Liberals need to stop underestimating Bush and the right

I

Vay for President!

Seriously, if only the Democrats could come forward with something simple, clear and concise like this. And then act on it.

Well, there’s always 2008.

Perhaps there is a simpler explanation. Perhaps, no one is fooling anyone but the voters are listening to the candidates and parties and voting accordingly. The Democrats claim to care about minorities but leave them locked up in shitty schools while protecting the teacher’s unions, they claim to care about workers and then subject labor to the corrupt machinations of organized labor. The Democrats claim to care about health care and then let trial lawyers price medicine out of reach for middle class families. The Cemocrats claim to care about human rights and democracy but do nothing to advance it. The Democrats envision a multi culti world where all cultures are equal and better than the evil Western civilization which delivered respect for human rights, democracy, freedom and equality and they go maybe we don’t really want a multi culti world after all. As to the media, why if when 89% of the reporters in DC are cardcarrying Democrats would Republicans be able to take control of the media message as you claim? Do you read a lot of anti Kerry or anti Bush screeds in the mainstream media? So are you saying the owners of these TV stations and newspapers are fat cats who support Bush but choose to vent against him at ever turn? Does that make sense to you? Anyone?

[quote=“Vay”]I

Ah for the days when we had those “smart” presidents like Carter in office. Remember the trail of destruction that very “smart” man left for that “stupid” Reagan to clean up? Now, we have that “smart” Clinton who was so good at feeling the Middle East’s pain but what did he accomplish there? and then leaving all these things for that “stupid” Bush to clean up. Amazing.

Look at what Bush said his stated goals are and then measure him by whether he has accomplished them. I would say he has done more in this regard than many many many other “smart” people.

Bush is so dumb that he can quit drinking but Clinton who was so smart cannot stop chasing ugly women? Bush is so dumb that he gets one policy after another enacted because all the “smart” people in Congress continue to vote along with him because he is stupid? Er what the hell?

As a corollary to Vay

For all the Republicans’ schenanigans, it is clear that lots of the votes that were tallied were legitimate, and that we have screwed up by talking to each other rather than the religious fundamentalists (morons) in the red states. There is no way we can win elections by simply promising to give those people what they need, because they are not smart enough to understand how they are being shafted by the Rep’s. The Rep’s did a really good job of suckering these people with talk about security and values, and offering them in reality less of both than the Dem’s. We have to stop being so stupid about this: you can’t offer these people what they need and expect to win. We have to say what they want to hear.

As (small D) democrats, we don’t want to do that, because we believe in the separation of church and state, we believe in equal rights for blacks, we believe that science should be the basis of our decisions rather than dogma, etc. We have to stop throwing these principles in their faces and run a candidate who comes across apparantly pro-South (like Carter, Clinton, etc.), which they trust, and NOT Northeastern Estblishment (Kerry, of course, but also Hillary Clinton). We should talk about their issues in a positive way, and absolutely stay away from non-critical divisive issues. Don’t let the Rep’s drag us into a lot of talk about gays (even Clinton made this mistake, but after getting elected), or church-state issues. These people don’t regard the Constitution and Bill of Rights as primary, if they have any idea of what is in there in the first place. Primary for them are what they want for themselves and the religious nonsense they have accepted (simple-minded as these may be).

Deal with real civil rights issues one-by-one later, and with good Supreme Court appointments (which we also lost by our approach to this election), trust that the Constitution and Bill of Rights, properly interpreted, will provide the necessary safeguards. Smear the Rep’s by pounding on their corruption, don’t talk about health care. I don’t think these lessons have been learned, however. The Rep’s win because they are all pragmatism and no principles. At election time, if we don’t emulate them, we are no smarter than the yokels who vote for them.

Amen,

BigJim

[quote=“Vay”]I

[quote=“BigJim”]For all the Republicans’ schenanigans, it is clear that lots of the votes that were tallied were legitimate, and that we have screwed up by talking to each other rather than the religious fundamentalists (morons) in the red states.

The Rep’s win because they are all pragmatism and no principles. At election time, if we don’t emulate them, we are no smarter than the yokels who vote for them.[/quote]

It doesn’t matter what you do if you remain elitist assholes. :laughing:

BTW, yokels are at least well educated enough to know how to spell [i]shenanigans.[/i]

BigJim,

Thanks for illustrating exactly the type of clue-less democrat to which Hobbes referred in his post above.

