong!” Maybe I was wrong. But I still don’t LC, ie, “Looney Certified”, really meant literally MURDER or KILL. COuld someone please untangle this mess now, a week or so later?

Did he or didn’t he?

I don’t believe Lien outright meant “kill Chen”, but I still maintain that he was fully aware of the potential for it to be interpreted that way. It’s all about plausible deniability.

I showed the translator the passage without any context and she said it meant that it was ok for anyone to kill this person because what they had done was so bad. Murder is the wrong word. It seems to be saying that the killing would be a justifiable act, certainly not criminal at least in the eyes of LC…what a bloke :laughing:

bucher boy wrote:

…er, to kill someone with volition is called murder. What other word would it be?

A good friend here, who is Taiwanese, pro-independence, DPP supporter, hates KMT, hates Lien, he told me the other day that while the word he used COULD BE interpreted to mean KILL, he and most people in Taiwan would take it as the idiomatic expression, “get rid of,” in other words, vote out of office, impeach, blame.

If this man, a big DPP fan and hater of KMT, says this, and he said it knowing full well that the word also can be taken to mean MURDER, but he knows LC didn’t really mean it that way, then what are we to make of all this?

It seems someone has made a mountain out of a molehill here. Are there any experts who can tell us the truth? Not another Truth Commission, just the facts, ma’am.

Given that more people have said that the Taiwanese they spoke to would disagree with the guy you spoke to, I’m still leaning toward their side.

This is turning into a Rashomon-like discussion. Who knows? Who Knew?

A man I spoke with tonight about this said the word LC used was more like “use your mouth as a weapon to kill Abian…” = meaning = not really kill or murder, but criticize and try to get him out of office. Does that make more sense now?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]bucher boy wrote:

…er, to kill someone with volition is called murder. What other word would it be?[/quote]

Do soldiers always murder when they kill? Are people who are killed by the state after being convicted in a court of law and sentenced to death classified as being ‘murdered’?

BB wrote:

True on both counts, but we are not at war (unless you think soldiers can kill at will during peacetime) and the president is not a convict awaiting the death penatly.
Lien called for “anyone” to kill those who perpertate fraud (implying President Chen). So anyone who carried out his suggestion literally would be committing murder, yes?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]True on both counts, but we are not at war (unless you think soldiers can kill at will during peacetime) and the president is not a convict awaiting the death penatly.
Lien called for “anyone” to kill those who perpertate fraud (implying President Chen). So anyone who carried out his suggestion literally would be committing murder, yes?[/quote]

Well, according to our wise and skilled vice-president, Annette Lu, we are already in a “quasi state of war” with China … so I guess the rules of war would be in effect? She would never say anything to incite unrest, confusion, or controversy … afterall, she’s fought all her life for human rights, equality, and justice … except for homosexuals, AIDS patients, aborigines, and mainlanders … I bet she’d like the black dwarves if they were still around though!

I agree with you (and any sane person) that anyone following the suggestion would be committing murder. However it seems that the phrase he used is meant to imply that because of what he (A-bian) had done, killing him would not be murder, and much more like a justified killing, even in the eyes of the Gods. I guess the madness of Lien Zhan continues. Is there a film title there?

Most certainly. But does Taiwan have an actor of the stature of the late, great Nigel Hawthorne to do the job - and who would be willing to be placed on a Beijing blacklist?

Last time I checked, the KMT was not at war with the president.

I do agree that Anette Lu’s comments against homosexuals was over the top, but her subsequent proposal to allow same-sex unions did a bit to amend, in my view.

Yes, I believe that she’s a fool too.

Also, the issue here’s Lian Zhan…

I think the title of this thread should be changed to LIEN CHAN: GET RID OF THE PRESIDENT.
Since he did not say MURDER.