Life on the MRT 2021

An anomaly! Cool! So this is like some kind of Star Trek thing leading us to another dimension?!

(Doesn’t seem like an entirely bad idea right now.)

2 Likes

Let’s hope that means they were just yanking someone off the train for some mask violation. :praying:

Guy

Or off the tracks. I’d prefer the star trek theory

Not sure. Train stopped, then stopped again.

Then told everyone to get off at the next station.

Heh heh heh.

Sorry, sort of wired and sleep-deprived with a seriously regressing sense of humor at the moment.

2 Likes

Time for a train replacement tender?

2 Likes

I wonder how they are going to do month tickets? Are they going to have zoned pricing like Berlin?

I guess it would probably just be on the Taipei Metro system.

1 Like

You have to be careful of transparent backgrounds and black text on those transparent backgrounds.

1 Like
4 Likes

File this one under “Life on the MRT 2022”:

As indicated in the story, the five-car trains are manufactured by Taiwan Rolling Stock, based in Hsinchu. Here’s a closer look:

Guy

2 Likes

As long as they roll it’s fine.

They look pretty sleek! It seems Taiwan is finally getting the hang of this (as they’ve done earlier with bikes and many other manufactured goods).

Guy

The Ankeng area is rather undeveloped so far, but there are some residential communities in the mountains there already. The new line will probably lead to more of those developments, destroying those nice mountains slopes. :frowning:

And they’re really old and run down mostly.

1 Like

Haven’t been on route 110 for quite a while. Wonder how the have managed to fit the LRT into that rather narrow valley.

1 Like

Ankeng was a notorious White Terror detention zone. Wonder if that’s part of the story (as it is with the Liuzhangli area of Taipei City—a notorious White Terror body dumping ground).

Guy