Life on the Buses 2020+

You going around the island.

Looking nice this view

1 Like

Iā€™ve gotten the rebate when they switch to a bus with 4 seats in a row instead of 3. Was this the case?

Itā€™s 4 seats to a row.

@Marco did you notice any instructions on at the terminal about bikes? Like if itā€™s an extra ticket or needed to be covered in a bike bag?

Since this whole swipe on and off thing started Iā€™ve accidentally locked up two cards. Whatā€™s one to do about this stupid bullshit? Do they unlock them at the 7?

I unlock them at MRT station by telling them where I rode it and then they collect that amount from it. Not sure about bus.

Looked up a card? How?

By failing to swipe the card when I get on the bus and when I get off the bus.

1 Like

Okay. I see.
Yeah, just do like @tango42 said. Go to a MRT station and they can fix it for you.

Banged up my leg twice already on this thing hiding below knee level. Almost fell down.

Maybe you should be taking the ā€œspecialā€ bus.

Just looking out for your well being.

How to ride a bus in Taipei - Instructional video:

1 Like

I wonder if the news will talk about the car accident in one of the tunnels between Yilan and Taipei. It didnā€™t look insane, but there were so many vehicles involved. On my side of teh bus I could see 4 cars and a truck, but there were also some vehicles on the opposite side that I couldnā€™t see.

No victims, I hope.

The cars and truck on my side were ok, it looked like many vehicles bumped each other at relatively low speed. No idea about the stuff on the opposite side, I could see the road was blocked but couldnā€™t see anything else.

1 Like

The service, which was jointly developed by Chunghwa Telecom, Kingwaytek Technology and Tanshui Bus Transportation Co., will run between Kanding Station and Miranew Square in New Taipei, and take about five minutes each way.

So this is where Danshui Bus Company spends its money.

HEY DANSHUI BUS! Quit wasting money on frivolous projects like these and revamp your maps so we donā€™t have to wait 1 hour for a bus thatā€™s full to the seams of people!

3 Likes

Rant: I am sick and tired of aisle seat hogs. So many selfish people sit in the aisle seat, making the window seat unavailable to anyone. they either think they are ā€˜getting off soonā€™, which they usually arenā€™t or they are making a futile attempt avoiding a sun that happens to be on that side.

Lady! Three minutes on the bus wont make you brown. Get some vitamin D! Donā€™t worry. But I am tired of forcing people to move over or they get difficult and try to make me step over them after the bus has already started moving. They donā€™t even get up cause they are lazy and donā€™t wanna move.

Why canā€™t we make boarding easy!

7 Likes

Does anyone know if the system is
Smart enough to detect double swiping? Sometimes I swipe it but didnā€™t hear the noise while getting down, so I may swipe again. Does the system understand that 2 swipes while getting off must be for the same ride?

Yes, very annoying, and some of them make no effort to move even though you indicate you want to sit. I think a lot of them want to avoid the aircon vents at the side on some bus types side, but they can be closed so shift the feck over!

Or point the bloody AC at me!

I stand there like an idiot trying to give them the hint that I wanna sit down. These people halve the number of seats on the bus. I can barely step over the old lady while trying to balance brake pedal to the metal!

2 Likes