Living Overseas on a Dime - Noel's channel

Our house is sold, and the buyers’ financing was approved this past week; we are outta here!!!

Flights are booked for January 31!!!

This is the awesome that is Winnipeg right now:

4 Likes

Brrrrrrrrrrr. Holy.shit. Congratulations also!

1 Like

Thanks. The Retirement Visa information is great.

No love for Vietnam or Cambodia?

I looked at Vietnam, and although cheap (and we are interested in living there for a bit, for sure), the visa situation is a mess, and there is no Retirement visa. Some people get around this problem by doing a Business Visa and not really having a business, but during Covid there has been a big crackdown on this. As for Cambodia, I need to do a bit more research before putting anything out there. I like to know a fair bit about a place before posting a video, and I am only in the beginning stages for Cambodia and Laos. Thanks for actually watching - it is much appreciated!

1 Like

Are there any benefits of with a Canadian citizenship if you want to move to another commonwealth nation? I know many brits retire in places like Malaysia relatively easily.

If CANZUK is a thing, then yes. But not very many benefits at the moment.

You can vote in the UK and some other commonwealth realms if you have a visa to live there.

You can use some other commonwealth realm embassies like Australia or the UK if you need to, especially if you don’t have a Canadian embassy nearby.

You have easy access to the US where others don’t.

Cambodia seems to be rough even for rugged adventurous young people after a few years, from everything I’ve heard and seen. It’s gotta be really rough for a Western family or retiree.

Our most recent video, which is an update as to where we are in relation to leaving, etc… It is also the first actual video where we all are in it at the same time. I was happy with it, especially considering when we are traveling most of our videos will be while we are out and about, and will have all of us interacting.

Update: Our Great Resignation - YouTube

1 Like

Plot twist…Did they go to snowy Canada ?:wink::grin:

2 Likes

I think not …

2 Likes

Maybe of interest for those of you thinking of colder climes and Christmas, our most recent video of the Christmas Lights at the Winnipeg Zoo:

1 Like

When are you heading off, Noel? We leave tomorrow!! This past week has been the most difficult/insane packing ordeal I’ve ever undertaken. Ugh. So glad to have it 99% finished now!

1 Like

So great to hear! We leave on January 31st, so we are in the process of packing right now. We still have a fair bit to do, however. I completely get it, packing up your entire life(some in storage, some for the road) is very stressful.

2 Likes

And here it is!! Our leaving Canada video; it’s official!

4 Likes

How’s it been going?? We’re about 3 weeks on in Mexico so far and it’s been absolutely amazing. Hope y’all have been enjoying your time!

Here is a bit of an update video for those interested:

4 Likes

Good stuff. Your son seems to be enjoying himself!

Watched a bit of your previous video. I don’t know how smort it is to flash cash. We know you have money. Don’t nee to see it. :idunno:

I have no idea what this is referring to.

Thanks a lot for watching, I do appreciate it!

Cole is having a lot of fun - especially at the beach!!

1 Like

MOney. You flashed a wad of cash. I wouldn’t do that. Internet and all.