[quote=“BigJim”]For all the Republicans’ schenanigans…
The Rep’s win because they are all pragmatism and no principles. At election time, if we don’t emulate them, we are no smarter than the yokels who vote for them.[/quote]

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]It doesn’t matter what you do if you remain elitist assholes. :laughing:

BTW, yokels are at least well educated enough to know how to spell [i]shenanigans.[/i][/quote]

Nah, Comrade… “schenanigans” is just the elitist way of spelling “shenanigans”…

Sort of like the way the liberal elite such as Gunga Dan Rather pronounce Beijing like its a French word or something… ever notice that? They all say “Beijing”… where the j is pronounced like the French “je”… what the fuck is that all about? :unamused: Then, in typical liberal delusional fashion, they imagine themselves more sophisticated than the yokel who looks at “Beijing” and pronounces it correctly, as it is actually spelled. :laughing:

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“BigJim”]For all the Republicans’ schenanigans…

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]It doesn’t matter what you do if you remain elitist assholes. :laughing:

BTW, yokels are at least well educated enough to know how to spell [i]shenanigans.[/i][/quote]

Nah, Comrade… “schenanigans” is just the elitist way of spelling “shenanigans”…

Sort of like the way the liberal elite such as Gunga Dan Rather pronounce Beijing like its a French word or something… ever notice that? They all say “Beijing”… where the j is pronounced like the French “je”… what the fuck is that all about? :unamused: Then, in typical liberal delusional fashion, they imagine themselves more sophisticated than the yokel who looks at “Beijing” and pronounces it correctly, as it is actually spelled. :laughing:[/quote]

Have you problems with French?
Can you stop talking about French in 90% of your topics? if tomorrow it’s raining it’ll be french fault?
You have been sexually abused by French when you were child or what? :smiley:

This has pretty much convinced me that BigJim is a Republican who is trying to pretend to be a Democrat. I hope you made it to the Bush victory party at Alleycat’s, whoever you really are!

So, squid, we notice you’ve been averaging 5 post a day for the last year.
I missed the republican event because I have a life. You might want to get one yourself.

:notworthy:

• Big Jim

[quote=“BigJim”]For all the Republicans’ schenanigans…

[quote=“Tigerman”]Nah, Comrade… “schenanigans” is just the elitist way of spelling “shenanigans”…

Sort of like the way the liberal elite such as Gunga Dan Rather pronounce Beijing like its a French word or something… ever notice that? They all say “Beijing”… where the j is pronounced like the French “je”… what the fuck is that all about? :unamused: Then, in typical liberal delusional fashion, they imagine themselves more sophisticated than the yokel who looks at “Beijing” and pronounces it correctly, as it is actually spelled. :laughing:[/quote]

[quote=“doraemon”]Have you problems with French?
Can you stop talking about French in 90% of your topics? if tomorrow it’s raining it’ll be french fault?
You have been sexually abused by French when you were child or what? :smiley:[/quote]

You too must have reading comprehension difficulties. I rarely talk about the French. Moreover, my post above is not “about” the French, it is about elitist liberals. My post above has nothing to do with the French.

Learn to read.

:blush: Looks like someone feewings were hurt. Sorry that Democrats come across as more educated. Then again, look at the states that went blue. Ironic how the talk is again of the simple ‘working class’ hero when that image was originally Democrat-promoted. The stereotype that Repub’s were mostly milkfed yuppies is clearly over; now the Church (or is it fear of a tolerant ‘multi culti’ society a la Fred) and other influences come into play. :help: That there are Dem’s that have strong prejudices is clear; for anyone in these rooms to accuse someone else of prejudice is kind of ridiculous. But why is it Repub’s seldom talk about their views on Rush Limbaugh, who is the main Republican spokesperson in middle America? I’d suspect it was shame yet they appreciate him doing the dirty work, propagandizing to the public. His lies go unchallenged while the pettiest topics that annoy them about Dem’s drive them crazy.
And as for Reagan saving America, take another look at the national deficit and ‘Reaganomics’ (Dunce-o-nomics) and try to say that again with a straight face? Trickle-down economics? That’s the best laugh I’ve had in years. :slight_smile:

just like michael moore is the main democratic spokesperson in liberal america?

So what’s your excuse?

