Life on the Buses 2020+

Given up being polite on it at this stage, if I’m trying to get in or out of the window seat and all you do is an ineffective shuffle of your feet then prepare for broken feet or ankles as I do an equally ineffective shuffle over them.

3 Likes

It does seem pretty awkward when another elderly person wants to sit down and is carrying bags…instead of moving from the aisle seat to the window seat the person sitting down would rather have some old grandma carrying her market groceries (bag in each hand) climb over them twice…

1 Like

I can’t say for sure in Taipei but I imagine it’s all the same, but in Taichung if you try to swipe again it won’t charge your card twice if you’re at the same stop (same for either getting on or getting off when you swipe so no worries if you swipe again to make sure).

In Taipei, the bus systems has a timer so if you swipe twice within a small time frame it will not charge you twice.

Before the swipe on and off method, you could swipe twice for another passenger, but would need to tell the driver so they can activate the second swipe. This was helpful when a friend forgot their card.

I’m not sure if they still allow swiping for another passenger?

my go to now is ‘Move over!’

Free ride today because Yoyo card machines were out of service. They didn’t even want cash.

Please forgive for the inconvenience caused by the failure of the ticket inspection machine. Sincerely, Capital Passenger Transport Co., Ltd.

3 Likes

It’s already free for me anyways. I’d lose my mind if I had to put in money.

If people have a ‘monthly’ card it really doesn’t matter, it’s just not making money for the bus company.

If I remember well, in Taichung the bus is even free if you stay within a specific perimeter, at least was the case last time I visited.

Taichung bus is free for 10km. After that the max charge will be 10NT.

1 Like

Is the MRT almost ready btw?

Is that the limit for the day? In Kaohsuing I done 7 trips within single price period,

Free 10Km with max 10NT charge if going beyond the free 10Km PER trip

Yeah the 1st Taichung MRT line (the Green line) is supposed to open in a few months. Still some things and systems they need to do some tests and get approval on. I think at the moment they’re waiting on something from the Central Govt. while they’re finishing up some other stuff.

OK ! Here they give you two hour transfer period to finish your trip with daily cap of NT$24 like Aussie cities but at less than 10% of the price (NZ or AU)

Just watch your grip on the bus!

4 Likes

Scary…

Interesting Engrish and reporting style in this article.

Me likes it.

The bus “jumps” the kerb, then “rides” the sidewalk at around 8:00 pm.

I like this kind of action in news reports.

And who cares about the grammar?

If the bus had “ridden on the sidewalk,” the story would have been more boring.

2 Likes

Not as fun as K-man’s writing style.

CRAZED Evil Bus Driver (probably foreign) maniacally kills two innocent poor people by freestyling his bus on the sidewalk.

6 Likes

I want to know something, is it completely normal to get off a bus wanting to throw up? It happens to me many times. Not sure if it’s the driving style or the fumes… but about 1 out of 3 bus trips leaves me feeling very nauseous.

1 Like