Life on the Buses 2020+

looks this one its more popular.

1 Like

Saw this today:

What’s the 加班車 suppose to mean? Exclusive for people who work overtime?

Driver working overtime maybe :slight_smile: I understood it as unscheduled extra bus.

1 Like

Does anyone know anything about buses or airbrakes?

I notice some bus has this air popping sound when it brakes, and often the driver brakes HARD.

Is it problem with the bus brake system?

Also why do some bus drivers leave the AC off? Like sometimes inside the bus is really hot. Especially with masks.

Every bus/vehicle with air brakes will have an air hiss sound when the brakes are applied.

Ask them?

Not just air hiss sound. This is sound coke machines make every now and then, like when a valve pops.

Some buses would have a loud hiss every now and then. It does not happen to all buses which is why I ask.

Maybe it is being offered up as some sort of pathetic excuse for the reckless driving?

Could be the tank blow off valve or the driver using the hand/emergency brake. Some buses are newer, some are older, some will have working air release mufflers, some will not.

Some bus accident… Sanchong Bus, not surprised (Sanchong bus drivers are often VERY aggressive and often get mad too).

2 Likes

三重客運? Ha, not surprised, they tend to have the most aggressive drivers out there, all I remember from them is hard braking here and there. I’ve seen people falling down cuz of that on R23 and one bus i forgot the number in Sanchong/Luzhou area.

Yea no wonder they pay people to introduce drivers to them, and even pays the drivers 20,000nt extra if they survive the probational period.

It must mean few really want to work there… Because I don’t see similar ad from other bus companies.

Why don’t you do it and make bank? Save up $300000-600000 and get started on your dreams. I’m sure you would be a safe driver.

Where would I come up with the money needed to get a commercial drivers license? It’s not like a car license. Also since I have asperger’s I tend to make terrible driver, due to inability to focus on multiple things at once, and the amount of things bus drivers must focus on boggles my mind. Finally, they wouldn’t be that desperate to find drivers if they were such great companies to work for. Probably because of shit per route pay, meaning drivers have time pressure to meet. This makes for dangerous driving. The government needs to regulate this. I don’t mind paying a little more for buses if this means safer drivers. But since it seems Sanchong Bus is the only company having problems, it’s a problem with the company.

In most European countries they would’ve been sacked long time already.

1 Like

@Taiwan_Luthiers you weren’t wrong above about these lunatics driving for Sanchong.

I stepped on the bus … and there it was, staring right into my face, the foot, barely recognizable, more resembling a claw with dirty long toenails. I was startled but endured the sight and set forth my trip on the bus to the big city.

1 Like

Just do like you’re at home, the bus is your living room

They install these monitors.

They’re stuck. Again.

The marquee works as usual. Too bad the stuck Android monitors are blocking the robust marquee.

Passed this station 40 min ago.

I can’t believe the MRT wants to do this.

1 Like

sanchong drivers in general are that way… one of the scariest places to drive

1 Like