Living with Taiwanese family - cultural differences

Why?[/quote]

You don’t know? Should we tell him the truth. Can he handle the truth…

There are a number of threads dedicated to this subject.
Do research…
[Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … ilet+paper](Toilet Paper: Toilet or Can?
I read that thread and did not find very good reasons why. Here’s what I am told by family. It seems to be true.

1. Pipes are bad and gets blocked very easily.
  2. If you have city sewers, more than likely what goes down the toilet will show up at the beach. Sewage in many towns is untreated.
  3. If you have a septic tank, it is so pitifully small, you will be getting a terrible “rest room” smell in your garage/car port and will have to call the honey wagon.

Let’s not forget the Japanese toilet! It’s slowly disappearing now, thank goodness. It’s a toilet that you have to stand over and squat. Foreigners were know for falling in. When I first came here, that was the only style of toilet available in public restrooms. I would never go outside my home for many years…

ryanmizuno.com/blog/wp-content/u … G_0776.jpg

And while talking bathroom talk… I should tell you that. If you think you are making Number 1, you are really making Number 2 here in Taiwan.