Interesting that all of this talk about educated voters being Democrat continues. As I look at the map, I see massive amounts of support coming from the Central cities where they have the worst failing schools, the highest poverty rates, the highest abortion rates, the highest rates of single families, the highest rates of poverty, crime and drug abuse, and these areas tend to vote Democrat “religiously.” Perhaps the blue states ON AVERAGE have higher levels of education, graduation etc. but then how does one explain the fact that some of the absolute lowest of the low with the worst educational standards are voting so reliably for the Democrats? Also, look at some of the poorest counties in Appalachia with the most appalling conditions and education rates etc. These absolutely ass backward rural areas are voting Democrat as well. How do we explain this? Actually, the highest standards and best education and all that tend to be in the outer suburbs and exurban areas and most of these are voting Republican very reliably.

Back to you all…

Doraemon:

I am the one who likes beating not the French but the government of Jacques Chirac and the French foreign policy establishment with a stout stick. You must have confused Tigerman with me. The reason I do so is not out of any inveterate hatred of France but to highlight the fact that so many liberals (no doubt well educated except for the facts) were looking to the French for leadership. I merely like to point out that the corruption that Bush is accused of is an everyday occurence in the Elysees Palace. I like to point out that for France, not America, it is all about oil. I like to point out that the votes in the Security Council were not about American arrogance and greed and might is right but French arrogance, greed and cynicism. I like to point out that it is not America that is coddling dictators but France. Got it?

By the way, how are the French, Germans and British doing with getting Iran to give up its nuclear developments? Hmmm? We are seeing multilateral efforts taking place in all their glory. AND the media keeps printing each and every day “religiously” its headlines

IRAN AGREES TO FREEZE NUCLEAR PROGRAMS

Gosh. Each and every day the same headline. AND nary a subheadline with

AND THEY REALLY REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME

Haha talk about a contemptible ignorance and lack of understanding.

Don’t be stupid Fred. That is a highly elitist way of thinking about it. You think too much. You need to FEEL how the Democrats are righteous and nuanced and capable of thinking “outside the box”, understanding that those in the inner cities are actually brilliant thinkers who have been deprived of their rightful education by evil Republican schemers who divert tax dollars to the wealthy suburbs in order to keep the inner cities in turmoil, chaos, and illiteracy. This is all your fault.

Incidentally, it looks like the Democrats are now considering themselves to be the equivalent of “battered wives”:
mathewgross.com/blog/archives/001041.html

[quote=“Mel Gilles”]Watch Dan Rather apologize for not getting his facts straight, humiliated before the eyes of America, voluntarily undermining his credibility and career of over thirty years. Observe Donna Brazille [sic] squirm as she is ridiculed by Bay Buchanan, and pronounced irrelevant and nearly non-existent. Listen as Donna and Nancy Pelosi and Senator Charles Schumer take to the airwaves saying that they have to go back to the drawing board and learn from their mistakes and try to be better, more likable, more appealing, have a stronger message, speak to morality. Watch them awkwardly quote the bible, trying to speak the new language of America. Surf the blogs, and read the comments of dismayed, discombobulated, confused individuals trying to figure out what they did wrong. Hear the cacophony of voices, crying out, “Why did they beat me?”

And then ask anyone who has ever worked in a domestic violence shelter if they have heard this before.

They will tell you, every single day.

The answer is quite simple. They beat us because they are abusers. We can call it hate. We can call it fear. We can say it is unfair. But we are looped into the cycle of violence, and we need to start calling the dominating side what they are: abusive. And we need to recognize that we are the victims of verbal, mental, and even, in the case of Iraq, physical violence.[/quote]
Gilles then tells Democrats what they should do in order to end this cycle of beatings:

[quote=“Mel Gilles”]First, you must admit you are a victim. Then, you must declare the state of affairs unacceptable. Next, you must promise to protect yourself and everyone around you that is being victimized. You don’t do this by responding to their demands, or becoming more like them, or engaging in logical conversation, or trying to persuade them that you are right. You also don’t do this by going catatonic and resigned, by closing up your ears and eyes and covering your head and submitting to the blows, figuring its over faster and hurts less is you don’t resist and fight back.

Instead, you walk away. You find other folks like yourself, 56 million of them, who are hurting, broken, and beating themselves up. You tell them what you’ve learned, and that you aren’t going to take it anymore. You stand tall, with 56 million people at your side and behind you, and you look right into the eyes of the abuser and you tell him to go to hell. Then you walk out the door, taking the kids and gays and minorities with you, and you start a new life. The new life is hard. But it’s better than the abuse.[/quote]

So, do you think Canada can handle 56 million new citizens?? Hah – those Canucks think they’re going to be allowed to retain their indigenous culture, wait until they get swamped by 175% of their current population!