Locals on average drink 200 cups of coffee per year from new report

It seemed low to me then I remembered they drink tea here not coffee. 200 isn’t bad like half a cup a day.

Maybe they are counting children. Not many adults hate coffee.

A cup is tiny too. If you drink real sized coffees, you’re drinking at least two “cups” in each.

2 Likes

Espresso?

Guy

1 Like

When I drink expresso I put three or four in a bigger cup. I doubt many just drink that tiny chug. I am a coffee addict though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With a habit like that, I imagine you must be a NightOwlBoy. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Good, good. Keep drinking more coffee. Best coffee. Try different kinds of coffee. Select origin. Diverse farms. Drink coffee!

Coffee has taken over tea in Taiwan, buahaha!

I make espresso using a moka pot. You don’t need more than a double to be on the ceiling.

Sounds fun :upside_down_face:

It’s one hell of a ride. Especially with a few sugars thrown into the mix.

I don’t do sugar or processed grains, but I think I could make my weekly exception for one of your magic drinks.

1 Like

It’s all about the moka pot.

Of course they are counting children. It’s the average of the entire population.

And lots of adults don’t like coffee. I never drink coffee and I know lots of people who don’t drink coffee.

Traditionally, yes, but coffee is clearly very well established here now.

So you would dispute this article, correct?

You just haven’t lived until you have tried the “Extra large Sicily lemon sparkling coffee”.

Apparently.

1 Like

Interesting article. I agree that when using the moka pot the taste that comes out is intense and bold. I haven’t used a true espresso machine, so I can’t really comment. I know in a cafe a double espresso has a lighter taste than I achieve in the moka pot.
What I can say is that I’ve got a 6-8 shot pot, and I add coffee for six shots but only add water for 3-4 shots, so it comes out like a rocket.

I used to live with a couple of guys from Sicily who swore by the moka pot, and that’s good enough for me. :grin:

1 Like

Screw the quantity, what I love about Taiwan (at least Taipei) is the quality, both in coffee and in space.

The amount of choice you find in some shops in Taipei is what opened my eyes on the diversity of grains–in terms of choice in France it’s just espressos, in the US mostly you got the choice between medium roast and French roast.

And the spaces they design is great to chill or have a date. So many hipstery coffee shops in Taipei where you could take a girl, warm dim lights, nice light music. Compare that to the US where one shop out of two has that bored barista blasting music all over the place for their own entertainment, rolling their eyes when you ask them to drop the volume.
(old man Baxter shaking his fist, off)

1 Like

Livin’.

1 Like

I have actually thought about trying other things on the convenience store coffee menu besides 美式咖啡, but I’m still reluctant to try expanding my vocabulary beyond my current 27 words - I’m trying to keep the neuroplasticity for other stuff rather than, say, milk tea with pork floss.

3 Likes