Llary's experience

WARNING, tangent about to occur:

What type of name is Llary? Is it Welsh? Just wondering.

Bodo

Yeah that might be it. If you never go out, besides for running around (or was it dancing?) the house naked you

How do you know about my naked dancing?! Have you been snooping with that telescope of yours again? Nontheless your kind words shall see me through until I find the Eskimo scientist girl of my dreams.

PS - don’t forget about their space fridge full of space ice cream that desparately needs a new compressor fitting.

[quote=“Rapunzel”]Yeah that might be it. If you never go out, besides for running around (or was it dancing?) the house naked you

Llary was a llama character from one of Gary Larson’s Far Side cartoons.

‘Llook out Llary, it’s the llandllord!’

No, it’s not Polish, so you can all stop calling me Ilary now. Cheers.

[quote=“Bodo”]WARNING, tangent about to occur:

What type of name is Llary? Is it Welsh? Just wondering.

Bodo[/quote]

That’s completely libellous. I can also do manly stuff with drills like put shelves up or spend 6 months fixing a gate.

I do favour men who fix the fridge on Friday nights! :wink:

Well, maybe I can introduce my friend to you.
She’s nice, lovely, cute, and naive. And she’s 27.
Her home is in Taichung. But she’s not in Taiwan now…
She’s doing her master in Birmingham.
Will you be still in Taichung when she goes back home in Dec.?

Or… let me think… my sister is pretty and nice, too.
She’s 26. And I really love her. She’s my best friend.

Oh, oops…
Is it ethical to introduce friends and family to a stranger???

You may be too young for them anyway…

Sorry for this helpless reply…
Wish you the best luck!!!

Yeah that might be it. If you never go out, besides for running around (or was it dancing?) the house naked you

[quote=“solitude”]
She’s nice, lovely, cute, and naive. And she’s 27.[/quote]

I can’t speak for llary, but my impression is that this is exactly what he is trying to avoid!!!

IMO:
Cute=Hello Kitty
Naive=Airheaded

I bet you can too, big boy… In red overalls with a big toooool belt hanging around your waist…

You’ve flumexed me llary. I used to think it was Ilary, as in the Greek god of high speed collisions, or something. What a difference a font can make!

On the girl front, all I can say is “I hear you buddy.” I’ve spent a lot of years here, but eventually chose to get married to a girl from back home. She was the ideal candidate actually - although we lived in the same town back in Oz, we met-up here in Taipei, and like me she’s a bit of a Taiwan/Sino-head. With gcat I get to live in Taiwan, but also have some of Australia around at the same time. And of course, I love her; especially that thing she does with the latex suit and handcuffs*. Works for me.

*PM me for details on a good supplier of S&M equipment.

How do you know they’re not too young for ME? My friend says I’m 23, look 15, talk like I’m 43 and act like I’m 7. I hope we’re clear now.

If she’s doing a masters in business, industrial design or economics then I think we’d better call it off. If she’s involved with Eskimo Studies we can talk. Schoolteachers are a possibility because they learn some great fart jokes from the kids.

[quote=“solitude”]I do favour men who fix the fridge on Friday nights! :wink:

She’s nice, lovely, cute, and naive. And she’s 27.
Her home is in Taichung. But she’s not in Taiwan now…
She’s doing her master in Birmingham.
Will you be still in Taichung when she goes back home in Dec.?

Or… let me think… my sister is pretty and nice, too.
She’s 26. And I really love her. She’s my best friend.

Oh, oops…
Is it ethical to introduce friends and family to a stranger???

You may be too young for them anyway…

Sorry for this helpless reply…
Wish you the best luck!!![/quote]

You said what I was thinking but was too nice to say.

[quote=“Indiana”]I can’t speak for llary, but my impression is that this is exactly what he is trying to avoid!!!

IMO:
Cute=Hello Kitty
Naive=Airheaded[/quote]

I have been here for too long to think of niceties anymore… :laughing:

Whoa! This thread has turned into llary’s personal dating service :slight_smile:

So, what’s the status, llare? Got any dates out of this yet?

Well…
my usage of ‘cute’ = outgoing + interesting + lovely,
and ‘naive’ = not manipulative + sincere

Or do I get the meaning wrong with these two Eglish words??
Not confident in my English now…
(because I just translated the words from Chinese??)

She’s doing Translation Studies, and she was a teacher for a year.

But I was also a teacher before I came to Birmingham,
how come I never learned any fart jokes from the kids??
Maybe I was too serious for them to do so…

[quote=“llary”]You said what I was thinking but was too nice to say.

[quote=“Indiana”]I can’t speak for llary, but my impression is that this is exactly what he is trying to avoid!!!

IMO:
Cute=Hello Kitty
Naive=Airheaded[/quote][/quote]

ha ha … date you… sure I could probably do that… but if not, can I just rent you ??? :laughing:

The friend who introduced me to head-buried-in-a-magazine girl reports that said girl apparently rather likes me and would like another date arranged. Much as I would love to be bored out of my skull for another three hours I’m afraid I have a very pressing engagement with my refrigerator.

I have a trip planned to LA and the UK next month. Will Llary find the woman of his dreams behind the airport security scanners? Would some incredible twist of fate leave him sitting next to an Eskimo girl urgently requiring body warmth? Or will his head be turned by the firm, proud buttocks of a handsome flight attendant named Cory? Watch this space!

[quote=“tash”]Whoa! This thread has turned into llary’s personal dating service :slight_smile:

So, what’s the status, llare? Got any dates out of this yet?[/quote]

I wouldn’t go around telling everyone your friend is naive, m’dear. It implies that she’s gullible.

There’s nothing wrong with being completely childish every once in a while… go on, try it! Go to a cafe and have a pudding fight with your friend. Make fart noises when someone is about to sit down. Walk into a DIY shop and ask for chicken fried rice (that’s a Liverpool thing). It’ll take years off you!

I hope you like Birmingham. It’s one of the most boring places I’ve ever been to.

[quote=“solitude”]Well…
my usage of ‘cute’ = outgoing + interesting + lovely,
and ‘naive’ = not manipulative + sincere

Or do I get the meaning wrong with these two Eglish words??
Not confident in my English now…
(because I just translated the words from Chinese??)

She’s doing Translation Studies, and she was a teacher for a year.

But I was also a teacher before I came to Birmingham,
how come I never learned any fart jokes from the kids??
Maybe I was too serious for them to do so…[/quote]

oooh oooh whip sponges at your friends in costco!!!

Do you have any idea what the going rate is for llamas these days?! Let’s just say if you have to ask you can’t afford it.

[quote=“llary”]Do you have any idea what the going rate is for llamas these days?! Let’s just say if you have to ask you can’t afford it.
[/quote]

HA… shows what you know… my imaginary trust fund is overflowing with llama rental funds

:dance:

shake it llama boy… hahahahahhahaha :nyah:

i feel your pain. i’ve had much better luck dating japanese girls here in taichung. if you’re interested, i can let you know where to meet them.