Life on the MRT 2021

When did the White Terror end? I mean there has not been much development in the last 30 years. I think it’s more about the inconvenience getting there, bit of a bottle neck once you’ve crossed the river or if you come from Zhonghe.

1 Like

Peoples’ memories are not like light switches; they don’t turn on and off, but memories linger.

For more details on the Ankeng site, I found this to be very informative:

Guy

1 Like

I Youbike along that river all the time. That bridge pillar would be a great target for daredevil freeclimbers from Ukraine.

But Green Island does not deter tourists, does it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a good point!

Not many of them would live there, though.

Guy

1 Like

OK, I now agree. Political prison sounded somewhat OK, but there also was an execution site, graveyard, and also military prison. Well, how long do those poor souls stick around again? Could they be awakened by the sound of LRT trains? :dizzy_face:

Didn’t see that info on the English version of that site.

2 Likes

I’d personally bring in Buddhist, Daoist, Christian, and shamanistic priests to help calm things down—and bless this system—if needed.

Best to cover all bases.

Guy

1 Like
2 Likes

TV News reports that several workers appear to have died in a collapse during a concrete pour on a Pier in Sanxia today. Site is said to be at the corner of Jiaxing Road and Jiafu Road. (Light Blue Line under construction)

Assuming the site identified is correct, it would be the Pier at midscreen at 04:33 in the linked video that was posted a week ago.

1 Like

Scaffolding the workers were on suddenly collapsed.

1 Like

Looking back at the first post on this thread, they actually completed and started operating the circle line. Will they be on schedule in 2022? Only one way to find out, by continuing the conversation here: Life on the MRT 2022