Life advice thread

I’m sick of that line…

As long as you stick to those realistic, grounded, and manageable goals!

2 Likes

Can’t you guys discuss this in the college/university thread? This thread is about Australian immigration rules and U.S. gun laws.

Ohhhh, right.

3 Likes

I honestly would have preferred that. At least they got to pay the price of their stupid choices.

LOLZ only because you got caught and deported… Maybe you should do a research masters on being one of the dearly departed from the USA, sent back to a country you don’t like to live in.

The reason I started working at McDonald’s and didn’t get a degree is because my mum used to get drunk and beat me up every night and refused to pay for anything but fake nails and fancy clothes. I didn’t have any other way to make money or pay for school. I worked part time to pay for high school myself. I finished high school then started working full time. I couldn’t afford to go to uni cos that would mean I couldn’t afford to eat. As I got older, my situation improved and I just kept working.

I didn’t live with my dad until i was 16 after finally giving my mum a well deserved black eye. my dad tried everything he could to get us away from her but Australian courts favour mothers. My dad didn’t really have any money at this point cos the government was docking his pay so my mum could go shopping.

I’m not throwing myself a pity party for having a shit upbringing. I made myself a good life.

You aren’t the only person who has had bad things happen to them. But I’m sure you’re older than me and still whining about things that happened decades ago.

5 Likes

You never had dishonor heaped upon you by circumstances outside of your control. You could come and go as you please, not imprisoned on this God forsaken island.

You’re not labeled a criminal because of some bullshit that you had no idea about and everyone just loves go surround you and berate you on how evil you are and hang that shit over you even though it’s been fucking decades.

Look I really am making a huge effort to live this life but sometimes I just want to go to sleep and never wake up, because I’m convinced there’s never going to be light at the end of the tunnel.

I got kicked out of a shopping centre once cos I look similar to my drop kick brother and the dumbass security guard thought that I was him… (he was banned from the shopping centre) That was pretty dishonourable.

I’ve never called you evil. I actually defended you if you look above. But ‘poor me’ is hard to hear.

Yes you have had a rough time but you don’t seem to actually want to make your situation better and that is what frustrates everyone on the forum.

You are not the only person in the world who has had a rough time.

3 Likes

What should I do?

I build more and more guitars and that’s all I can do now.

I’m going to try to apply for college, but I still gotta figure out how I’m going to pay for the application fees, fees needed for stuff like requesting transcript from UT Austin (there’s a cost there too) while every cent I make goes to the landlord or Taipower.

I’m trying to make lemonade but life sure seem like they keep pouring bleach into it.

I’ve seen people do some very evil shit and they don’t even have a felony conviction to back that up.

I don’t really plan to go to Australia anyways, all the poisonous stuff everywhere and it looks like a very hot place too. I rather go to the EU (and yes they know about my situation, according to them it did not rise to the level of needing to ban me from the region).

You’ve said this a few times recently, including to me I think, but I suspect it’s in your head - I seriously doubt that anybody here thinks you’re “evil”.

Complaining a lot and high maintenance, sure, but not “evil”. And from what I can tell from the other bajillion threads, you seem to be gradually doing some things to improve your situation, so that’s something.

2 Likes

You’re limiting yourself.

So have I. Life isn’t fair.

3 Likes

By the way I released a price list and put it on my website. It should at least let people see what services are available and all that. I’ve had to do it in a google doc because facebook page is limiting in that way, but it’s something.

2 Likes

What are you trying to achieve by going back to school?

2 Likes

I want to have better income potential so I won’t sit here and whine about how I don’t have enough money to pay rent and can’t afford shit like travel to the EU/Japan/China (legally that’s the easiest country for me to immigrate to right now, as TW citizens are effectively given carte blanche right to immigrate there by Xi).

I just want to improve my situation in case this guitar thing is never going to work out over the long term. I don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket.

2 Likes

Should we start a @Taiwan_Luthiers thread and you can chuck all your thoughts in there? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

At least I can do this in Australia… use a frying pan to keep crocs away.

Picture won’t load for my but easier solution. Move to Melbourne, no crocs in Melbourne :joy:

Yea sorry I’m having trouble with this… copy/paste the link…

https://www.facebook.com/1020697385/videos/165119183102956/

:joy::joy::joy:

To be honest, I would not recommend you taking this route, unless your end goal is a government job (or any job that would only require you to pass a written test). First of all, age discrimination is rampant in Taiwan (Few people are still engineers past 40). Even if an employer can look past your age, will you be able to compete with other new graduates in interviews?

There have been plenty of suggestions given to you by forum members, but you were full of excuses on how they wouldn’t work. You need money to leave/expand your business/whatever, instead of complaining here, go earn some by working in construction, biandang shops, retail, cleaning, another guitar shop , etc. , since you only work 5 hours a week right now. You can even show your products and hand out your business cards at those popup markets. Just get off your ass and do something.

3 Likes